New RCMP Shirts

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Whistler
Veteran Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:13 pm
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Whistler » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Rick Mercer is the cheap Canadian knock off of Jon Stewart, propped up by our tax dollars.

User avatar
Mark S
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 4369
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Mark S » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:03 am

Whistler wrote:Rick Mercer is the cheap Canadian knock off of Jon Stewart, propped up by our tax dollars.


That's what I thought he was going to be when he got his new show, but he actually falls pretty short.
Welcome to Winnipeg. We were born here, what's your excuse?

User avatar
KL
King Poobah
Posts: 2208
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:01 am
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby KL » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:44 am

I think that was a good commentary. I couldn't believe that the Force did a news release about new pants given all the other things we are criticized for. I like Rick Mercer. He is very supportive of the RCMP and the Canadian Forces.

User avatar
RJB
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1261
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby RJB » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:36 pm

KL wrote:I think that was a good commentary. I couldn't believe that the Force did a news release about new pants given all the other things we are criticized for. I like Rick Mercer. He is very supportive of the RCMP and the Canadian Forces.
Agreed. He made the story sound as stupid as the story actually is.

User avatar
dataec
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 2630
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby dataec » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:46 pm

RJB wrote:
KL wrote:I think that was a good commentary. I couldn't believe that the Force did a news release about new pants given all the other things we are criticized for. I like Rick Mercer. He is very supportive of the RCMP and the Canadian Forces.
Agreed. He made the story sound as stupid as the story actually is.


....and that was my point.

cgy1
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: calgary ab
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby cgy1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:12 pm

does anyone have any pictures of said new pants or shirts?

User avatar
BUCKET
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:50 am
Location: "H" DIV
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby BUCKET » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:24 pm

I tried to get the pants, was told it was for Northern Service or Dets with no dry cleaners only. More years with those awesome tight crotch porn pants.

User avatar
Chris_53
Regular Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:01 am
Location: K Div
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Chris_53 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 pm

BUCKET wrote:I tried to get the pants, was told it was for Northern Service or Dets with no dry cleaners only. More years with those awesome tight crotch porn pants.

They're full of it. Several members in my unit and detachment have ordered them, they are not restricted any longer. "Washable Trousers Male/Female" is what they're listed on the Catalog. They look similar to the old from a far, but with different material, yellow stripe goes all the way up the pant leg and the pockets are now usable, moved downwards.

Tango5
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 am
Location: E Div
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Tango5 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 pm

I wonder as to why not just give you TAC pants (cargo). The stripe could be incorporated as need be. Personally, I haven't seen the new pants yet.
We get the new shirts, not much of a difference that I have noticed, beside the Velcro strip.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

User avatar
FedCO
King Poobah
Posts: 1605
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby FedCO » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 am

Chris_53 wrote:
BUCKET wrote:I tried to get the pants, was told it was for Northern Service or Dets with no dry cleaners only. More years with those awesome tight crotch porn pants.

They're full of it. Several members in my unit and detachment have ordered them, they are not restricted any longer. "Washable Trousers Male/Female" is what they're listed on the Catalog. They look similar to the old from a far, but with different material, yellow stripe goes all the way up the pant leg and the pockets are now usable, moved downwards.


Can someone tell me why RCMP has the current style of uniform and how long has RCMP been in this style of uniform? Why would a federal agency use Grey with a blue vest and wool style pants? Not trying to be offensive, its just id like to know the history on this. I would of thought they be in dark blue with red stripe down the pants like other agencies?
Last edited by FedCO on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cop23
Regular Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:38 am
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Cop23 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 am

New pants are great, so far so good, very comfy and thicker material. Let's see if they fade out or not.
It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

User avatar
dataec
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 2630
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby dataec » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:00 am

Video (prototype) for new uniform?

Imagine:

Buffalo crest in the middle of the hat
spit shield type mask
"Patrol Cape" (with shoulder flashes)
boots depicted in prototype would be replaced with standard issue High Browns.

Now, tell me if you stepped out of the shadows wearing this you wouldn't get some R E S P E C T!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLMjHy12 ... re=related

ps: ....you have to at least watch the vid until the 60 sec mark to observe the "Foot Patrol Prance"

red_coat
Sage Member
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby red_coat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:55 am

FedCO wrote:
Chris_53 wrote:
BUCKET wrote:I tried to get the pants, was told it was for Northern Service or Dets with no dry cleaners only. More years with those awesome tight crotch porn pants.

They're full of it. Several members in my unit and detachment have ordered them, they are not restricted any longer. "Washable Trousers Male/Female" is what they're listed on the Catalog. They look similar to the old from a far, but with different material, yellow stripe goes all the way up the pant leg and the pockets are now usable, moved downwards.


Can someone tell me why RCMP has the current style of uniform and how long has RCMP been in this style of uniform? Why would a federal agency use Grey with a blue vest and wool style pants? Not trying to be offensive, its just id like to know the history on this. I would of thought they be in dark blue with red stripe down the pants like other agencies?


I don't know how long we have worn the current uniform, however the yellow stripe represents the cavalry in the British Army. The res stripe you see on municipal agencies is for the infantry I believe. The OPP wear a blue stripe.

User avatar
smarshall
Grand Poobah
Posts: 728
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:01 am
Location: Pitt Meadows BC
Contact:

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby smarshall » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:18 pm

The grey shirt came out in the early 90s, around the same time they switched from brown leather with a flap holster to the black leather. the sba outer carrier came on line around 95


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot and 1 guest