Your opinion - By-law/MLEO Uniforms, PPE and Vehicles

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Sparksry
Rookie Member

Re: Your opinion - By-law/MLEO Uniforms, PPE and Vehicles

Postby Sparksry » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:19 pm

I work as an OSPCA Agent and for gear we are given a outer vest and intermediate weapons such as an ASP and OC Spray .

I feel as if its definitely needed especially with any LE agency that goes door to door to conduct investigations and we work alone . THere was a article recently posted about the lack of equipment we have but a lot of that comes down to the lack of government funding .

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Sparksry wrote:I work as an OSPCA Agent and for gear we are given a outer vest and intermediate weapons such as an ASP and OC Spray .

I feel as if its definitely needed especially with any LE agency that goes door to door to conduct investigations and we work alone . THere was a article recently posted about the lack of equipment we have but a lot of that comes down to the lack of government funding .

IMHO you guys should be armed. Great things you guys do!

MLEO1981
Rookie Member

Postby MLEO1981 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Zero2 wrote:Ontario needs to adopt the Alberta / NWT / Saskatchewan CPO/CSO program for it's MLEO services. Its a program that WORKS. Period. There's far too much total BS in Ontario....left hand literally has no idea what the right hand is doing and the MLEO business in Ontario is a mix n match of varying roles and appearances....in short a TOTAL CLUSTER FART....big time. Ontario needs to tighten up and start placing official mandates and roles into its MLEO programs.....even Security Guards have more uniformity and clarity.....it's frankly pathetic.

I couldn't agree with you more! It would be nice if the municipalities could sit down and discuss these things as a united front with the Province.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:58 pm

FedCO wrote:
Sparksry wrote:I work as an OSPCA Agent and for gear we are given a outer vest and intermediate weapons such as an ASP and OC Spray .

So they can handcuff people to cars easier?
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:24 am

IndictableChaser wrote:
FedCO wrote:

So they can handcuff people to cars easier?

Well, he DID say door-to-door.

Too soon?

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:23 am

Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."