Bates GX-8 Gore-Tex

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
xmber
Veteran Member

Bates GX-8 Gore-Tex

Postby xmber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Hey all,

Looking at picking a pair of duty boots and read the other threads. I think I've settled on this pair and want to know if anyone else wears them. They seem super comfy but take for granted that was only for 5mins or so while trying them on. Any opinions?

http://www.batesfootwear.com/ca/en-CA/P ... mensions=0

Maverick

Re: Bates GX-8 Gore-Tex

Postby Maverick » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Did you get them in composite toe ? how do you like them

xmber wrote:Hey all,

Looking at picking a pair of duty boots and read the other threads. I think I've settled on this pair and want to know if anyone else wears them. They seem super comfy but take for granted that was only for 5mins or so while trying them on. Any opinions?

http://www.batesfootwear.com/ca/en-CA/P ... mensions=0

HTP
Rookie Member

Postby HTP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 am

I wore bates at the jail and they were awesome.
POLICE OFFICERS: Because firefighters need heros

xmber
Veteran Member

Postby xmber » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Maverick wrote:Did you get them in composite toe ? how do you like them

They are composite toe but I haven't gotten them yet. I had them order a half size smaller for comparison purposes but I'm pretty sold. They seem to be a kick ass boot and I'm pretty picky about my duty footwear.

I'll give you my thoughts after I've had the chance to wear them for a while.

bigbadjoe108
Sage Member

Postby bigbadjoe108 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm sure they'll be fine. I don't really thing one can go wrong with Danner or Bates, as long as you get a proper fit.
VVV

Tommy
Veteran Member

Postby Tommy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:01 pm

bigbadjoe108 wrote:I'm sure they'll be fine. I don't really thing one can go wrong with Danner or Bates, as long as you get a proper fit.

watch out for some of the Danner models these days... There quality has gone Tits up... The good news is that you can read user reviews right on the website so you can get an idea of what boots they have which are good, and what boots to avoid.

It's a pain because the Stryker was the best pair of boots I've ever owned, but the new Stryker II's are utter trash. WTF?
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

bigbadjoe108
Sage Member

Postby bigbadjoe108 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:44 am

Tommy wrote:
bigbadjoe108 wrote:I'm sure they'll be fine. I don't really thing one can go wrong with Danner or Bates, as long as you get a proper fit.

watch out for some of the Danner models these days... There quality has gone Tits up... The good news is that you can read user reviews right on the website so you can get an idea of what boots they have which are good, and what boots to avoid.

It's a pain because the Stryker was the best pair of boots I've ever owned, but the new Stryker II's are utter trash. WTF?

Sheesh, that is totally my bad. I've had a couple of pairs of Acadias and they have lasted me multiple hunting and fishing trips and two tours as well!!! I swear by them.

I should have read the reviews before I bought those boots..... I just got a pair about a month ago on the reccomendation of a buddy who owns an set of Stryker originals.

So far so good though. I may be one of the lucky ones...
VVV

Maverick

Postby Maverick » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:24 pm

That would be awesome, we have to wear CSA approved footwear for work.I was looking at getting the bates, but ended up getting OS Swat.

xmber wrote:
Maverick wrote:Did you get them in composite toe ? how do you like them

They are composite toe but I haven't gotten them yet. I had them order a half size smaller for comparison purposes but I'm pretty sold. They seem to be a kick ass boot and I'm pretty picky about my duty footwear.

I'll give you my thoughts after I've had the chance to wear them for a while.