Name Tags on Police uniform

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Postby Bitterman » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:13 pm

As I recall.. The last time the hammer fell and officers were issued name tags the issued memo stated that all staff were required to wear name tags while on duty... It didn't say you had to wear "your" name tag.
So.... of course smart asses being smart asses.... ;)

User avatar
T.M.DIESEL
King Poobah
Posts: 2253
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:09 am
Location: Western Ontario
Contact:

Postby T.M.DIESEL » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:26 pm

Bitterman wrote:'Should use stripper or porn names... Y'know, combine your first pets name with your mothers maiden name...
I'd be "Tippy MacDonald"

This issue has come up once in awhile... Some officers are way too paranoid re. letting inmates know their sir name.
Name tags were once issued... memos re. manditory wearing while on duty came out.... There wasn't any enforcement though.

Current ID is a photo and #


Search hard enough there was actually a thread about this a year or so ago. :P
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -- Unknown

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have.--Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Postby Bitterman » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:42 pm

BusDriver wrote:
Bitterman wrote:'Should use stripper or porn names... Y'know, combine your first pets name with your mothers maiden name...
I'd be "Tippy MacDonald"

This issue has come up once in awhile... Some officers are way too paranoid re. letting inmates know their sir name.
Name tags were once issued... memos re. manditory wearing while on duty came out.... There wasn't any enforcement though.

Current ID is a photo and #


Search hard enough there was actually a thread about this a year or so ago. :P


I refuse to live in the past!

User avatar
T.M.DIESEL
King Poobah
Posts: 2253
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:09 am
Location: Western Ontario
Contact:

Postby T.M.DIESEL » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:46 pm

Sorry I should have said the Thread was on "What is you Stripper Name" ;)
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -- Unknown

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have.--Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
goaliegibson
Regular Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:54 pm
Contact:

Postby goaliegibson » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:33 pm

Maggie Wood
Anyways I like the idea of Surname tags. It gives the police office are more approachable appearance in my mind.
-Kyle

User avatar
Rye
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:01 am
Location: London, Ontario
Contact:

Postby Rye » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 pm

edit
Last edited by Rye on Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
camarao
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:20 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby camarao » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:51 am

I think it should be the officer's choice at the scene whether or not to provide their name. A badge # is made visible for a reason. Not every dipshit on the street needs to know your name.

camarao
Duty, Truth and Honor

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Postby Bitterman » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:08 am

camarao wrote: Not every dipshit on the street needs to know your name.

camarao


Those dipshits are the people you're supposed top be serving.... :D

User avatar
Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:56 pm
Contact:

Postby Dave Jenkins » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:34 am

camarao wrote:I think it should be the officer's choice at the scene whether or not to provide their name. A badge # is made visible for a reason. Not every dipshit on the street needs to know your name.

camarao


One can only assume that if you get on a police service (in Ontario) you will not issue any PON’s on the grounds that doing so will identify you by name! Take a look at the first (top) line of an (Ontario) Provincial Offence Notice. Badge number is found towards the bottom with your John Hancock. And putting your name on the PON is not an option!

The mindset you have is shared by a few and likely the driving force behind Sevices going to name tags so as to identify you to the public you serve as some won't or at least go out of their way to hide it.

Your name will come out over and over again during a career in a variety of ways so you might as well get use to it.
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
-Mahatma Gandhi

User avatar
gogethimjohnny
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Postby gogethimjohnny » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:41 am

Yup and the best thing about your name on the PON is that its in black and white and you can say," my names on the top sir, drive safe."

No need to get into a large discussion about what your name is and the accused making a big show about writing ur name down.


Anyone agree thats what I was told by an officer.
hope to be a cop one day

Starsky

Postby Starsky » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 am

gogethimjohnny wrote:Yup and the best thing about your name on the PON is that its in black and white and you can say," my names on the top sir, drive safe."

No need to get into a large discussion about what your name is and the accused making a big show about writing ur name down.


Anyone agree thats what I was told by an officer.


I've done that before. I had a lady flipping out because I gave her a ticket and she was demanding to know my name. I told her and she wanted to know how it was spelled. I told her to calm down and read the ticket and she'd find my name on there.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests