No More Yellow Strip for RCMP A/Cst???

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Tango5
Rookie Member

Re: No More Yellow Strip for RCMP A/Cst???

Postby Tango5 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:53 pm

NorthernProtector wrote:There is no blue stripe on the RCMP uniform pants. The hat is all now the same colour, no additional stripe.

Yes.. unless it is 'old' stock issue. I still received the standard hat with yellow band covered with a blue stripe.
Remote referred to RCMP Aux.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

remote
Rookie Member

Postby remote » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Hoodwinkle wrote:Well then I have no idea what remote was talking about then. :thumbsup:

My apologies to all for the confusion. :oops:
I was referring to RCMP Auxiliaries - not OPP.
RCMP Auxiliaries don't have a blue stripe anymore but I think that they did in the past.

dwest
Rookie Member

Postby dwest » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:25 pm

The latest image I have seen of an RCMP A/Cst shows a plain grey shirt plain black pants and not even a shoulder patch! the hat was the same with blue band and they were wearing a vest. looks like a Grey Hound driver wearing body armour!
A lot can be said about how a person deals with an offence. Kicking a person when they are down doesn't make you look any better!

red_coat
Sage Member

Postby red_coat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Auxiliaries here have the same shirt, but on their patch it says "Auxiliary". They have the same pants we do, just without the yellow stripe.

Their jackets also have "Auxiliary" on the back/sides too, as with their vests.

dwest
Rookie Member

Postby dwest » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:36 pm

red_coat wrote:Auxiliaries here have the same shirt, but on their patch it says "Auxiliary". They have the same pants we do, just without the yellow stripe.

Their jackets also have "Auxiliary" on the back/sides too, as with their vests.

Yes! I was under the same impression...but then I saw the aux with the description I stated above...that was a bit boggling. I wonder if perhaps things change from division to division???
A lot can be said about how a person deals with an offence. Kicking a person when they are down doesn't make you look any better!

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:11 am

dwest wrote:The latest image I have seen of an RCMP A/Cst shows a plain grey shirt plain black pants and not even a shoulder patch! the hat was the same with blue band and they were wearing a vest. looks like a Grey Hound driver wearing body armour!

That was a Gray Hound driver perhaps? :mrgreen:
Things do not change from did to div where it comes to the uniform as far as I know. Some smaller, isolated detachments have some A/Members having pullout patches "saying" Police on the reflective strips. The blues are blue not black.

red_coat
Sage Member

Postby red_coat » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Podhalan wrote:
dwest wrote:The latest image I have seen of an RCMP A/Cst shows a plain grey shirt plain black pants and not even a shoulder patch! the hat was the same with blue band and they were wearing a vest. looks like a Grey Hound driver wearing body armour!

That was a Gray Hound driver perhaps? :mrgreen:
Things do not change from did to div where it comes to the uniform as far as I know. Some smaller, isolated detachments have some A/Members having pullout patches "saying" Police on the reflective strips. The blues are blue not black.

Our detachment's Auxiliaries wear the same jacket as us, police flap and all. The only difference is the little "Auxiliary" patch underneath the shoulder flash.

NorthernProtector
Seasoned Member

Postby NorthernProtector » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:11 pm

That design changed about 5 years ago. The word "Police" at the bottom of the patch was replaced with "Auxiliary/Auxiliare". The separate "Auxiliary" patch is no longer used in combination with the standard RCMP/GRC "Police" flash. The whole reason for the uniform changes were to eliminate "Police" from the uniform.
A Veteran = Someone whether active, retired, or reserve who has in his/her past written a cheque made payable to "The People of Canada" for the sum of "Up To & Including My Life".

NorthernProtector
Seasoned Member

Postby NorthernProtector » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 pm

dwest wrote:Yes! I was under the same impression...but then I saw the aux with the description I stated above...that was a bit boggling. I wonder if perhaps things change from division to division???

So really...why do you care? Sounded to me that you are just stirring the pot.
A Veteran = Someone whether active, retired, or reserve who has in his/her past written a cheque made payable to "The People of Canada" for the sum of "Up To & Including My Life".

dwest
Rookie Member

Postby dwest » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:13 pm

No the reason I care is because I dont want to give false information when I am talking about the Auxiliary program. And besides that why do you care??? I was just curious cant a guy ask a question? :twitch:

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 pm

NorthernProtector wrote:That design changed about 5 years ago. The word "Police" at the bottom of the patch was replaced with "Auxiliary/Auxiliare". The separate "Auxiliary" patch is no longer used in combination with the standard RCMP/GRC "Police" flash. The whole reason for the uniform changes were to eliminate "Police" from the uniform.

Exactly.

Mind you some A/Cst's have all patches changed but still the Soft Body Armor pullout has the new Auxiliary patch and POLICE on the reflective strip.
My Patrol jacket and Traffic jacket have the new patches and the little squares as well, it was an older issue, same as the Body Armor. I believe all the new kit comes with out of the 'Police' in the pocket and with no little Aux patches.

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:52 pm

dwest wrote:No the reason I care is because I dont want to give false information when I am talking about the Auxiliary program. And besides that why do you care??? I was just curious cant a guy ask a question? :twitch:

I'm just curious on why you think you should be giving information to people? You are not part of the program in your Div, you have never been apart of the program, and you're just right now trying to be an applicant to the Force. What makes you think you have the information about an organization and a program of that organization that you are not apart of? I was just curious too.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

dwest
Rookie Member

Postby dwest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:11 am

MedTech wrote:
dwest wrote:No the reason I care is because I dont want to give false information when I am talking about the Auxiliary program. And besides that why do you care??? I was just curious cant a guy ask a question? :twitch:

I'm just curious on why you think you should be giving information to people? You are not part of the program in your Div, you have never been apart of the program, and you're just right now trying to be an applicant to the Force. What makes you think you have the information about an organization and a program of that organization that you are not apart of? I was just curious too.

ok ... let me try this again! what I mean is it would be nice to actually hear it from the "horses mouth" so to speak, about whats what with the aux program...

What makes you think you have the information about an organization and a program of that organization that you are not apart of?

:ponder: Thats why im asking the question :roll:

I'm just curious on why you think you should be giving information to people?

For my next information session, that I will be holding as all powerful supreme embassador to the RCMP Aux. Program, at our local seniors center! :teach:

I was just curious too.

Edited to remove the aweful douch bag comment!

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 am

For my next information session, that I will be holding as all powerful supreme embassador to the RCMP Aux. Program, at our local seniors center!

Seems to me that having absolutely no foggiest idea about the Auxiliary Policing program... you gonna be doing WHAT ??? - :roll:
** powerful supreme "e"mbassador to the RCMP Aux. Program **

-- Are you smoking something?? -- Hope it's a [sarcasm]