New Flashlights thread

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: New F-Lights?!

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:30 am

I handled the Streamlight Stinger LED DS(Dual Switch) the other day and really liked it. It's much larger than it's comparable output surefire counterparts but it has more beam options (high/low/strobe). Also with it's larger size in a pinch it could be used as an impact weapon in a quick situation.

Lights
Seasoned Member

Postby Lights » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 pm

I just got the Hell Fighter X8 with the five window breaking tips. Holy crap. That's all I can say,
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

AnthonyK

Postby AnthonyK » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Lights wrote:I just got the Hell Fighter X8 with the five window breaking tips. Holy crap. That's all I can say,

Looks like a GREAT light. Is the window breaking tips an add-on feature? Or do all the X8's come with the tips?
Good search shows some with and some without the tips. Thanks

Lights
Seasoned Member

Postby Lights » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:50 pm

if you go on their site you can see the x8 with many options, you can choose what you want I guess.
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 am

Punisher-One wrote:I handled the Streamlight Stinger LED DS(Dual Switch) the other day and really liked it. It's much larger than it's comparable output surefire counterparts but it has more beam options (high/low/strobe). Also with it's larger size in a pinch it could be used as an impact weapon in a quick situation.

Yup 300 lumens. I love it and works great to light up the whole cell during midnight shift. Also like you said, in a pinch can be used as an impact weapon!

Schwarz
Rookie Member

Postby Schwarz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:23 pm

I looked through this thread and saw that there is a good amount of people into the Fenix Tk-22.

I am on the fence about getting either the TK-22 or the Surefire P2ZX?

I see the TK-22 has more lumens and modes, as well as a modest price. Although I am hesitant to get the Fenix light because I previously owned a TK-12 and it magically stopped working after 6 months.

Anyways which would be the light to go with? Just need some feedback.
Thanks.
Career Presentation: May 2013
RPAB: May 23/ 2013 - passed
Selection Package sent: August 14/2013
PARE: August 22/2013 - 3:46

9ersix
Rookie Member

Postby 9ersix » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Schwarz wrote:I looked through this thread and saw that there is a good amount of people into the Fenix Tk-22.

I am on the fence about getting either the TK-22 or the Surefire P2ZX?

I see the TK-22 has more lumens and modes, as well as a modest price. Although I am hesitant to get the Fenix light because I previously owned a TK-12 and it magically stopped working after 6 months.

Anyways which would be the light to go with? Just need some feedback.
Thanks.

Mission dictates the gear. What do you want it for?

If just for day to day use, I would go for the TK series. If you need a reliable, blind someone in a pinch light, go for the SF Fury.

Day to day I carry a TK-15 off duty. I like to be able to dial the light level for the situation.

At work I carry both (and others). TK for admin when I have time to reach for it, or do searches. The Fury is in an easy to reach spot when I need lots of light NOW.

D-Fry
Rookie Member

Postby D-Fry » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:41 am

Got the KX4D LED Conversion Head with Crenellated Strike Bezel in the US, it is awesome.
Suum Cuique

Technobabbler
Rookie Member

Postby Technobabbler » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:41 am

Just received my Fenix TK22, the thing is amazing. I have a question about batteries though. What's my best bang for the buck when it comes to rechargeables? I obviously want a reliable brand for both the charger and batteries. I know they are not created equal. I have a 12 pack of CR123A's that I will keep in my duty bag for back up.

From the owner's manual.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:13 pm

I've got a bunch of rechargeable 18650's and I have zero complaints. Can't recall the brand but I've got the red wrapped cells and the name involves or sounds like fire.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

D-Fry
Rookie Member

Postby D-Fry » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:23 pm

SierraSeven wrote:I've got a bunch of rechargeable 18650's and I have zero complaints. Can't recall the brand but I've got the red wrapped cells and the name involves or sounds like fire.

The mystery brand, heard some faint whispers about that brand out on the street :D
Suum Cuique

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 am

:aye:

China and Hong Kong are awesome.
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

scubachickie
Rookie Member

Postby scubachickie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Just picked up a Fenix PD35. IT IS AWESOME! 850 lumens, 5 brightness settings + strobe. Best part is, that my Surefire rechargeable batteries work in it! :D
"There are people that put their lives in harms way every day. It's not something they DO, it's something they ARE".

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:58 pm

The PD35 does look like a pretty sweet light... and a little, okay, alot brighter than my current TK21!

Looks like and excellent review was done >>> HERE <<<<
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)