CBSA uniform components test phase

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
melom
Seasoned Member

Re: CBSA uniform components test phase

Postby melom » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:08 am

Punisher-One wrote:
NinjaNikki wrote:Some of us have so much drama ordering uniforms that the thought of going through that keeps us from ordering every year. I ordered new uniforms last year after not ordering uniforms in over 3 years and I swear the whole process,headache and grief was slightly worse than childbirth. I honestly felt like my name tag should have been changed to read Twist.

Must be nice eh? Comes in at 0930 leaves at 0330, gets paid for the full day, denies as many uniform requests as possible.

Our previous uniform clerk was simply deleting the requests as he couldn't be bothered. He was waiting on a civilian job with the RCMP, and once it was clear he was getting it he simply quit doing his job. Not that he was exactly good at it before, but... :banghead:

Buman
Rookie Member

Postby Buman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:22 am

melom wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:
NinjaNikki wrote:Some of us have so much drama ordering uniforms that the thought of going through that keeps us from ordering every year. I ordered new uniforms last year after not ordering uniforms in over 3 years and I swear the whole process,headache and grief was slightly worse than childbirth. I honestly felt like my name tag should have been changed to read Twist.

Must be nice eh? Comes in at 0930 leaves at 0330, gets paid for the full day, denies as many uniform requests as possible.

Our previous uniform clerk was simply deleting the requests as he couldn't be bothered. He was waiting on a civilian job with the RCMP, and once it was clear he was getting it he simply quit doing his job. Not that he was exactly good at it before, but... :banghead:

He was just preparing for a long and fruitful career with the countries most efficient and forward thinking law enforcement agency.
Poobah Status: Confirmed
I'm a wizard and that looks f****ed up.

DeathHawk
Rookie Member

Postby DeathHawk » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Punisher-One wrote:

Takes 1.5 hrs for lunch to go to Goodlife... .. .

Side note, the wiki seemed to bring up a ton of good topics, but I have a feeling when someone's acting assignment in Uniforms at HQ expires and they move to a different program this will all go to the side lines.

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:26 pm

When are those bloody pants supposed to come?

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:00 am

Borderwatchman wrote:When are those bloody pants supposed to come?

http://www.lapolicegear.com/basic-opera ... astic.html

Seems the only way we'll ever get new, decent, uniform components.

melom
Seasoned Member

Postby melom » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:41 pm

Has anyone gotten anything yet?

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Nothing!!!!!

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:36 pm

So now our pants are coming a month later and yet the e-mail I got tells me that I should be proud that these HQ idiots can't meet a deadline! WTF?!?!?

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:56 pm

So who is excited about wearing maternity pants for a month?!?!? WTF is that elastic bullshit?!?!?

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Just FYI, I wore similar tac pants for a work position. The elastic portion helps your uniform shirt stay tucked (especially when wearing a vest).
It also adds comfort for the wearer as the elastic is about 4" height and assists with weight of cargo pants and tac belt by displacing it over a greater area.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:33 am

Let me clarify. That portion is on the inside, yes. However, there is an elastic portion on the outside, above the ass!

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:46 am

Borderwatchman wrote:Let me clarify. That portion is on the inside, yes. However, there is an elastic portion on the outside, above the ass!

Both styles of 5.11 pants and the LAPG pants I wear have elastic waistbands on them. I find them much more comfortable than the standard fixed waistband as they expand/contract with your movement too.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:30 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
Borderwatchman wrote:When are those bloody pants supposed to come?

http://www.lapolicegear.com/basic-opera ... astic.html

Seems the only way we'll ever get new, decent, uniform components.

Thanks to you... I got myself a pair of these, also a similar version in >>> Lightweight <<< ... They are both pretty awesome! The lightweight ones have odd back pockets, they are deep and the openings are on an angle, so instead of your wallet positioned against your butt (for those that put your wallet back there), it rides slightly lower and is EXTREMELY comfortable if you sit on your butt all day... I actually had one woman at Tim Horton's just south of Gravenhurst inquire about my pants, she wanted to get some for her Husband (she swears she wasn't checking out my butt, LOL).
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:... I actually had one woman at Tim Horton's just south of Gravenhurst inquire about my pants, she wanted to get some for her Husband (she swears she wasn't checking out my butt, LOL).

She didn't ask about your TImbits, offer to roll up your rim for you? No? Probably just liked the pants.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:25 pm

LOL :oops:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)