Danner Acadia - opinions

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Danner Acadia - opinions

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Looking for a good pair of safety toe boots....unfortunately not happy with my 5.11s.

Tried on the Danner Acadia (non-safety) and they felt alright on my feet. Wondering if anyone has any long-term experience with these boots and can offer any reviews or opinions?

Thanks!

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: Danner Acadia - opinions

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Thanks for the review Van!

Looks like these may be a purchase for me. I'll be getting $250 for boots and I've sent Danner an email regarding an LE discount. I'll report back what they say regarding that.

echo1
Grand Poobah

Postby echo1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:36 am

Punisher-One wrote:Thanks for the review Van!

Looks like these may be a purchase for me. I'll be getting $250 for boots and I've sent Danner an email regarding an LE discount. I'll report back what they say regarding that.

Are you getting these for work?

Angerman
Rookie Member

Postby Angerman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 am

I've got a pair of Danner Acadias that I bought in '00, wore daily at work then shipped back to Danner to get resoled and refurbished in '04 (Cost about $100 with shipping, and they did a fantastic job) - bought a second pair around the same time and split wear time between them from then on.

Still have both pairs today (although the leather on that first pair is giving up the ghost in the usual wear points).

ksigmark
Rookie Member

Postby ksigmark » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:39 am

I've worn two pair of Acadia's for going on 3 years now. They've held up fairly well, actually very very well. Also fairly comfortable. They are a little hot but that's too be expected from a pair of gortex boots. Ankle support is very good, break in period is relatively short, they're slightly heavier then a pair of Swats or 5.11s but make up for it in durability for sure.
RIP Cpl Mike Starker 6 May 2008

bigbadjoe108
Sage Member

Postby bigbadjoe108 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:26 pm

I have two pairs, an insulated set from 00 and an uninsulated set from 03. Still wear them both, although less often now that I get to fly a desk, but they are awesome.

Untold miles on them, super comfy and I just started wearing in a new set of Stryker's to replace the more worn uninsulated ones which, after a bloody decade with a 100$ ship and resole included, are finally starting to wear at the regular wear points.

Great set of boots, but like someone else pointed out, get the made in the US ones for sure!

Hope that helps.
VVV

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:26 pm

echo1 wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:Thanks for the review Van!

Are you getting these for work?

Looking to buddy.
My current issue are no good for my feet and my personally purchased 5.11s are giving up pretty soon (4yrs of wear).

I appreciate everyones input on this. Looks like there are lots of happy customers.

mark y
Rookie Member

Postby mark y » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 pm

I've had the hunting version of the Acadia for about 13 or 14 years now probably. Mine have 200g thinsulate in them, I think. I don't wear them all the time, but I love them every time I wear them - standing in water for hours, wading through streams, out in the snow, literally stuck in mud, etc. I've never had my feet get wet in them and have never had a blister while wearing them. When hunting, we average about 10-15km/day in the woods with them, and they've been awesome. They probably have another 10 years left in them. Best $250 I've ever spent.

I agree with the comment above about making sure you get the US-made ones. I've heard from a number of people that the China-made ones fall apart in a year.

Redfields Apprentice
Seasoned Member

Postby Redfields Apprentice » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 pm

Anybody have these in 400gr thinsulate? My issued boots are 200gr and i dont find them very warm if i have to be out of the PC for any kind of time in the winter.
Meathead1 wrote:Now go pay your ticket you fucking bag of dicks
A.T.R. wrote: I'll be blunt.

You're a fucking retard.

Please feel free to take a sample from the bowl of dicks on the way out.

warden602
Grand Poobah

Postby warden602 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 pm

I hiked the Chilkoot Trail in mine. They're bomber. They're my daily uniform boot unless its below -25.

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

I love my Danners. I'm on my second pair in 6.5 years, and the first ones are still good, just need to be resoled.
My opinions are my own and do not reflect my agency.

mostlyharmless

Postby mostlyharmless » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 pm

I had a pair of uninsulated Acadias until last year when I traded up to Haix GSG9. While I liked the stability of the Danner, the boot was on the heavy side. I patrol in urban, rural and mountainous environments daily; the Haix did a better job, stability and all. As a side benefit they don't print on the box, the boots are dead quiet. I'll wear Haix until I leave operational duty.
"You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."