RCMP Uniform

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Whi_Tan
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP Uniform

Postby Whi_Tan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:54 am

Ducatiram wrote:I've heard rumours where depot will continue the issue of the old holsters, and old course of fire for one more year. Just because they don't want to endure the cost of issuing new holsters. Can't confirm nor deny if this is true.

The old course of fire is still going to be taught, as the entire firearms program is built upon teaching that. It will take years to revamp the curriculum. As well, the 225 / 250 scores will still be badged out at Depot, and the 225 for specific unit admission will still be enforced for some time to come. The new CoF will be introduced near the end of training.

Flemminr
Rookie Member

Postby Flemminr » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:31 pm

I've seen a handful of members in my area over the last year or so using Safariland ALS holsters. I assumed that the RCMP had already made the change to replace the leather holsters with the Safariland ALS holsters as standard issue for the force but I guess I not. Anyway, glad to see the new piece of kit introduced.
Cst
D Division

Jon.
Sage Member

Postby Jon. » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:57 am

Ducatiram wrote:The only real pain is the break in on the old holsters. The ALS holsters don't have a break in period which would be nice. The leather holsters were so tight it'd take two people to get your pistol out the first few dozen draws.

Take a ziploc freezer bag, put your gun/red gun in it, and holster up. Leave it in there, draw and reholster, lather rinse repeat.

Iceking007
Rookie Member

Postby Iceking007 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:08 am

I also like their current uniforms estheticly, they stand out appropriately. Eventually in time things always change. I would be inclined to think a darker shirt would be hotter in summer, some members probably prefer the lighter colour for that reason. But I've always enjoyed the contrast between their shirts, vests and jackets.

Everyone has good opinions and I'm not arguing with those, but one thing did occur to me while reading, the RCMP/GRC are not a military, they are a police agency. From my view they are primarily there to be in the public eye to serve and protect, not to camouflage themselves in bushes. Perhaps the ERT members need tactical style clothing but I think the regular members (for usual duty) should keep the current uniform.

Or bring back the reds!! So classic I love it.Image
Currently a civilian - EPS hopeful
Application - complete
ACT - 11/6/16 passed
APCAT - 11/6/16 passed
A-PREP - training
BDI - TBD
PDI - TBD
PI/E - TBD
PE&ME - TBD
Background - TBD

~Even the helpful need help~

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Any input on whether molle vest carriers are allowed for RCMP constables?
Carrying the radio, baton, and spare cuffs on the vest would be far more ergonomic than everything weighted around the belt.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Jessew
Rookie Member

Postby Jessew » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:41 pm

Rcmp are issued Molle vests as they are being trained on carbine out of depot. Policy states only the carbine pouches are to be attached to the vest. I think you'll find many members with many other things on their best
K-Div RM

Iceking007
Rookie Member

Postby Iceking007 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:35 pm

That's crazy the RCMP are packing C8's. Is that standard kit for all now? Or just special situations? Did this replace the shotgun or are they carrying three weapon forms? :pistols: :sniper:
Application - complete
ACT - 11/6/16 passed
APCAT - 11/6/16 passed
A-PREP - training
BDI - TBD
PDI - TBD
PI/E - TBD
PE&ME - TBD
Background - TBD

Flemminr
Rookie Member

Postby Flemminr » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Iceking007 wrote:That's crazy the RCMP are packing C8's. Is that standard kit for all now? Or just special situations? Did this replace the shotgun or are they carrying three weapon forms? :pistols: :sniper:

Carbine training is now done with all new members while at Depot. From what a member told me, they're trying to make it so that every member on shift is trained and has immediate access to a carbine, but of course it is still a work in progress. No idea if they still have the shotgun.
Cst
D Division

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:55 am

Iceking007 wrote:That's crazy the RCMP are packing C8's.

And why do you consider this "crazy"? What extraordinary knowledge do you possess that qualifies you to negatively judge what the RCMP should be issued before you even become a police officer?

But this is best asked of your recruiters. Be sure to ask them what you will be issued, and if they tell you that they equip their officers with patrol carbines, be sure to tell them that you think this is "crazy" because of something you probably read on Facebook. Recruiters need some laughs too.

Before you start prejudging what officers are issued, perhaps you should imagine in your mind how dangerous and frustrating it must have been to be involved in a 100-yard gunfight with a 7-yard weapon.

Jessew
Rookie Member

Postby Jessew » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:58 am

C8 qualified members will be running with c8, shotgun and pistol.
At least I do. Some i know don't bother putting the shotgun in and just run with the c8. Our shotguns are left in the cars though so I just leave it in there too.
K-Div RM

Iceking007
Rookie Member

Postby Iceking007 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Sorry Dave I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't trying to say they shouldn't be issued C8's. What I find crazy is that it has been decided all members require them for daily duties, it's unfortunate how the world is changing sometimes. Of course I understand officers have to deal with all sorts of extremely volatile situations, but it was my understanding ERT would deal with most all of those. Perhaps due to spreading thin and current events (foreign and domestic) the RCMP/GRC have decided to try and bridge the gap between reg forces and ERT.

I'm all for training and the proper equipment, it was just news to me; I haven't seen any police officers marching down the street with automatics, nor have I noticed additional magazines strapped to their vests.

-sorry I had my post finished (it was better then this the first time but the server lost it) I see you've edited your post in the meantime so I'm struggling to get cohesion forgive me-

I understand the EPS is issued all sorts of weapons and tools, but it's my understanding only tactical has C8's. All members have tazers so perhaps that's a trade off to the C8's. Law enforcement differs quite substantially from metropolitan to rural conditions.

I also understand some areas are too remote not to have an ERT so the members are the whole force in one per se.

Sorry I didn't get your F book reference (I'm not a subscriber), nor do I understand or pretend to understand football, my sports are Hockey and Baseball primarily.

I'm not an anti weapon activist at all, especially for law enforcement and military personnel. My opinions are just as I see them from a civilian perspective, I wasn't trying to pretend to be an expert or judge the situation, I'm all for the right tool for the right job but try to understand my position, everything is so secret, even on here it's all locked or edited out; so how am I to know what goes on?

I'm just here to help, learn, and participate (as well as support), think of my views as feedback, not judgement and not policy.

I'm sorry if I offended; if I'm not welcomed here I will move on, just tell me, but I'd like to stay if I may.
Application - complete
ACT - 11/6/16 passed
APCAT - 11/6/16 passed
A-PREP - training
BDI - TBD
PDI - TBD
PI/E - TBD
PE&ME - TBD
Background - TBD

Iceking007
Rookie Member

Postby Iceking007 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:25 pm

When/if I am someday able to call myself a law enforcement officer (police officer) I would be more then happy to be issued a C8, I think they are an exceptional well rounded piece of kit.

But to be honest; I'm somewhat terrified of even walking around in public with a loaded hand gun. It is an awesome responsibility, and not one to be taken lightly. Without any of that training I'd be almost inclined to not even carry or ever draw. Something I never would have said or even thought as a kid.
Application - complete
ACT - 11/6/16 passed
APCAT - 11/6/16 passed
A-PREP - training
BDI - TBD
PDI - TBD
PI/E - TBD
PE&ME - TBD
Background - TBD

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:41 pm

I think events, such as the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando and Moncton shooting, are proof beyond any doubt why frontline police need C8's or their counterparts.

Wearing a firearm is a huge responsibility, as now you are essentially always going to a gun call because your bringing it.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:43 pm

devilwoman wrote:I think events, such as the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando and Moncton shooting, are proof beyond any doubt why frontline police need C8's or their counterparts.

Wearing a firearm is a huge responsibility, as now you are essentially always going to a gun call because your bringing it.

^this

Well said.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Iceking007
Rookie Member

Postby Iceking007 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:04 pm

devilwoman wrote:I think events, such as the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando and Moncton shooting, are proof beyond any doubt why frontline police need C8's or their counterparts.

Holy cow....... that is truly devastating; it really puts things into perspective!
(My thoughts and prayers to those affected and our future as a whole)

devilwoman wrote:Wearing a firearm is a huge responsibility, as now you are essentially always going to a gun call because your bringing it.

Yes, I'm sure complacency settles in after time - it becomes a normal piece of your kit - but that jump and that responsibility is a serious consideration of mine quite often.

-scary but necessary (although unfortunate)-
Application - complete
ACT - 11/6/16 passed
APCAT - 11/6/16 passed
A-PREP - training
BDI - TBD
PDI - TBD
PI/E - TBD
PE&ME - TBD
Background - TBD