Summer Wear?

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
SierraSeven
King Poobah

Re: Summer Wear?

Postby SierraSeven » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:22 am

Lululemon makes... Yes, I said Lululemon. They make some quality clothing, love their silverescent shirts for working out, as well as for an undershirt at work.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

shootemup
Sage Member

Postby shootemup » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:59 pm

And here I thought all they made was yoga pants...
Jackbooted Cig Enforcer

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:49 pm

^ Ditto.

Apparently, their base layers (shirts, socks, underwear, hats, etc.) are all extremely comfortable. Never really checked out their site and/or prices but I may now.

After trying Under Armor and being thoroughly disappointed, I'm still looking for comfortable undergarments...

cityblue
Veteran Member

Postby cityblue » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Mr. Islander wrote:^ Ditto.

Apparently, their base layers (shirts, socks, underwear, hats, etc.) are all extremely comfortable. Never really checked out their site and/or prices but I may now.

After trying Under Armor and being thoroughly disappointed, I'm still looking for comfortable undergarments...

Wife and I tried to find some Lulu sweats and shirts for me during a boxing day sale and never found anything decent with decent prices. Sweats were still about $80.00 and none of the shirts remotely appealed to me for work or workout wear. I've stuck with the Underarmour "Tactical" line ($5 cheaper than the same regular shirts with muted logos) and been happy.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 pm

SierraSeven wrote:Lululemon makes... Yes, I said Lululemon. They make some quality clothing, love their silverescent shirts for working out, as well as for an undershirt at work.

I heard you looked good in yoga pants.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:19 am

meathead1 wrote:
SierraSeven wrote:Lululemon makes... Yes, I said Lululemon. They make some quality clothing, love their silverescent shirts for working out, as well as for an undershirt at work.

You kept asking for more snapchat photos, so I must be doing something right.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

sumo12
Rookie Member

Postby sumo12 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm

SierraSeven wrote:
meathead1 wrote:

You kept asking for more snapchat photos, so I must be doing something right.

One can never un-read what has been read here today. :twitch:
RCMP Regular member "K" Division

kellyofficer
Rookie Member

Postby kellyofficer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 am

Anyone know of any good mesh (maybe part nylon or polyester?) or other undershirts that work well under uniform shirts? Starting to get hot lately. :D

mark y
Rookie Member

Postby mark y » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 am

kellyofficer wrote:Anyone know of any good mesh (maybe part nylon or polyester?) or other undershirts that work well under uniform shirts? Starting to get hot lately. :D

There is a new shirt out that resembles a 1980's mesh tank top. I haven't heard of anyone wearing it and giving a review, but it's interesting. See 221btactical.com .

Our new IceSkin t-shirt is not out yet, sadly. We have a small limited-production run going right now but most are already sold, for July delivery. The full production will be in a few months, which will sadly miss our summer season.

CBK

Postby CBK » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm

mark y wrote:
kellyofficer wrote:Anyone know of any good mesh (maybe part nylon or polyester?) or other undershirts that work well under uniform shirts? Starting to get hot lately. :D

There is a new shirt out that resembles a 1980's mesh tank top. I haven't heard of anyone wearing it and giving a review, but it's interesting. See 221btactical.com .

Our new IceSkin t-shirt is not out yet, sadly. We have a small limited-production run going right now but most are already sold, for July delivery. The full production will be in a few months, which will sadly miss our summer season.

I'm wearing one of the Firstar shirts that Mark has mentioned here before. I ordered a couple to see what they are like compared to the ol' under armor ones (that stink to hi heaven no matter what you do after a few months... yes I washed them!! hahaha). Others on here have said they like them and so far so good. I'm just waiting to get a couple more wears outta them in the hot weather to see for myself if they end up stinking like the under armor (everyone has told me they don't) and they seem to be odor free so far. I'll post again once I get another month or so outta them.
I will suggest ordering one size bigger then the under armor if you go with the tight fit ones. Mine is a little tight compared to the same size under armor ones I have.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:33 pm

mark y wrote:

Feel free to slap em in the face for me
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

mark y
Rookie Member

Postby mark y » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:04 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:
mark y wrote:Our new IceSkin t-shirt is not out yet, sadly. We have a small limited-production run going right now but most are already sold, for July delivery. The full production will be in a few months, which will sadly miss our summer season.

Feel free to slap em in the face for me

Way ahead of you! :boxer:

Harbinger30
Rookie Member

Postby Harbinger30 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:10 pm

I wear Under Armour in the summer and Arc'Teryx in the winter. It pulls moisture away from your skin, although it gets absorbed by the uniform shirt. Kevlar doesn't breathe.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Harbinger30 wrote:I wear Under Armour in the summer and Arc'Teryx in the winter. It pulls moisture away from your skin, although it gets absorbed by the uniform shirt. Kevlar doesn't breathe.

False. Pro TIP: Shoot holes through your Kevlar vest to add breathing holes, it helps make those warm days easier to bear.
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."