RCMP Uniform

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP Uniform

Postby Ducatiram » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:27 am

I personally like the yellow stripe. It separates the RCMP from rest of the Canadian police forces. And all agencies (that I have seen) wear a stripe. Eps, Cps, and all other municipalities wear red, RNC, sheriffs wear blue for provincial, and is yellow for federal. I do get the tactile aspect of it though.

And I think everyone agrees we should all have blue shirts.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Ducatiram wrote:I personally like the yellow stripe. It separates the RCMP from rest of the Canadian police forces. And all agencies (that I have seen) wear a stripe. Eps, Cps, and all other municipalities wear red, RNC, sheriffs wear blue for provincial, and is yellow for federal. I do get the tactile aspect of it though.

And I think everyone agrees we should all have blue shirts.

Don't forget reflective silver for MLEO's, security, and white (or tan) stripe for other peace/special/transit officers.
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

GooseT404
Rookie Member

Postby GooseT404 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:33 pm

I personally think the yellow stripe looks sharp. It definitely makes the Mounties stand out from everyone else. I think it would be cool to see them go to a darker coloured shirt though.

Jon.
Sage Member

Postby Jon. » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:12 am

Harbinger30 wrote: also wear suspenders, which are great and should be issued to everyone.

I wear the blackhawk ones with the 2 point attachments so I can actually bend with them. Love them.

Braddock54 wrote:If anything should be not allowed it should be: more than one pen strapped to webbing (even one I think is tacky), anything other than mags going in a carbine mag pouch - I've seen digital recorders, gloves....ugh just dreadful stuff really.

I keep 2 pens on mine. :|
The mag pouch perfectly fits an F div radio for what it's worth. It's what we all use for our radio holder.

Buman
Rookie Member

Postby Buman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:23 am

You should stick as many shotgun shells as possible in the molle webbing... Almost makes the pens look professional in comparison.
Poobah Status: Confirmed
I'm a wizard and that looks f****ed up.

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Postby Ducatiram » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Anyone else get new body armour?

I just ordered new panels and they are now black psp panels. Seem thinner and quite a bit better.

Also our detachment just got new protec hba plates and new carriers. The carriers look much better. Police is stiched into them, and instead of Velcro they use clips. They also have padding on the shoulders. Look like a big improvement.

Buman
Rookie Member

Postby Buman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:34 am

I've seen some members get the new panels for about a year now. I assume it depends on the size and remaining stockpiles of the old stuff. Good to hear about the HBA carrier.
Poobah Status: Confirmed
I'm a wizard and that looks f****ed up.

maltv
Rookie Member

Postby maltv » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Rumour has it that the new Safariland ALS holsters will start being issued to troops this fiscal year at Depot. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Whi_Tan
Rookie Member

Postby Whi_Tan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:08 pm

maltv wrote:Rumour has it that the new Safariland ALS holsters will start being issued to troops this fiscal year at Depot. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Everyone should be getting them this year, beginning April 1st. Go to AFQ, do the new course of fire, receive a new holster, learn the new lessons and do a little dynamic shooting. Makes for a great morning.

maltv
Rookie Member

Postby maltv » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:59 pm

That's nice to hear, I head to Depot soon and I've heard horror stories regarding the current issue leather holster. One less little pain to deal with haha. Thanks for your response!

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Whi_Tan wrote:
maltv wrote:Rumour has it that the new Safariland ALS holsters will start being issued to troops this fiscal year at Depot. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Everyone should be getting them this year, beginning April 1st. Go to AFQ, do the new course of fire, receive a new holster, learn the new lessons and do a little dynamic shooting. Makes for a great morning.

Good news for us noobs :)
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Postby Ducatiram » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:59 pm

I've heard rumours where depot will continue the issue of the old holsters, and old course of fire for one more year. Just because they don't want to endure the cost of issuing new holsters. Can't confirm nor deny if this is true.

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Postby Ducatiram » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:00 pm

maltv wrote:That's nice to hear, I head to Depot soon and I've heard horror stories regarding the current issue leather holster. One less little pain to deal with haha. Thanks for your response!

The only real pain is the break in on the old holsters. The ALS holsters don't have a break in period which would be nice. The leather holsters were so tight it'd take two people to get your pistol out the first few dozen draws.

Bairdo
Grand Poobah

Postby Bairdo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:04 pm

Ducatiram wrote:I've heard rumours where depot will continue the issue of the old holsters, and old course of fire for one more year. Just because they don't want to endure the cost of issuing new holsters. Can't confirm nor deny if this is true.

I doubt it, the holsters cost about $100 each - which is not even a drop in the bucket of what is spent in a 6 month period training each new Cadet.