R.Nicholls status

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Re: R.Nicholls status

Postby Respond Wayne » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:25 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:No more pants for the Mississauga location? Got mine from them and loved it. Better than the issued crap. OTOH it has worn out little over a year.

The cargo pants I got from them are so soft and comfortable!

The only problem I found, your fly would wear out over time and fall down on its own... :oops: But they would happily fix it under warranty! :thumbsup:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:
IndictableChaser wrote:No more pants for the Mississauga location? Got mine from them and loved it. Better than the issued crap. OTOH it has worn out little over a year.

The cargo pants I got from them are so soft and comfortable!

The only problem I found, your fly would wear out over time and fall down on its own... :oops: But they would happily fix it under warranty! :thumbsup:

Sure, but before it gets fixed it could be a tripping hazard. :dropjaw:

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:43 pm

SierraSeven wrote:From what I recall the Ottawa location also closed up shop?

Ya they closed around march I believe - I was told by an employee that their stock would still be available online though
CX-1 @ Millhaven

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:08 am

Wayner.

Road trip to United Uniform???
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 pm

A.T.R. wrote:Wayner.

You know what? I was in Rochester a few weeks ago I went into the Airport a different way than I usually do... As I came off the ramp I saw this massive building... United Uniforms has a bigger (and I assume better) right there by the Airport.
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:39 pm

A.T.R. wrote:Wayner.

A USCBP guy recommended them the last time I crossed to pickup stuff at my address in the US. If they have a decent show room (filled with 5.11 stuff) it would be worth the drive.

Mark Reesor
Site Admin

Postby Mark Reesor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Sep 25 2014
Longeault Quebec based R. Nicholls Distributors Inc. filed for bankruptcy September 5, 2014.

Founded in 1980 by Bob Nicholls in partnership with Montreal entrepreneur Harry Freed, Nicholls became Canada's leading supplier of public safety, security and law enforcement equipment and uniforms.

From modest beginnings in Montreal, R. Nicholls grew to become the major supplier of law enforcement equipment and clothing to all areas of Canada and also sold overseas. At its height, the company had national distributorship for more than 50 EMS oriented companies and represented over 10,000 products.

Nicholls was a major manufacturer and distributor of its own line of body armour and garments and grew to become one of the largest Canadian shirt manufacturers. The company was also known for its designer uniform clothing concepts and for introducing specially designed uniforms for females.

Nicholls initially began as a sales and distribution centre, sending its catalogue to all law enforcement and EMS stations in Canada. It once had a sales staff of more than 40 people who were either regional reps or experts in certain ranges of equipment such as firearms or forensic equipment.

Over the years relationships with a variety of individuals and corporations helped the company develop an overseas market which included Europe and the Middle and Far East. It opened a greatly expanded warehouse facility in Longeault Quebec in the mid 1990's. Due to a highly competitive marketplace and changes in both promotional style and delivery mechanisms, the company's operations began declining over the past 10 years.

Toronto-based Priveq III announced in December 2007 that it had R. Nicholls in a management buy-in.

R. Nicholls filed for bankruptcy protection Sept. 5 in Quebec through its trustee, the Richter Advisory Group.

(Blue Line Magazine)

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:55 am

Meh. Overpriced on basically everything in the store and extremely poor customer service. I'm not going to miss it.

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:43 am

Horrible customer service

mc7719
Veteran Member

Postby mc7719 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Yes we recieved notifiction of this a couple weeks back from our National HQ, stating that all of our orders are "up in the air" and most likely will not be filled. I had $3500 worth of inert 37mm training rounds and inert grenades coming too ! grrr
CSC

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:11 pm

I was at the Mississauga store today to take advantage of the 50% off all clothing sale, picked up a few pairs of super comfortable cargo pants. I understand that the business has now been sold, the new owners take over tomorrow (October 1). Apparently the staff is remaining the same, the Mississauga store will remain, and they will continue to sell everything that they sold before (including clothing). I'm not certain if they will continue with their "Traditions 4" brand or carry other brands.
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:I was at the Mississauga store today to take advantage of the 50% off all clothing sale, picked up a few pairs of super comfortable cargo pants. I understand that the business has now been sold, the new owners take over tomorrow (October 1). Apparently the staff is remaining the same, the Mississauga store will remain, and they will continue to sell everything that they sold before (including clothing). I'm not certain if they will continue with their "Traditions 4" brand or carry other brands.

Good to hear they still have stock. Im gonna pop on by friday and grab some duty pants also. Cust service may suck ass but their pants are waaaay more soft and comfy than my issued shit. Plus I got them cheap before they were going under (and finding striped pants a PITA)
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:29 pm

Is it staying as an R Nicholls or is it changing names too?
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Yeah, their own brand of ERT pants are so soft and comfy, so are their older style of cargo pant, you don't even need to "break them in". The 2 pairs of "Genuine Gear" cargo pants also felt super soft, you might seem a theme here! ;)

Soft pants with pockets, that's the theme. :D

I'm not sure if they will be doing a name change, only time will tell. I might drop back in tomorrow and see what's going on. It's not as if I work that far from them. 8)
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Okay, her's the scoop.

The name change should be up this coming week (see the image below).

There will also be some renovations going on, the space where the clarence section was will become the Air Canada Uniform Showroom.

Also, the young lady who's always so helpful has seen this thread, she was quite surprised about some of the comments made.

VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<