hanwag boots

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
d.english
Rookie Member

hanwag boots

Postby d.english » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:44 am

any one know of a Canadian distributor for Hanwag?

Bomani
Seasoned Member

Re: hanwag boots

Postby Bomani » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:02 pm

There's a few work authority stores in Edmonton that carry Hanwags,and every other kind of boot you might want

Braddock54
Rookie Member

Postby Braddock54 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:14 am

Just ordered a pair of Special Forces from T&T. A lot of guys I know wear them...can't wait to get out of my Blackhawks

AnthonyK

Postby AnthonyK » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:01 am

VanSmack wrote:I got mine from a place in Edmonton. I think it was called Track and Trail.

Yup, that's the place we all pick them up in Edmonton. Always had great customer service from them as well.

RC45
Seasoned Member

Postby RC45 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:17 am

I have both the Special Forces and Alaska GTX, like the Alaskas a lot better. Best boot I have ever worn, look new after three years.

I would recommend getting them only from Track and Trail since they are the only authorized dealer in Canada. I am sure customer service is good elsewhere, but these guys are awesome and if you have any issues with the boots after a while, you can likely get it dealt with easier with an auth dealer. Plus they give police a pretty good discount.

d.english
Rookie Member

Postby d.english » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:57 pm

i have been talking to them back and forth already great folks at T and T.

i am going for the alaskas as the full rubber rand is a boot saver, i have had a couple of pairs of zamberlan's love them but the nature of the job wrecks the toe, (VIOZ). they make a pair with a rubber rand but only in forest which is not a pass by the uniform policy....

i have a pair of 511 astm shields as well for "regular use" as we are required to have that green triangle, but "winter boots" are not suspect to that clause.....

511 are nice and light but any amount of off road walking is horrible, and knowing there are better boot's out there kills me.

Choices in safety boots is horrible when limited to uniform conforming boots.

thanks for the info

D

Waterman
Rookie Member

Postby Waterman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 pm

If only Hanwag started making the special ops with a CSA approved toe...I suspect sales to LE would jump.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:46 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Waterman wrote:If only Hanwag started making the special ops with a CSA approved toe...I suspect sales to LE would jump.

RCMP, and I suspect most police agencies, are told not to get steel-toe or similar, with exceptions to specialized units. There are a number of reasons why, none of which I'm going to get into on a public forum.

Even us civvies can figure that one out, VS! :mrgreen:

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:20 pm

In short, they sound like "real" hiking boots.

woodswanderer
Rookie Member

Postby woodswanderer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 am

best boots you'll ever get, but then again boots really depend on user, but whether driving, carrying a pack for 7 days, or just general duty, wont be disappointed,

DSizzy

Postby DSizzy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:01 am

VanSmack wrote:I got mine from a place in Edmonton. I think it was called Track and Trail.

Does anyone know if they still have a LE discount?
I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls. -Gecko45