HexBright Flashlight

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
HTP
Rookie Member

Re: HexBright Flashlight

Postby HTP » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Anybody have any of the 5.11 tactical lights?
POLICE OFFICERS: Because firefighters need heros

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:40 pm

SierraSeven wrote:You guys get free CR123's through work? Damn... they were doing that here for a month before they scrapped it because of how expensive those are!

Ya, we have to turn in a dead set to get fresh one, as they are under lock and key. It's not like we just have them sitting around- that wouldn't last for long!

I think I'm going to get the TK21. It's a bit brighter than the TK15 and not much more. Just waiting to hear from ATR about going through his guy.

EDIT: just looked back at my old records, and i have the TK15 for my patrol rifle. It's bright as hell.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:57 pm

SierraSeven wrote:
meathead1 wrote:We get our batteries from our office. I always have 3-4 sets of fresh ones with me, so I think I'll stick with them instead of the rechargable. I always carry a fresh set in my pocket, so if I'm ever out and my light starts to dim, I can just pop a new pair in and not have to worry about going to recharge it. Sometimes we don't have that luxury, as you guys know.

You guys get free CR123's through work? Damn... they were doing that here for a month before they scrapped it because of how expensive those are! That's the reason I run with rechargeables. Obviously not the best solution for you guys at all times given the limited time spent at detachment. Let me know how you like the TK21. I've been thinking of picking up another light for the duty belt so I can use one light for my NEA-15 when I decide to buy :thumbsup: Might as well buy the pressure switch when I make that purchase too!

What I find really great is if you can get a car adapter for your charger. The one flashlight I have on my belt is a Streamlight Stinger Rechargeable and the chargers came with a car adapter, so I just plug er into the dash of my cruiser and if the battery starts to die, I just hook er in while I'm driving and go to my backup light for the hour or so it takes to recharge.
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Unfortunately these 18650's take hours to charge. I haven't timed it, but I think it's in the neighbourhood of 8-12 hours.

I typically kill all the batteries in my lights once a month and recharge them all. I don't think the 18650's develop a 'memory' but it doesn't hurt to fully drain them and charge them. This way I'm less likely to have a light die on me when I need it most. We do a decent amount of vehicle searches so I've almost always got a light in the support hand.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Wee! I can go flashlight shopping now! I got my tax refund direct deposited into my Bank account today! Still up in the air on what to get... I'm comfortable with the size of the Surefire G2, it's just over 5" long with an 1 1/4" head... The Fenix TK21 does look nice... Humm, I wonder if there's any Trade Shows coming up that might have a selection of flashlight at good prices... :mrgreen:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:56 am

Respond Wayne wrote: Humm, I wonder if there's any Trade Shows coming up that might have a selection of flashlight at good prices... :mrgreen:

hadn't even thought of that, but I'm not going wait a month and a half to get a good deal. We know how well that went last time :roll: I'll pony up more cash up front to get it in my hands quicker.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:48 am

:aye:

Just checked out (online) the sharp place you mentioned... I might just slide by there... today and take a boo at their Fenix selection!
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:22 am

I took meathead's advice, checked out a store close by Pearson... They had a decent selection of Fenix lights, but because of the Sportsman Show currently running, they had a limited supply on hand... I took a close look at the TK21, PD32, and TK35...The TK35 was a tad big but REALLY bright, PD32 was too small and so-so bright, but the TK21 was just the right size with pretty decent brightness.

And then I tried it tonight outside in the darkness... WOW!!! From a distance of about 200 feet I was able to light up an object on the grass and see it clearly in "high" (180 lumens) mode... Then I triggered "turbo" (468 lumens) mode and did it ever light shit up!!! :shock:

So thank you meathead... and I'm sorry for taking the last TK21... :oops:

But hey, I did send you a message so you did waste a trip there... and I'm sure there's others out there... somewhere...
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

AHP309
Seasoned Member

Postby AHP309 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:59 am

Respond Wayne wrote:I took meathead's advice, checked out a store close by Pearson... They had a decent selection of Fenix lights, but because of the Sportsman Show currently running, they had a limited supply on hand... I took a close look at the TK21, PD32, and TK35...The TK35 was a tad big but REALLY bright, PD32 was too small and so-so bright, but the TK21 was just the right size with pretty decent brightness.

And then I tried it tonight outside in the darkness... WOW!!! From a distance of about 200 feet I was able to light up an object on the grass and see it clearly in "high" (180 lumens) mode... Then I triggered "turbo" (468 lumens) mode and did it ever light shit up!!! :shock:

So thank you meathead... and I'm sorry for taking the last TK21... :oops:

But hey, I did send you a message so you did waste a trip there... and I'm sure there's others out there... somewhere...

Have you ever thought of a career writing children's books........the first flashlight was too big, the second was too small, but the third was juuuuuust right! :P

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:48 pm

.....was just right so I put it in my ass.

Wayner.......it was supposed to be a FLASH light not FLESH light.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:32 pm

A.T.R. wrote:.....was just right so I put it in my ass.

Wayner.......it was supposed to be a FLASH light not FLESH light.

LOL... I think that's what meathead might do if he ever sees me (for taking the last one)...

And the Fleshlight doesn't go in your ass... I mean, umm, what's this Fleshlight you speak of? :ponder:
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:34 pm

The one flashlight I have on my belt is a Streamlight Stinger Rechargeable and the chargers came with a car adapter,

I hear you got a great deal on it! ;)

We know how well that went last time I'll pony up more cash up front to get it in my hands quicker.

Place in Hamilton, which is run by a HPS Court Special and his dad (retired HPS), called Hamilton Tactical carries the Fenix lights. They give discounts as well. I don't know if you're interested in the drive or not, but its just a suggestion.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

echo1
Grand Poobah

Postby echo1 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Well my refund is on its way.

I'm totally lost on all these flashlights...what is a fair priced (around $100?) flashlight for casual work use. (I work indoors so I won't be busting it out every ten minutes)

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm really liking the Fenix TK21... it's slightly taller than my Surefire G2 (see the pic below)... It's at the $100.00 mark.

You can set the brightness level you prefer, and when you turn it back on it will be at that brightness level... really simple to use!

VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<