Buying 511 Pants at reasonable price in Canada

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
uzapuca
Rookie Member

Buying 511 Pants at reasonable price in Canada

Postby uzapuca » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:25 am

Hi guys,

Any idea where i can get 511 Tactlite Pro Pants at reasonable price in Canada? They usually cost around $50 and even $ 30 when in sale in the US. I checked many online retailers in Canada and they are around $75 and more.

Any idea where to get them where is not that expensive?

Thanks!

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Re: Buying 511 Pants at reasonable price in Canada

Postby Ducatiram » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:51 pm

uzapuca wrote:Hi guys,

Any idea where i can get 511 Tactlite Pro Pants at reasonable price in Canada? They usually cost around $50 and even $ 30 when in sale in the US. I checked many online retailers in Canada and they are around $75 and more.

Thanks!

I've never bought Tactile, but I have purchased stryke and stryke tdu pair. I buy them on 911 supply. They usually have a 50%off sale 1-2 times a year.

warden602
Grand Poobah

Postby warden602 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:41 pm

Got to remember the exchange rate.... $50 US is pretty much $75 CDN.

uzapuca
Rookie Member

Postby uzapuca » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:14 pm

Ducatiram wrote:

Thanks!

I've never bought Tactile, but I have purchased stryke and stryke tdu pair. I buy them on 911 supply. They usually have a 50%off sale 1-2 times a year.

Thanks for the info!
Big fan of stryke pants too. I hope they will improve the cell phone pocket on that model.

Do you know when the usually have the sale?

uzapuca
Rookie Member

Postby uzapuca » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:15 pm

warden602 wrote:Got to remember the exchange rate.... $50 US is pretty much $75 CDN.

Thanks for the good info warden602.
Not in Canada right now but isn't $75 CDN more around $60 US?

Cheers,

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Postby Ducatiram » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:33 pm

uzapuca wrote:
Ducatiram wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the info!
Big fan of stryke pants too. I hope they will improve the cell phone pocket on that model.

Do you know when the usually have the sale?

Not a fan of that pocket personally. I use to put my knife there but the pants got holes in them from the window punch. I put my 6 plus in a lifeproof case in one of the mag pockets. Try's are my favorite by far.

There was one in the winter, I believe early 2016. Can't say when the next one will be.

uzapuca
Rookie Member

Postby uzapuca » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Thanks for the interesting info Ducatiram,

I checked 9.11 Supply but they don't have it in Battle Brown color with is a great every day color. Actually i work those pants to work not in the wilderness :D

By the way, i am looking for more stores now. Let see if i can get some near Ottawa where my friends lives. Do you have any info on DS Tactical or Urban Tactical online stores?

Thanks!

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:51 am

FundyTactical or Warriors and Wonders.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

uzapuca
Rookie Member

Postby uzapuca » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:01 pm

A.T.R. wrote:FundyTactical or Warriors and Wonders.

Thanks for the advice A.T.R. I am checking with them now.

Cheers,

John014
Seasoned Member

Postby John014 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:12 pm

I'm a fan of just having my issued pants tailored so they actually fit, then sending the bill to the Inspector for the tailoring job.

No way am I going to pay for work pants and then pay to have a stripe put on them as well.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:29 am

John014 wrote:I'm a fan of just having my issued pants tailored so they actually fit, then sending the bill to the Inspector for the tailoring job.

Do they pay you back?

Bairdo
Grand Poobah

Postby Bairdo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
John014 wrote:I'm a fan of just having my issued pants tailored so they actually fit, then sending the bill to the Inspector for the tailoring job.

Do they pay you back?

Yes, up to a certain % value of the piece of kit being altered. I believe it's 40%.

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Postby Ducatiram » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:44 am

No way am I going to pay for work pants and then pay to have a stripe put on them as well.

I get people not wanting to spend money on kit.. But I'm the type that if I wearing something 10+ hrs a day, I'm willing to spend money to be more comfortable. I spend half my life in these pants.

Ziggy Stardust
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:55 am

I've been considering buying a pair to try out for some time now as CBSA's two-year quest to reinvent the pant drags on. What style do you recommend for warm weather (I'm thinking Taclite Pro?) and how accurate is their sizing? Any issues with the belt loops accommodating our duty belt on any of their styles?
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Postby Ducatiram » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:07 am

Ziggy Stardust wrote:I've been considering buying a pair to try out for some time now as CBSA's two-year quest to reinvent the pant drags on. What style do you recommend for warm weather (I'm thinking Taclite Pro?) and how accurate is their sizing? Any issues with the belt loops accommodating our duty belt on any of their styles?

Stryke tdu. Size is true. No issues with belts.