CBSA Boots?

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
danoman
Veteran Member

Re: CBSA Boots?

Postby danoman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 am

Do you pay out of pocket for these? If so, how much?
For everything you need to know in life, watch the Lion King and read the Da Vinci Code.

NaOH
Rookie Member

Postby NaOH » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:36 pm

danoman wrote:Do you pay out of pocket for these? If so, how much?

5.11's? Mine were issued.

gallodelcielo
Rookie Member

Postby gallodelcielo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:07 pm

You reference a list of boots but in our port we haven't seen this list. I also can't find it in the uniform policy or internal website. Is it possible that you could let me know where the list is found or post a copy? Thanks!

mrsrhinogame wrote:reviving an old thread:

any new advise on which boots are best? There's 26 or so on the list to pick from, I've never worn work boots before so not sure what to narrow it down to. I don't want to try out all 26 pairs, by the end of that I'd be happy to walk out with whatever pair was on my foot at the time. Are there big differences in weight, or height, what is the most important thing to look for?

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 pm

There is currently no boot contract. The agency will give you $250 for a pair of boots that will need to last two years.

Protector24
Rookie Member

Postby Protector24 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:21 am

Last edited by Protector24 on Sat May 25, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:31 pm

NaOH wrote:
danoman wrote:Do you pay out of pocket for these? If so, how much?

5.11's? Mine were issued.

PAC region seems to be the best region in all of the CBSA. Is this where all the management with common sense and front-line experience go? If so can we trade you....a few of the GTAR managers who are as good at their jobs as a potato for a few of your good managers?

Protector24
Rookie Member

Postby Protector24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:18 am

Last edited by Protector24 on Sat May 25, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Protector24 wrote:This Agency could do itself a favour by developing a uniform allowance policy. Allow officers a certain amount of money every year or two years to purchase boots/hats/shirts/pants etc. that have been approved for use. Get away from having people order X number of shirts and X number of pants every year just because you can and storing them in your closet for a decade.

The problem with that is for every one professional BSO who wants to have a good uniform we have a hundred useless pylons who would order lime-green pants and purple crocs and wear them in because they "can".

I'd be happy having a uniform clerk who actually orders what I ask for instead of trying to tell me "you ask for new boots every 8 months....are you selling them on the side?" LOL maybe if I could get actual DUTY boots instead of the crap you send me to get at a lowest-bidder construction-boot store then I wouldn't need new ones every 8 months.

NaOH
Rookie Member

Postby NaOH » Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Punisher-One wrote:I'd be happy having a uniform clerk who actually orders what I ask for instead of trying to tell me "you ask for new boots every 8 months....are you selling them on the side?" LOL maybe if I could get actual DUTY boots instead of the crap you send me to get at a lowest-bidder construction-boot store then I wouldn't need new ones every 8 months.

Magnums right? I got eight months out of mine too. :x

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue May 28, 2013 2:26 pm

I am so happy that the contract with our construction-boot store didn't get renewed! I purchased a pair of Bates GX-8's and was reimbursed by the agency. One of, if not the most, comfortable boot I have worn yet. I swore by my 5.11s before this but now I am going to try a pair of desert GX-8s for hiking because my work ones are so comfortable!

TMLF

Postby TMLF » Fri May 31, 2013 3:17 pm

Punisher-One wrote:I am so happy that the contract with our construction-boot store didn't get renewed! I purchased a pair of Bates GX-8's and was reimbursed by the agency. One of, if not the most, comfortable boot I have worn yet. I swore by my 5.11s before this but now I am going to try a pair of desert GX-8s for hiking because my work ones are so comfortable!

Did you get the gortex ones or the regular GX-8s?
I was a converse guy myself, having tried magnums and terras...
The converse were the most comfortable and most durable out of all of them.
Unfortunately, converse apparently gave up their CSA certification so the boots are no longer in production.
I was leaning towards bates myself.

Have you (or anyone) ever had a pair? What's the durability like? :ponder:
-T

[Insert witty signature quote here...]

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Punisher-One wrote:I'd be happy having a uniform clerk who actually orders what I ask for instead of trying to tell me "you ask for new boots every 8 months....are you selling them on the side?" LOL maybe if I could get actual DUTY boots instead of the crap you send me to get at a lowest-bidder construction-boot store then I wouldn't need new ones every 8 months.

I find I can't get a pair that will last more than 8 months too.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:53 pm

TMLF wrote:Did you get the gortex ones or the regular GX-8s?

I believe mine are the gortex as they were the only model available with no side-zip.
So far I really like them. Comfortable right out of the box. I am hoping they hold up for the two-years. They aren't showing any undue signs of wear yet. I polish them about once a week and that cleans up any scuffs. No major damage yet!

TMLF

Postby TMLF » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
TMLF wrote:Did you get the gortex ones or the regular GX-8s?

I believe mine are the gortex as they were the only model available with no side-zip.
So far I really like them. Comfortable right out of the box. I am hoping they hold up for the two-years. They aren't showing any undue signs of wear yet. I polish them about once a week and that cleans up any scuffs. No major damage yet!

You're not a fan of side zips?
-T

[Insert witty signature quote here...]

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:41 pm

TMLF wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:
TMLF wrote:You're not a fan of side zips?

Prohibited by policy.
Wouldn't want to get suspended for having them....they suspend people around here first and ask questions later.