CBSA Vests

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Walmart Greeter
Rookie Member

CBSA Vests

Postby Walmart Greeter » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:56 pm

I see that the CBSA uniform working group is finalizing a new design for our vests. Does anyone on here know any details about the new design? (I'm not talking about the new reflective tape that's visible from space...) Please shoot me a PM if you know anything.
Do I look like a cat to ya boy? Am I bouncing around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree?!

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: CBSA Vests

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Really?
Maybe lower cost with inferior materials and made in Mongolia?

I can't see them issuing anything good.

Ziggy Stardust
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:52 pm

The Department of Fashion must be moving on to other things. I'm hoping that they might have hired some some pirates. That would really be cool. Arrrrgh!

The boots will be awesome! And I can't wait to walk around sporting a brace of flintlocks and a blunderbuss.

"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

bigbadjoe108
Sage Member

Postby bigbadjoe108 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Ziggy Stardust wrote:The Department of Fashion must be moving on to other things. I'm hoping that they might have hired some some pirates. That would really be cool. Arrrrgh!

The boots will be awesome! And I can't wait to walk around sporting a brace of flintlocks and a blunderbuss.

My buddy who knows a guy who's friend was on the trial for the boots. Resounding success as as far as he is concerned!! :mrgreen:
VVV

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:49 pm

I heard the load bearing vest trials were a resounding success. As a plus due to the fantastic new design we no longer need the yellow patches on our vests!

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Walmart Greeter wrote:I see that the CBSA uniform working group is finalizing a new design for our vests. Does anyone on here know any details about the new design? (I'm not talking about the new reflective tape that's visible from space...) Please shoot me a PM if you know anything.

A little birdie told me the new vests are even more garbage than before (something along the lines of him being issued better armor as a security guard :o) and by the time the new design rolls out for line staff, maybe firearms will be a non issue by then (or rescind the 3 hour rule :roll: ). But then again, YYZ is it's own little country when it comes to CBSA.
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

portcullisguy
Grand Poobah

Postby portcullisguy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:10 am

What's a vest? Mine expired and I've been waiting over a month for a new one.
portcullisguy
"You work your side of the street, I'll work mine."

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:11 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:I thought it was supposed to be developed jointly with the RCMP.. same vest for both agencies.

LOL! Imagine CBSA giving us the pals/molle carriers like the new RCMP ones. Lucky Luc would shit a brick at how much more scarier we looked. PALS/MOLLE isn't client service oriented guys.

echo1
Grand Poobah

Postby echo1 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
IrishCanadian wrote:I thought it was supposed to be developed jointly with the RCMP.. same vest for both agencies.

LOL! Imagine CBSA giving us the pals/molle carriers like the new RCMP ones. Lucky Luc would shit a brick at how much more scarier we looked. PALS/MOLLE isn't client service oriented guys.

I don't know, our external only policy has always confused me. A lot more aggressive looking than internal vests. Adding molle would be a big help with medical issues for a lot of people I think.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:41 am

I never understood how a safety vest could look "aggressive". It's covered in velcro... not barb-wire.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:00 pm

mack_silent wrote:I never understood how a safety vest could look "aggressive". It's covered in velcro... not barb-wire.

My favorite is when people come up to you and ask how dangerous is the area that you have to wear a "flak jacket" :roll: Because you wearing a lifesaver endangers them.....
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

MichaelJCaboose

Postby MichaelJCaboose » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 am

In all reality, the new vests or carriers are entirely likely to be brutal. My understanding is that there will be a mesh on the inside.
It'd be nice to see something that is PALS/MOLLE functional to remove extraneous tools from our belts and add those extra things we need for other duty
Wake up, gear up, work, go home, eat, sleep, repeat.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:26 am

MichaelJCaboose wrote:I
It'd be nice to see something that is PALS/MOLLE functional to remove extraneous tools from our belts and add those extra things we need for other duty

All I need is a stamp and calculator!

CobbleCreek
Rookie Member

Postby CobbleCreek » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:12 pm

I hope that they fit a bit better. And to get a second carrier. Love getting covered in dirt and everything else while searching and need to plan when to wash my one and only carrier
OIDP 3 BSO Southern Alberta