New RCMP Shirts

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Maximum_Mu
Sage Member

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Maximum_Mu » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Cop23 wrote:New pants are great, so far so good, very comfy and thicker material. Let's see if they fade out or not.

Agreed, mine have been in service about 5 weeks now, leg room is fantastic, don't have to rip the side of your hand off to get coffee money out of front pockets, and they appear to be permiated with scotchguard like water repellent.

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Maximum_Mu wrote:
Cop23 wrote:New pants are great, so far so good, very comfy and thicker material. Let's see if they fade out or not.

Agreed, mine have been in service about 5 weeks now, leg room is fantastic, don't have to rip the side of your hand off to get coffee money out of front pockets, and they appear to be permiated with scotchguard like water repellent.

Can anyone post a pic of them in their new full kit? Can't wait to see what the new uniform looks like!

conoranthony
Veteran Member

Postby conoranthony » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:08 am

I just received my brand new washable trousers last week. Was looking forward to the improvements the new pants had. I opened up the box and there were two pairs of washable trousers manufactured in 2002. The pants look pre-faded with the same crappy pocket design. I don't care, they need to get rid of old stock but please, 2002???

Chris_53

Postby Chris_53 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 pm

conoranthony wrote:I just received my brand new washable trousers last week. Was looking forward to the improvements the new pants had. I opened up the box and there were two pairs of washable trousers manufactured in 2002. The pants look pre-faded with the same crappy pocket design. I don't care, they need to get rid of old stock but please, 2002???

Yeah they sent me the same garbage a few months back. You just got the old style washables that used to be restricted. They were terrible for me, faded and ripped within weeks, and the yellow stripe started to "peel" off near the pockets. Send them back because they are the wrong size and wait to order some new ones.

BUCKET
Rookie Member

Postby BUCKET » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:09 pm

They still show as restricted, a few of us put in for them today, will see what comes if anything. I told them they were not restricted because the guys on blue line said so....lol.

Chris_53

Postby Chris_53 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:11 pm

BUCKET wrote:They still show as restricted, a few of us put in for them today, will see what comes if anything. I told them they were not restricted because the guys on blue line said so....lol.

Yes that catalog is outdated and will take some time to correct. If you have an NCO who is not signing your 1216's because of it send a groupwise to "Kit&Clothing" and they will confirm that you can order these pants.

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Fri May 16, 2014 5:46 am

Revive! Any updates since? Better clothing?

Columbo
Seasoned Member

Postby Columbo » Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Last edited by Columbo on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more thing..."

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Tue May 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Columbo wrote:Too bad about that yellow stripe. 99% of my coworkers just buy and wear 5.11's because our issue pants are pure junk that fit like purple sweatpants.

So does the RCMP force people to have the yellow stripe pants? Or does some divisons have just regular cargo pants, ex 5.11?

BROVO26

Postby BROVO26 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:40 pm

FedCO wrote:
Columbo wrote:Too bad about that yellow stripe. 99% of my coworkers just buy and wear 5.11's because our issue pants are pure junk that fit like purple sweatpants.

So does the RCMP force people to have the yellow stripe pants? Or does some divisons have just regular cargo pants, ex 5.11?

Yeah regular members in traffic and general duty wear yellow strips, special units like PDS, Ident or ERT don't.
It's not if you win or lose, but how you place the blame.

nubbsy
Rookie Member
Location: Obstacles are the things you see when you lose sight of the goal.

Postby nubbsy » Wed May 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Not sure if I got the updated stuff or not but the kit I got was 2 short sleeve shirts 2 long sleeve 2 pairs of pants that have yet to come so I just ordered my own ( I am auxiliary so no yellow stripe, but not allowed to wear cargo pants) 2 jackets and 2 pairs of boots. No poky name tag just the Velcro on type. I find all of the kit very comfortable and the shirts are of good quality.
It's not why we fall that defines us, it's what we do when we get back up.
Career Presentation. 14-07-07
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
RMAQ Phone interview. 14-10-09 passed
File at panel review.passed
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Wed May 21, 2014 11:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:Not sure if I got the updated stuff or not but the kit I got was 2 short sleeve shirts 2 long sleeve 2 pairs of pants that have yet to come so I just ordered my own ( I am auxiliary so no yellow stripe, but not allowed to wear cargo pants) 2 jackets and 2 pairs of boots. No poky name tag just the Velcro on type. I find all of the kit very comfortable and the shirts are of good quality.

Is the no stripe for aux thing dependent on region?
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:40 pm

No. Auxiliaries are not authorized to sport the blues with stripe when on duty while wearing the operational uniform. However, they are issued those to use with the Blue Serge.
I like the look and feel of the new pants.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

LAWDOG

Postby LAWDOG » Thu May 22, 2014 8:54 am

FedCO wrote:Revive! Any updates since? Better clothing?

-Soft Shell Jackets.....Pretty decent

-Cargo Pants...........Pretty Crappy

-MOLLE SBA Carrier............ Looking good, but not standard issue yet. Waiting on enough stock

-Toques..................Coming this winter...........They look like turbans
"A good plan violently executed right now, is far better than a perfect plan executed next week." Gen. George S Patton