Open Cuff cases and Handcuff care

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
DonutMan
Rookie Member

Re: Open Cuff cases and Handcuff care

Postby DonutMan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Mr. Islander wrote:
DonutMan wrote:Armed security exists outside of cash in transit. There are many private sites being protected by armed security including government, police, military, museums etc. VIPs or events (e.g. artwork) can also be protected by armed security.

Thanks for the lesson, champ.

You still haven't told us what your job is.

Because it has no relevance to the discussion at hand, Mr. Reservist. I know exactly what you're doing too and it won't work with me.

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:19 pm

DonutMan wrote:
Mr. Islander wrote:
DonutMan wrote:Armed security exists outside of cash in transit. There are many private sites being protected by armed security including government, police, military, museums etc. VIPs or events (e.g. artwork) can also be protected by armed security.

Thanks for the lesson, champ.

You still haven't told us what your job is.

Because it has no relevance to the discussion at hand, Mr. Reservist. I know exactly what you're doing too and it won't work with me.

No relevance? It does actually. We were discussing use of force where you claimed you had "first hand experience", and I asked (so did others) what work you did to have said experience. You declined to answer, leading me to believe you have NO first hand experience.

Nope, not in the reserves, nor have I been for quite some time. Although, I'm sure my 'toon time did help me get hired onto a police force... which seems to be what you are trying to do.

I appreciate you searching through my posts, though. Good effort. If you'd like to continue this discussion, come to the private side. With all of your first hand experience and knowledge of everything there is of law enforcement, I'm surprised you're not there already.

DonutMan
Rookie Member

Postby DonutMan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:43 pm

Search your posts? Someone messaged me that. Someone doesn't like you ;)

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Mr. Islander wrote:We were discussing use of force where you claimed you had "first hand experience", and I asked (so did others) what work you did to have said experience. You declined to answer, leading me to believe you have NO first hand experience.

Unless something has changed in the past year, here's his one and only post from 2015 (Feb 2015)...

DonutMan wrote:I've done mall security, bar security and such forth and I'm not getting hands on with anyone. I'm not paid enough nor equipped enough to do so. If I'm armed with a minimum of a baton and handcuffs then I'll subdue you but if I'm not, I couldn't care less what you're doing, I'll merely wave you goodbye and wait for the police after recording your description and/or license plate.

And before you ask, yes, Security Guards are more than welcome at the Blue Line Expo! :wave:

:popcorn:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:42 pm

Read the previous page, Wayne...

DonutMan
Rookie Member

Postby DonutMan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Respond Wayne wrote: something has changed in the past year, here's his one and only post from 2015 (Feb 2015)...

Nothing in that reply suggests that I was talking from a current prospective and not a past prospective based upon historical experiences.

I haven't signed up to the expo, should I?

John014
Seasoned Member

Postby John014 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:41 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:
John014 wrote:
Not to be a dick, but what other UOF tools do you have? Aren't you a security guard?

I didn't write that, and I should have 2 other UOF tools.

Sorry shitty cut/paste job on my part.

That was directed at donutman.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Mr. Islander wrote:Read the previous page, Wayne...

Thanks, now my head hurts... On a related note, I do recall when I started working for Intelligarde (for the brief time I did), they were just getting out of the armed service.

DonutMan wrote:
Respond Wayne wrote: something has changed in the past year, here's his one and only post from 2015 (Feb 2015)...

Nothing in that reply suggests that I was talking from a current prospective and not a past prospective based upon historical experiences.

Yes you should, it's free to check out the Trade Show portion.
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:20 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:
Mr. Islander wrote:Read the previous page, Wayne...

Thanks, now my head hurts... On a related note, I do recall when I started working for Intelligarde (for the brief time I did), they were just getting out of the armed service.

DonutMan wrote:

Intelligarde worked armed? What kind of sites/jobs did they have? Just curious.
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

DonutMan
Rookie Member

Postby DonutMan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:13 pm

John014 wrote:
IndictableChaser wrote:
John014 wrote:
Not to be a dick, but what other UOF tools do you have? Aren't you a security guard?

I didn't write that, and I should have 2 other UOF tools.

Sorry shitty cut/paste job on my part.

That was directed at donutman.

everything but the cew.

although i have cew, carbine and shotgun certification, do not regularly carry or use these tools currently

Respond Wayne wrote:

I'm aware of that. An invite came across my desk recently. The conference doesn't overly interest me due to the cost involved but the trade show sounds cool.

Along as I can wear my sheepdog patch. :((

John014
Seasoned Member

Postby John014 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:35 pm

So Donutman you are saying you're a member?
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:29 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:Intelligarde worked armed? What kind of sites/jobs did they have? Just curious.

I'm not totally sure, it could have been some sort of money transfer duties... I just remember seeing a pistol locked up in the equipment room... Also, waaay back when I worked for SIS ADT Security in Mississauga, our Manager had worked for Intelligarde at one point and told us a story about calling TPS for assistance at a site, TPS arriving and seeing him with an empty holster and wondering WTF happened to his weapon... It was locked in the trunk of his vehicle since the site he was on didn't call for a weapon.

On the topic of money transfer, even further back when I worked for Burns International Security (yes, the "Detect, Deter and Report" company), I was an on road Supervisor and did money pick ups for various Centennial Colleges in Toronto and go deposit them in the night drop box... I was never armed.
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

DonutMan
Rookie Member

Postby DonutMan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:I'm not totally sure, it could have been some sort of money transfer duties... I just remember seeing a pistol locked up in the equipment room... Also, waaay back when I worked for SIS ADT Security in Mississauga, our Manager had worked for Intelligarde at one point and told us a story about calling TPS for assistance at a site, TPS arriving and seeing him with an empty holster and wondering WTF happened to his weapon... It was locked in the trunk of his vehicle since the site he was on didn't call for a weapon.

Who wears a holster around without a weapon in it? :lol:

Jacky Boy

Postby Jacky Boy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:49 am

DonutMan wrote:
Respond Wayne wrote:I'm not totally sure, it could have been some sort of money transfer duties... I just remember seeing a pistol locked up in the equipment room... Also, waaay back when I worked for SIS ADT Security in Mississauga, our Manager had worked for Intelligarde at one point and told us a story about calling TPS for assistance at a site, TPS arriving and seeing him with an empty holster and wondering WTF happened to his weapon... It was locked in the trunk of his vehicle since the site he was on didn't call for a weapon.

Who wears a holster around without a weapon in it? :lol:

I saw a security guard at a strip mall who had candy in it :banghead:
There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do what they are told, and those who can do nothing else.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:19 am

DonutMan wrote:although i have cew, carbine and shotgun certification, do not regularly carry or use these tools currently

What do you do for work?