VELCRO Name Tape/Tag

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
benlane656
Rookie Member

VELCRO Name Tape/Tag

Postby benlane656 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:36 pm

Hello,

I am looking for a place in Canada (preferably ON) that sells classic black fabric w/ grey lettering name tapes with hook VELCRO on the rear. 2 1/2 - 4" in length would be ideal as they are for the front of vest. Found a few places online but the manufacturing time seems to be lengthly and shipping costs are crazy for a couple pieces of fabric! If anyone has any leads or suggestions that would be awesome.
Provincial Park Warden with Ontario Parks/MECP

Bairdo
Grand Poobah

Re: VELCRO Name Tape/Tag

Postby Bairdo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:36 pm

benlane656 wrote:Hello,

I am looking for a place in Canada (preferably ON) that sells classic black fabric w/ grey lettering name tapes with hook VELCRO on the rear. 2 1/2 - 4" in length would be ideal as they are for the front of vest. Found a few places online but the manufacturing time seems to be lengthly and shipping costs are crazy for a couple pieces of fabric! If anyone has any leads or suggestions that would be awesome.

www.Labelnet.ca has the standing order for the RCMP velcro name tags and are in Ontario. Check them out.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:27 pm

http://www.cpgear.com/store/nametapes_and_nametags.htm

CP Gear, last time I ordered name tapes from them they shipped within a week and I was charged a couple of bucks for shipping.
:wave:

crazy_flyer8

Postby crazy_flyer8 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:29 pm

I have to second CPGear.ca.

I have ordered twice from them and they both times were one week turn around and great custom service. Little hand written note by the person who did the custom embroidery, which was a nice touch.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." -John Wayne
KCCO

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:21 am

I'll third CP gear. Their nametapes are good quality, fast production, and reasonable shipping.

polarbear
King Poobah

Postby polarbear » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:47 am

On a similar topic..... Anyone order any of these from CP gear?

http://www.cpgear.com/store/nametapes_a ... ribbon.htm

I have been wearing my vest internally, and I find that my medal ribbon keeps popping off all of the time. Thinking of trying out the patches, but Inwant to be sure of the quality / colors for the red and blue of the MB medal before I spend 7.50 + shipping per patch x a bunch of work shirts....
POLICE OFFICER

benlane656
Rookie Member

Postby benlane656 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Will definitely be using CpGear. Will update with my personal feedback for future viewers.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:19 pm

polarbear wrote:On a similar topic..... Anyone order any of these from CP gear?

I have been wearing my vest internally, and I find that my medal ribbon keeps popping off all of the time. Thinking of trying out the patches, but Inwant to be sure of the quality / colors for the red and blue of the MB medal before I spend 7.50 + shipping per patch x a bunch of work shirts....

There is a member here who wears embroidered ribbons on his external, I assume they came from CP Gear, they looked good.
:wave:

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:49 am

A buddy of mine makes velcro medal ribbons. They are not embroidered and they look like the pin version. PM me if you like I can pass along contact info.

Tommy
Veteran Member

Postby Tommy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 pm

I have a couple sets of them. They turned out good. Though unfortunately they initially sent me the wrong set. I asked for a GCS with CD, and I got GSM with CD. They fixed it quick though. I was happy with it.

I've ordered name tapes through them for CBSA, and the CF, and they've always been good.
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member

Postby ShadowBrooks » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Tommy wrote:I have a couple sets of them. They turned out good. Though unfortunately they initially sent me the wrong set. I asked for a GCS with CD, and I got GSM with CD. They fixed it quick though. I was happy with it.

I've ordered name tapes through them for CBSA, and the CF, and they've always been good.

Ordered my CAF ones from them put the Eagle on the wrong side ... derp.. they shouldn't even make that an option. Gave one to my dad and use the others for other crap, but they looked good!
Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

benlane656
Rookie Member

Postby benlane656 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Received my order today. Absolutely thrilled with the quality and look of these! Recommend CPGear for sure! Thanks for all the replies everyone.

inspectorgadget
Rookie Member

Postby inspectorgadget » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:43 pm

I also received my order from cpgear. Timely excellent service
I wrote a book. It's called "We're all fucked". It's a bestseller.