Puncture resist gloves

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Unionguy78
Rookie Member

Puncture resist gloves

Postby Unionguy78 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm part of a clothing committee looking to add Puncture resistant gloves to our members issued equipment. We're having a hard time locating a decent pair. I realize there is no "one glove fits all purposes", but the ones we've sampled felt like cardboard wrapped around your hands. Has anyone come across a pair that would be suitable for searches .... and if possible regular patrol use??? We have the HAKSON 2000 right now which is slash resist, b ut have very poor needle stick protection. Money is no object.......ya right.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Re: Puncture resist gloves

Postby IndictableChaser » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Hatch resistor, I went with a size smaller to keep that tactile feel in my fingers.

My co-worker has a pair of 221b gloves. They feel like mechanix gloves but offer excellent protection. Looking at getting a pair

EDIT:

Maybe not 221B https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwV-VCvTxh4
Last edited by IndictableChaser on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

Unionguy78
Rookie Member

Re: Puncture resist gloves

Postby Unionguy78 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:38 am

Thx for the reply. We tried some that were terrible. I think they were turtle skin?? felt like cardboard wrapped around your hand.