RCMP Uniform

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Re: RCMP Uniform

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:26 am

No problem :thumbsup:

Just being my usual patch-guy self 8)
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Valiante
Rookie Member

Postby Valiante » Tue May 23, 2017 3:50 am

Is warm clothing (jackets, gloves and hats) provided to Officers in cold climates?

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue May 23, 2017 9:06 am

Valiante wrote:Is warm clothing (jackets, gloves and hats) provided to Officers in cold climates?

Yes
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

chmor
Rookie Member

Postby chmor » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 pm

I have a question. Do general duty officers wear undress ribbons under their vests during shift? I know on their Serge they wear full medals. I am just wonder as I have seen senior officers wear then on their white shirts but have never seen a GD officer without a vest.

Thank you.

chmor
Rookie Member

Postby chmor » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:59 pm

VanSmack wrote:
chmor wrote:I have a question. Do general duty officers wear undress ribbons under their vests during shift? I know on their Serge they wear full medals. I am just wonder as I have seen senior officers wear then on their white shirts but have never seen a GD officer without a vest.

Thank you.

If they have earned appropriate citations they can wear the undress ribbons on their body armour in the appropriate location. Most people who have earned them (mostly guys with previous military service, as the majority of members don't get police-specific citations until later in their service) that want to wear them quickly decide that it isn't worth the hassle/wear and tear. It's another thing to get other stuff snagged on, ripped off, damaged, dirty, etc, and then has to be removed when you want to wash the carrier. By and large the majority of the people who will wear them and then continue wearing them are people who aren't in jobs that are overly physical or require any significant amount of arrests of unruly clients, etc.

They are not worn under the vest, for a number of reasons, the main two being that a) there would be no point of wearing medals that no one could actually see, and b) Body armour is designed to be worn as flat to the body as possible, with a minimum of things between the panels and the wearer.

Thanks VanSmack. I was curious because if I make it through the next time after my deferal, I would be coming over from the CAF with 2 and wanted to know if it was a requirement. I definitely wouldnt want to ruin them. Thanks again.