5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: 5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:33 am

IndictableChaser wrote:Aren't shipping and customs fees a bitch though?

I've got an address in the States I ship to. So the duty/tax is just the 13% depending on if the Officer sends me in to pay or not and shipping WAS free but now is $2.99.

Nesdolian

Postby Nesdolian » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:44 am

The Taclites are amazing. Find I'm wearing them more and more on the daily. I've ordered them from Amazon.com and just jumped the border to pick them up from a mailbox. No duty, ever actually, and only $3 for the box. I think they were about $40-50 each.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:49 pm

I love the TacLites. Even with the exchange they are $10 cheaper in the US.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:57 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:I love the TacLites. Even with the exchange they are $10 cheaper in the US.

But you clearly just want to look like tactical elite special forces, just like you crazy kids and your 'MOLLE' requests.

So tactically elite with no Duty Firearm because management is scared to death of us carrying all of our issued tools. God forbid! GOD FORBID!

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:27 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
IrishCanadian wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:I love the TacLites. Even with the exchange they are $10 cheaper in the US.

But you clearly just want to look like tactical elite special forces, just like you crazy kids and your 'MOLLE' requests.

So tactically elite with no Duty Firearm because management is scared to death of us carrying all of our issued tools. God forbid! GOD FORBID!

Unless your a smuggler and dump your firearm in the shitter.....
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

ODIN
Veteran Member

Postby ODIN » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Im issued TDU in my unit but the females get stryke, they seem to like like them. Ive only ever worn TAC LITE and TDU.
CTP-22

Lights
Seasoned Member

Postby Lights » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Are these the same as the BDU's or?
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:36 am

Lights wrote:Are these the same as the BDU's or?

The 5.11 TDU pant is like a modern BDU. I love them. Wear them every shift.

BravoCharlie24
Rookie Member

Postby BravoCharlie24 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:31 am

The 5.11 Stryke pants are amazing and worth the $80-$90. Very flexible and I like how the 2 cargo pockets sit higher than on the Tac-lite pro's.
Both are great pants but if your looking for a more low-profile casual look then the Stryke pants are great. The waist has the elastic type band like the Blackhawk pants which is comfy (incase of bloating).
The only slight, and I mean slight downfall is if you wear your cuffs more towards the belt buckle the 2 "cell-phone"/ knife pockets are blocked.

A good Canadian supplier for 5.11 is Urban Tactical

graymalkin
Rookie Member

Postby graymalkin » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:28 am

Amazon.ca has them available for $55 and shipping is free...CDN funds.

mdc
Rookie Member

Postby mdc » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:04 am

I have to agree that the 5.11 pants are quite a nice fit, and they are more durable than what we get as standard issue.

I know that when I started wearing the taclite pants a number of years ago I thought, geez, I hope that these ones will turn purple in a matter of weeks to match the rest of my issued stuff. :roll: Unfortunately, I have yet to get them to fade, but hey, I can keep trying.

Really the only complaint that I have with them is that the cargo pockets are smaller then what is on our issued pants. I suppose that it's a minor gripe considering the overall product.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 pm

mdc wrote:I have to agree that the 5.11 pants are quite a nice fit, and they are more durable than what we get as standard issue.

I know that when I started wearing the taclite pants a number of years ago I thought, geez, I hope that these ones will turn purple in a matter of weeks to match the rest of my issued stuff. :roll: Unfortunately, I have yet to get them to fade, but hey, I can keep trying.

Really the only complaint that I have with them is that the cargo pockets are smaller then what is on our issued pants. I suppose that it's a minor gripe considering the overall product.

Nah, alot of people never get to that stage. They dump their uniforms in a bin before they fade joking

But still, as another poster stated. It would be very difficult to make me spend my own money for uniform and gear....
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

mdc
Rookie Member

Postby mdc » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:23 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:
mdc wrote:I have to agree that the 5.11 pants are quite a nice fit, and they are more durable than what we get as standard issue.

Nah, alot of people never get to that stage. They dump their uniforms in a bin before they fade joking

But still, as another poster stated. It would be very difficult to make me spend my own money for uniform and gear....

Guess I should try and make nice with the uniform person in BC who issued local requests for anyone who wanted 5.11's.