CBSA uniform components test phase

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Re: CBSA uniform components test phase

Postby Borderwatchman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 pm

I like these much better. Knee pads were awkward at first but did provide support when I had to kneel. My only worry is they'll add extra heat in the summer. Overall, pretty good.

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Anyone else get the third pair? I'm liking the fit. Less bell bottomish than the last pair. But the noise they make while walking is a tad concerning.

Burick
Veteran Member

Postby Burick » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:03 am

Borderwatchman wrote:Anyone else get the third pair? I'm liking the fit. Less bell bottomish than the last pair. But the noise they make while walking is a tad concerning.

I have the third pair but I think they sent me the wrong size. Everything about it is too big and I didn't have the problem with the first two.

The fabric will soften up with a couple of washes. It is the same polyester/cotton blend, ripstop style as the 5.11's I have been wearing for a few years now.

I think if they take the general design of pair two, with the fabric from pair three, and add the partitioned inner cargo pockets that pairs one and three have, they will have a definite winner.

MichaelJCaboose

Postby MichaelJCaboose » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:12 am

They are coming along. I think we are likely to see a combination of the third with some features tied in. In all reality, what we see is likely to be the end game on the third. Keep the faith folks.
Wake up, gear up, work, go home, eat, sleep, repeat.

bcbarman
Rookie Member

Postby bcbarman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:26 am

Tried all three, first one was reddonculus with way too many things and a fit so snug that my outie became an innny. #2 hit the mark on size and better pockets, a good pair of pants for outside in the winter, #3 material will be great once is softens up, and a few minor tweaks will be a great pair of pants compared the junk I was issued at the college.
Canada, Eh? Allmost made it Meow.

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:53 am

I'm torn between 2 and 3. I like the knee pads on pair 2, but they do seem to be a tad bell-bottomish. Also, the belt loops are too big and I had a hard time fitting my keepers in all the right spots. Pair 3 to make the "swishing" sound while walking, but it dissipates as they get washed a few times. The material is sturdy and water resistant, and the look is good. I don't think the thigh zipper pocket serves any purpose, but oh well. If I had to pick one it would be 3.