CSA Boots for LE

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
GreenSherrif
Rookie Member

CSA Boots for LE

Postby GreenSherrif » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Any recommendation for CSA Grade 2 boots for LE. They have a composite toe. Does anyone know of restrictions for LE using such for GP duties. I've heard some agencies do not allow for their use.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Re: CSA Boots for LE

Postby Tango5 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:48 pm

I am not a Reg Member but we as RCMP Aux aren't allowed hard toe boots for duty.

I can only imagine the shit hitting the fan if you happen to kick someone wearing this type of boot.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:45 am

GreenSherrif wrote:Any recommendation for CSA Grade 2 boots for LE. They have a composite toe. Does anyone know of restrictions for LE using such for GP duties. I've heard some agencies do not allow for their use.

What does your Agency's footwear policy say? Until you know that, pretty tough for us to say.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

zClassified
Rookie Member

Postby zClassified » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:56 pm

GreenSherrif wrote:Any recommendation for CSA Grade 2 boots for LE. They have a composite toe. Does anyone know of restrictions for LE using such for GP duties. I've heard some agencies do not allow for their use.

I think csc are in of few law enforcement agencies that allow this. With that said I use the magnum swats.
CX 1

Ziggy Stardust
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:35 am

Really?

CBSA has allowed composite toes for a long time. A wonderful invention!
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:30 am

Tango5 wrote:I am not a Reg Member but we as RCMP Aux aren't allowed hard toe boots for duty.

I can only imagine the shit hitting the fan if you happen to kick someone wearing this type of boot.

Type of footwear should not be the deciding factor in determining whether the appropriate amount of force was used by a member......but that's just my common sense speaking.

What if hydraulic needling is a factor to not deploy oc (cross contamination) what if there is insufficient distance, time etc to deploy a baton even in a closed mode strike. Blah blah blah
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

mc7719
Veteran Member

Postby mc7719 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:43 am

Correct, CSC's policy is you MUST have steel/composite toe and shank. Can be any brand though, so longs its polishable. We get $ every two years to buy our own boots.
CSC

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:56 am

IndictableChaser wrote:
Tango5 wrote:I am not a Reg Member but we as RCMP Aux aren't allowed hard toe boots for duty.

Type of footwear should not be the deciding factor in determining whether the appropriate amount of force was used by a member......but that's just my common sense speaking.

What if hydraulic needling is a factor to not deploy oc (cross contamination) what if there is insufficient distance, time etc to deploy a baton even in a closed mode strike. Blah blah blah

Have you not been following on these forums what kind of goofiness RCMP Regular Members, let alone one of our A/Csts, go through on EVERYTHING, let alone kit and clothing specifically?

I also see no follow-up to my reply to the OP advising him to check his Agency's policy in order that he follow same, as opposed to merely asking those of us of The Twisted View.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

Ziggy Stardust
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:18 am

I see that the OP hasn't been back since July 22nd. Perhaps he was jumping the gun and didn't get the job? Hope he didn't spend too much on non-compliant footwear.
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

albertanhb
Rookie Member

Postby albertanhb » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:37 pm

I was wondering if there where any current reviews of any good CSA approved boots that are good quality weather proof LE duty boots. I have worn Danners and Meindls. Are there any other companies making a High quality leather,water proof boot??

Thanks

Safety Guy

Postby Safety Guy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:45 pm

albertanhb wrote:I was wondering if there where any current reviews of any good CSA approved boots that are good quality weather proof LE duty boots. I have worn Danners and Meindls. Are there any other companies making a High quality leather,water proof boot??

Thanks

I've been wearing the 5.11 A.T.A.C Shield boot for the last 4-5 years and I've recommended the boot to many.
I've been wearing CSA boots for work (both in LE and before) for the last 15 years or so. My feet have worn manny boots and the 5.11 are probably the most comfortable I've worn. In fact , they are the only brand of boots I've purchased 3 times in a row.
Please remember that the man makes the uniform and not the other way around.

SPARTAN
Veteran Member

Postby SPARTAN » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Safety Guy wrote:
albertanhb wrote:I was wondering if there where any current reviews of any good CSA approved boots that are good quality weather proof LE duty boots. I have worn Danners and Meindls. Are there any other companies making a High quality leather,water proof boot??

Thanks

I've been wearing the 5.11 A.T.A.C Shield boot for the last 4-5 years and I've recommended the boot to many.
I've been wearing CSA boots for work (both in LE and before) for the last 15 years or so. My feet have worn manny boots and the 5.11 are probably the most comfortable I've worn. In fact , they are the only brand of boots I've purchased 3 times in a row.

I had the complete opposite experience with them. While they fit my wide feet well, and are pretty light- the laces constantly came loose. They would become dangerously slippery with any frost or cold temperature. I also found that they wore out pretty quickly (less than a year). The soft leather needs constant attention on the toe cap as it will scuff and scratch pretty deep without a lot of effort.
"Being in the army is like being a mushroom - kept in the dark, fed **** and keep coming back for more. " BMQ MCpl

seekerbeta
Rookie Member

Postby seekerbeta » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:54 am

I wear a set of RedWing (Carhart) black work boot. it suits all the CBSA requirements including not having a SideZip. comfortable. but I agree they are narrow and pinch my toes. only 8 months in, but they still hold a shine and look brand new. time will tell if they last the full 2 years or not.
CBSA OITP Graduate 7C - July 21 2016

albertanhb
Rookie Member

Postby albertanhb » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:19 am

Hi folks
Thanks for the feed back. I think I'm going to try the Redwing 2416's, they are a gortex lined boot with the speed laces. I tried on some Terra's as well but they were to narrow. They would be a nice boot for someone with a narrower foot though. it's to bad Lowa didn't add a CSA boot, they make good stuff as well.

seekerbeta
Rookie Member

Postby seekerbeta » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:25 am

albertanhb wrote:Hi folks
Thanks for the feed back. I think I'm going to try the Redwing 2416's, they are a gortex lined boot with the speed laces. I tried on some Terra's as well but they were to narrow. They would be a nice boot for someone with a narrower foot though. it's to bad Lowa didn't add a CSA boot, they make good stuff as well.

that's the exact boot I have. the toe polishes up and it has good quality leather.
CBSA OITP Graduate 7C - July 21 2016