hanwag boots

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
DSizzy

Re: hanwag boots

Postby DSizzy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

VanSmack wrote:
DSizzy wrote:
VanSmack wrote:I got mine from a place in Edmonton. I think it was called Track and Trail.

Does anyone know if they still have a LE discount?

Call and ask.

Thanks. Was hard to do when I was shopping online at 1am.
I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls. -Gecko45

Waterman
Rookie Member

Postby Waterman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Friend of mine bought a pair from T & T back in May, said he was LE and they gave him a discount

DSizzy

Postby DSizzy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Waterman wrote:Friend of mine bought a pair from T & T back in May, said he was LE and they gave him a discount

For the ones of you that wonders-

Track and Trail ships to other provinces for about $15(probably more for the territories) and yes, they still do the discount. Very good service and friendly staff.
I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls. -Gecko45

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 pm

They will custom fit your boots as well. I needed to have the boots (punched) widened, they did it for free. Great to deal with!

d.english
Rookie Member

Postby d.english » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 am

so to any who have a pair of the alaskas, how do you feel they fit? i am a climber and backpacker so i am very familiar with European sizing and all of the boots i have are 42 or uk 8. The perplexing part with the wegs is the voluminous toe area they feel to big .... any advice from current owners? i compared my insoles from boot to boot (asolo full plastic, tech ice boot and my current zamberlands) all very close in size so i believe i have the right size just looking for some reassurance i guess.

side note the folks at track and trail are great to deal with even offered to send me a half size smaller if i paid for freight so i could compare.

thanks

D

Malibu
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Malibu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:14 am

I don't know if they are a similar build, but my miendles (sp?) are horrible for driving and regular GD work. I got them 4 or 5 years ago for a section. They are for sure broken in from all the off road use, but once I was back on GD I hated them. I have some original swat boots (tactical model I think) which are far nicer for foot chases, driving and walking. Maybe it's me, but a stiff boot is a real pain when not off road. Best boot I ever had for everything was some original swat tactical boot (SP2000 maybe) that I got 5 years ago. It was light weight, dried fast and was flexible. I used it for running, bush stuff, urban stuff and never had a problem. I don't know how many times it spent an hour or more submersed in water and it never had an issue. They lasted 5 years of pretty hard use as my go to boot. I was pissed when original swat stopped making them.
***POLICE CONSTABLE***

Malibu
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Malibu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Do the recons feel overly heavy and are they good to drive in?
***POLICE CONSTABLE***

UofAPO
Rookie Member

Postby UofAPO » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:58 pm

I have the Danner Acadia, which looks similar to the Recon (although the Recon appears to be all leather) and I can vouch for it as an awesome boot. My last pair lasted 4 years, impressive considering I was walking through a pair of Swat boots every six months. Like anything the break in period is a little awkward, but they are a solid boot and will take a lot of abuse.

K-B

Postby K-B » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:13 am

VanSmack wrote:Same type of boot, they actually are really similar in appearance too. I also found the Han-Wags were pretty terrible for driving, standing around, or walking on pavement. Danner Recons are probably my favorite all-season GD boot if you're working anywhere other than the middle of nowhere with a lot of off-track activities.

The han-wags are hands down my favourite so far but you are exactly right about driving in them. They are quite large boots and I usually got told it looked like I was wearing ski boots from members who had not seen them before.

Chris_53

Postby Chris_53 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:37 pm

K-B wrote:
VanSmack wrote:Same type of boot, they actually are really similar in appearance too. I also found the Han-Wags were pretty terrible for driving, standing around, or walking on pavement. Danner Recons are probably my favorite all-season GD boot if you're working anywhere other than the middle of nowhere with a lot of off-track activities.

The han-wags are hands down my favourite so far but you are exactly right about driving in them. They are quite large boots and I usually got told it looked like I was wearing ski boots from members who had not seen them before.

The boots are awesome, I've recommended them to anyone who will listen. I used to go through a pair of garbage 5.11's or Original Swats every 6 months. I've had my Hanwags for just over a year now without issue and work with guys who've had them for years and they still look and function very well.