5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Von
Rookie Member

5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants

Postby Von » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Anyone have any experience with the 5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants? How they compare to other 5.11 pants? Likes? Dislikes? Etc?

I've been browsing through all their different lines of pants and my impression is that I would probably like the Strykes the most. Any input would be appreciated.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

warden602
Grand Poobah

Re: 5.11 Tactical Stryke Pants

Postby warden602 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Super comfy. Good for active use (hiking etc.) because of the stretch. Cell phone pockets are a bit lame... otherwise, they're great.

Harbinger30
Rookie Member

Postby Harbinger30 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:33 pm

You can't really go wrong with 5.11 pants.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:34 am

They fit like skinny jeans on any male Officer I've seen wearing them. I stick to the TDUs or the Taclites for that reason.

Pickles
Rookie Member

Postby Pickles » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:20 pm

I actually joined this forum just now to ask this exact question, and am happy to see someone else has brought it up.

Any females want to weigh in? I am 'pear shaped' and find the regular 5.11 TDU ripstop pants too narrow in the legs, too low rise and not enough flexibility. I like to be able to move around without my shirt coming untucked constantly. I see that this new style has some stretch but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $90 to have them sent here to find out whether it'll work for me.

I just bought a pair of Taclites which look more like straight leg pants and I'm hoping that works better.

danoman
Veteran Member

Postby danoman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:28 pm

The only downside to the Stryke pants is that the cargo pockets are smaller than the other styles. I have a couple pairs that I wear for work and a couple others for travel etc. My overall preference is the TDU style but I can't say there's anything wrong with the style.
For everything you need to know in life, watch the Lion King and read the Da Vinci Code.

BlueGate
Rookie Member

Postby BlueGate » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:02 pm

I have them and in comparison to other 'tactical' pants I've had such as Propper's, I find them to be much more comfortable. The little slit pockets in the front are handy for me as my Bat Belt and holster cover up access to my strongside pocket.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Im thinking of getting a few in blue and putting a stripe on them.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Tommy
Veteran Member

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:19 pm

They don't look like they would fit like Skinny jeans.... :/ I'm thinking of getting a pair to complement the TDU's I just got for work.

My only complaint with the TDU's is that they are not as warm as my issued pants, but that's going to be a huge bonus in the summer.

Does anyone know if the 5.11 flannel lined pants come in Navy blue? I haven't been able to see otherwise.
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

BaconSyrup
Rookie Member

Postby BaconSyrup » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Punisher-One wrote:They fit like skinny jeans on any male Officer I've seen wearing them. I stick to the TDUs or the Taclites for that reason.

That's why I bought 'em...they make my ass look great.

They aren't that skinny. 511 advertises them as a 'slimmer fit' compared with their other pants. If you aren't 5'8" and 300 pounds they'll fit great and don't look like you're wearing a pair of balloon pants that MC Hammer would have worn in 1993, like most issued pants. The waistband has two stretch points in them - 511 only makes them in even-number waist sizes, so you're fine ordering 1" smaller or larger than normal and the waist will still fit...or if you like your XLDD from Tims with a boston creme every morning. The front pockets are great for keys, not big enough for a phone. Your holster might interfere with the right hand pocket. The two cargo pockets have two divided pockets in each, in addition to the main pocket - works great for a cellphone, a bit too small for a carbine mag though. Bring an old pair of pants to a tailor, pay $30 bucks and they'll take the stripe off and put it on the 511's. They're the same colour as the issued pants, but the leg seams, rear pocket flaps and the front thigh pockets near the beltline will give them away as 'non issued' if you work in an area where forage hats are necessary...

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:04 pm

I may try a pair on if I can find a place that carries them.

Do they have the ties at the bottom of the cuff?

BaconSyrup
Rookie Member

Postby BaconSyrup » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Punisher-One wrote:I may try a pair on if I can find a place that carries them.

Do they have the ties at the bottom of the cuff?

Nope, just a normal cuff.

Amazon.ca has them now with free shipping if you've got Prime, free returns if you get the wrong size. Cheaper than anywhere too.

Alternatively, Derks Uniform in Edmonton carries a nice pair of pants for the same price with the stripe already on them, they look identical to the issued cargos but a slightly heavier material and slimmer fitting as well. I went to the actual store to try them on, they didn't have my size so I tried to order them which was a bit of a clusterfuck. They said they'd call me and ship them out when they got them back in stock. This was back in December. I've since called three times, each time they say they're 'getting them in tomorrow/this week/next Tuesday' and that they'll call me when they've sent them out. Typical of so many Canadian retailers - this is why I buy everything from Amazon or otherwise proven Canadian retailers.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:43 am

I normally buy my 5.11s from an online US retailer that sells Police Gear from LA. They have always been great with me and returns have been excellent when I've had to ship something back. If you buy enough 5.11 stuff from them you get free stuff like a hat, mugs, etc.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Punisher-One wrote:I normally buy my 5.11s from an online US retailer that sells Police Gear from LA. They have always been great with me and returns have been excellent when I've had to ship something back. If you buy enough 5.11 stuff from them you get free stuff like a hat, mugs, etc.

Aren't shipping and customs fees a bitch though?
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

echo1
Grand Poobah

Postby echo1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:53 am

IndictableChaser wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:I normally buy my 5.11s from an online US retailer that sells Police Gear from LA. They have always been great with me and returns have been excellent when I've had to ship something back. If you buy enough 5.11 stuff from them you get free stuff like a hat, mugs, etc.

Aren't shipping and customs fees a bitch though?

Never mind the dollar hanging at $0.80.