CBSA uniform components test phase

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
melom
Seasoned Member

Re: CBSA uniform components test phase

Postby melom » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
Borderwatchman wrote:Let me clarify. That portion is on the inside, yes. However, there is an elastic portion on the outside, above the ass!

Both styles of 5.11 pants and the LAPG pants I wear have elastic waistbands on them. I find them much more comfortable than the standard fixed waistband as they expand/contract with your movement too.

You need to check out the pics on wiki.

The top 4" of the rear of the pants, measured down from the belt line, is exposed black elastic. It's only black for the trial because of sourcing issues, but still.

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:52 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
Borderwatchman wrote:When are those bloody pants supposed to come?

http://www.lapolicegear.com/basic-opera ... astic.html

Seems the only way we'll ever get new, decent, uniform components.

I tried on these LA pants but they don't fit me like my 5.11s sad because I was really hoping to get $20 pants...

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Some people in my office got their pair. Mine has yet to come! I sent a snotogram to the uniform people.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 am

Got my test pair. They are nowhere even remotely close to fitting. So tight in the thigh and crotch it is impossible for me to even walk in them, let alone conduct my duties and test them. Very disappointing that despite being provided with exact measurements the agency still couldn't get a properly sized pant. I guess it's 5.11 for life.

melom
Seasoned Member

Postby melom » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:32 pm

One or two of us have made it in, everyone else gets errors. I'm guessing that it's too many users at once.

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Punisher-One wrote:Got my test pair. They are nowhere even remotely close to fitting. So tight in the thigh and crotch it is impossible for me to even walk in them, let alone conduct my duties and test them. Very disappointing that despite being provided with exact measurements the agency still couldn't get a properly sized pant. I guess it's 5.11 for life.

Mine were tight around the hips, too. It came with a return sticker. I gave it back to my clerk and logged in and changed my size. Hopefully I get a new pair, soon. Overall they look good. But I'm afraid that in the summer we'd sweat too much as the material is a tad thick.

danoman
Veteran Member

Postby danoman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:35 pm

I lasted all of two hours wearing them before I switched back into a pair of 5.11s. Without going into graphic detail, I think if I wore them any longer my daughter would end up being an only child. I really hope the next pairs are much better than this one.
For everything you need to know in life, watch the Lion King and read the Da Vinci Code.

Burick
Veteran Member

Postby Burick » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:42 pm

Mine are a bit tight around the hips but after a week they are better than when I first put them on. The elastic at the back I actually find quite comfortable and I think would help on the hot days. The colour of the elastic (and of the pant in general) needs to be a darker navy though.

I find the cargo pockets a bit too tight, but not so tight that I can't get my notebook w/ holder inside the pocket.

The only real knock I have against the first pair is that there are no kneepad slots. I always wear kneepads in my 5.11's and this is a feature I see as essential at my work location.

Haven't managed to get on to the new USS yet!

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:17 am

Burick wrote:Haven't managed to get on to the new USS yet!

Yeah me either it doesn't work yet. But don't worry I am sure everyone involved will get an award for their under-performance since they work in Ottawa the fact that anything got done at all is cause for celebration there.

Burick
Veteran Member

Postby Burick » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Has anyone received the survey link for the first pair yet?

Burick
Veteran Member

Postby Burick » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:32 am

I received the second pair. Not too tight around the hips like pair one, the color matches the uniform shirts better, and it has kneepads. I find the cargo pockets are still too tight at the opening though. Also, the inner pockets of the cargo pockets are not partitioned like the first pair and like 5.11's. I find the partitioned inner pockets much more useful.

melom
Seasoned Member

Postby melom » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:48 am

I have knee pads but they are oriented more like shin pads.

Burick
Veteran Member

Postby Burick » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:21 pm

Fixed the problem of the cargo pockets being too tight. At the top rear of the cargos there is a single stitch holding the opening closed tight. Snip that and the pockets are easy to work with.