CBSA uniform components test phase

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

CBSA uniform components test phase

Postby Borderwatchman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Anyone else here one of the guinea pigs? Apparently we get the pants in August.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: CBSA uniform components test phase

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:59 pm

edited.
Last edited by Punisher-One on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danoman
Veteran Member

Postby danoman » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm in too. I know there are a couple other BSOs lurking around on here that are in as well.
For everything you need to know in life, watch the Lion King and read the Da Vinci Code.

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:57 pm

How did you all luck out? Interested in seeing the new stuff being tested out and hearing reviews.

melom
Seasoned Member

Postby melom » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:35 am

I'm in on the pants. From what I can tell being active on the wiki got a lot of people in.

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:06 am

An e-mail went out asking for volunteers and I signed up. I really have no issue with the shirts. The pants, however, do need some work. That and having two different shades of blue on were really frustrating me.

mc7719
Veteran Member

Postby mc7719 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:25 am

Are you guys moving to Logistik Corp for uniforms? I believe they do the CF uniform supply.
CSC went over to them about 4/5 years ago and its going well.
CSC

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:28 pm

mc7719 wrote:Are you guys moving to Logistik Corp for uniforms? I believe they do the CF uniform supply.

Yes we are and I'm glad to hear that it is going well for you guys. Hopefully us too!

Buman
Rookie Member

Postby Buman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:03 pm

I looked at the companies website. Having a private company handle all the uniform stuff makes a ton of sense and probably brings numerous inefficiencies, lower cost and a better experience for the employees. I hope it works out and other federal law enforcement agencies can do something similar.
Poobah Status: Confirmed
I'm a wizard and that looks f****ed up.

melom
Seasoned Member

Postby melom » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Buman wrote:I looked at the companies website. Having a private company handle all the uniform stuff makes a ton of sense and probably brings numerous inefficiencies, lower cost and a better experience for the employees. I hope it works out and other federal law enforcement agencies can do something similar.

It is certainly a step in the right direction. Too often one region might have no pants available while another has a stockroom full of them. One port issues 5.11 pants, another will send you home for wearing them.

JRod69
Rookie Member

Postby JRod69 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:17 am

mc7719 wrote:Are you guys moving to Logistik Corp for uniforms? I believe they do the CF uniform supply.

With the horrible quality material that they are making the uniforms out of now? Very shitty pants and even worse shirts. I hate everything about the new design/issue uniforms. The only benefit that I have seen in the new uniforms, is that they don't seem to fade as bad. BUT, as long as it is cheap, it's going to be good enough for us, I guess.

mc7719
Veteran Member

Postby mc7719 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:27 am

JRod69 wrote:

With the horrible quality material that they are making the uniforms out of now? Very shitty pants and even worse shirts. I hate everything about the new design/issue uniforms. The only benefit that I have seen in the new uniforms, is that they don't seem to fade as bad. BUT, as long as it is cheap, it's going to be good enough for us, I guess.

I was more referring to the ease, i.e., when you order something you get it it promptly. If it doesnt fit, you mail it back with the included paperwork at thier expense, etc. All very easy, and easy to order from the website. SPECIFICALLY my only dislikes are that the shirt material is 'different' (can't quite put my finger on it) as well, doesnt hold creases, BUT I find the shirts and pants dont fade (as you mentioned) which was brutal on the old uniforms. I have had zero issue with the pants or the material, but by your detailed description of "shitty" I'm unsure what you refer to. Are they of 5.11 quality? No. Are they decent? Yes. Are they better than BEFORE? Yes. Do we have to buy them? NO! haha

My other pet peeve is people dont order new uniforms as often as they should, instead wear them out until thier frayed, then blame the quality of the uniform. Um, well they arent designed to last forever, and we get hundreds of points so just order a new one BEFORE you get to the frayed, ripped, torn, rolled-out-bed-under-an-overpass look! It doesnt cost them anything lol rant over ;) :alright:
CSC

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:56 pm

mc7719 wrote:
JRod69 wrote:

I was more referring to the ease, i.e., when you order something you get it it promptly. If it doesnt fit, you mail it back with the included paperwork at thier expense, etc. All very easy, and easy to order from the website. SPECIFICALLY my only dislikes are that the shirt material is 'different' (can't quite put my finger on it) as well, doesnt hold creases, BUT I find the shirts and pants dont fade (as you mentioned) which was brutal on the old uniforms. I have had zero issue with the pants or the material, but by your detailed description of "shitty" I'm unsure what you refer to. Are they of 5.11 quality? No. Are they decent? Yes. Are they better than BEFORE? Yes. Do we have to buy them? NO! haha

My other pet peeve is people dont order new uniforms as often as they should, instead wear them out until thier frayed, then blame the quality of the uniform. Um, well they arent designed to last forever, and we get hundreds of points so just order a new one BEFORE you get to the frayed, ripped, torn, rolled-out-bed-under-an-overpass look! It doesnt cost them anything lol rant over ;) :alright:

Some of us have so much drama ordering uniforms that the thought of going through that keeps us from ordering every year. I ordered new uniforms last year after not ordering uniforms in over 3 years and I swear the whole process,headache and grief was slightly worse than childbirth. I honestly felt like my name tag should have been changed to read Twist.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:46 am

NinjaNikki wrote:Some of us have so much drama ordering uniforms that the thought of going through that keeps us from ordering every year. I ordered new uniforms last year after not ordering uniforms in over 3 years and I swear the whole process,headache and grief was slightly worse than childbirth. I honestly felt like my name tag should have been changed to read Twist.

Must be nice eh? Comes in at 0930 leaves at 0330, gets paid for the full day, denies as many uniform requests as possible.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:37 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
NinjaNikki wrote:Some of us have so much drama ordering uniforms that the thought of going through that keeps us from ordering every year. I ordered new uniforms last year after not ordering uniforms in over 3 years and I swear the whole process,headache and grief was slightly worse than childbirth. I honestly felt like my name tag should have been changed to read Twist.

Must be nice eh? Comes in at 0930 leaves at 0330, gets paid for the full day, denies as many uniform requests as possible.

Management material!! Image
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."