NIGHTSTICK NSP-1170

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member

NIGHTSTICK NSP-1170

Postby ShadowBrooks » Thu May 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Does anyone have any reviews for these?

Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Re: NIGHTSTICK NSP-1170

Postby mack_silent » Thu May 11, 2017 10:58 pm

I had the Bayco NightStick model 1124. Would rate it 0/5 stars. My $1 dollar store flashlight lasted longer.

This flashlight has proven to be very unreliable due to poor build quality and materials.
The whole thing is flimsy plastic, battery compartment isn't sealed right, and low quality connections which allow the 4 x AAA batteries to wiggle out of place.
Within 2 months, the batteries corroded, the light intermittently becomes non functional (won't turn on / loses power).
If you're looking for something reliable, this is not it. Would not recommend.

You'd be much better off with a Streamlight, ASP, Fenix... or any other duty flashlight.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member

Postby ShadowBrooks » Fri May 12, 2017 1:26 pm

mack_silent wrote:I had the Bayco NightStick model 1124. Would rate it 0/5 stars. My $1 dollar store flashlight lasted longer.

This flashlight has proven to be very unreliable due to poor build quality and materials.
The whole thing is flimsy plastic, battery compartment isn't sealed right, and low quality connections which allow the 4 x AAA batteries to wiggle out of place.
Within 2 months, the batteries corroded, the light intermittently becomes non functional (won't turn on / loses power).
If you're looking for something reliable, this is not it. Would not recommend.

You'd be much better off with a Streamlight, ASP, Fenix... or any other duty flashlight.

Was looking at it for the alternating blue/red flash pattern for day/night traffic control.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Fri May 12, 2017 2:11 pm

The version I had was the 1st generation (older) of the nightstick flashlight, with 1 button.

The newer version (in photo) has two buttons. If it's better quality, let me know.
I've seen a few TPS members carrying them on the front of their vests.

ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member

Postby ShadowBrooks » Fri May 12, 2017 4:59 pm

mack_silent wrote:The version I had was the 1st generation (older) of the nightstick flashlight, with 1 button.

The newer version (in photo) has two buttons. If it's better quality, let me know.

I ordered from MDCharlton had it on sale surprisingly when I called asking for prices.. said I should see it around Monday will try it out and post something. Reviews on Amazon weren't that bad for the regular white ones. I was actually surprised that they didn't ask any questions when I ordered, thinking it would be a restricted product for sale in BC/Canada with the light combination, maybe its not their issue if someone runs around town with it willy nilly.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:55 pm

ShadowBrooks wrote:
mack_silent wrote:The version I had was the 1st generation (older) of the nightstick flashlight, with 1 button.

I ordered from MDCharlton had it on sale surprisingly when I called asking for prices.. said I should see it around Monday will try it out and post something. Reviews on Amazon weren't that bad for the regular white ones. I was actually surprised that they didn't ask any questions when I ordered, thinking it would be a restricted product for sale in BC/Canada with the light combination, maybe its not their issue if someone runs around town with it willy nilly.

I use one on traffic duties for the red and blue feature.. the unit is.. hmm.. ok.

Like with a lot of things bought on internet these days, you can have it but.. don't dare to use it.
Last edited by Tango5 on Sat May 13, 2017 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Fri May 12, 2017 10:19 pm

As I'm not an LEO (yet), I had the straight white LED one, with no flashing, bought for handsfree lighting of large areas at night.

If the 2nd gen models are better made, I'd imagine the flashing ones would be great for police doing traffic duty (red/blue), construction crews (orange/yellow), and airline runway staff.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:52 am

I use the NSR 2070 which is rechargeable, I believe the NSP 1170 uses AA battery cells?

I have never had any issues with it. The charge lasts for whatever I use it for. They claim 7.5 hours as a regular flashlight and 4 hours in the red/blue strobe mode on a single charge but I can't comment on this as I was never stuck using it full time for the alleged times. I charge it at home and keep the car charger with me.
This unit comes with home and car charger.

I wouldn't use this as a general duty flashlight, it's just to big (long), however, great for traffic, very visible and obvious. You can get slip on cones for it too. I never bothered.

The NSR-2070 Rechargeable Safety Light Flashlight combines a full-size flashlight and a flood/flashing safety light in an all LED compact lightweight package. Two body-mounted push buttons control the lighting functions. The top button powers the tight-beam, long-throw flashlight in either momentary or constant-on mode and the bottom button controls the safety light. Pressing the bottom button once turns on both sets of the BLUE/RED safety lights at full power. Pressing the button a second time, causes the BLUE/RED safety lights to alternately strobe between the two colors. Powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery.

Features:
*Flashlight with CREE® LED technology – 50,000 + hours LED life
*Floodlight/safety light with premium LED technology – 35,000 + hours LED life
*Has both a tight-beam long-throw flashlight and a wide-angle two colored flashing safety light array
*Lighting modes: momentary and constant-on flashlight, full-power safety light, alternating color flashing safety light & dual-light (both the flashlight & safety light array at the same time)
*Two button design top: flashlight, bottom: safety light
*Light weight and durable
*Sharp focused beam flashlight
*Wide-beam unfocused floodlight/safety light
*Engineered polymer housing
*Non-slip grip
*Oval shape with textured body and soft-touch finish feels great in your hand
*Water resistant
*Impact & chemical resistant