New RCMP Shirts

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
CDM
Rookie Member

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby CDM » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:55 pm

I saw the gray vest ugly, some officer trying to get a bump lol, most of the guys I work with want a blue shirt, and nylon external, oh and drop the yellow stripe on GD pants, it can stay on the breeches.

badbrad

Postby badbrad » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:39 am

Quote "I saw the gray vest ugly, some officer trying to get a bump lol, most of the guys I work with want a blue shirt, and nylon external, oh and drop the yellow stripe on GD pants, it can stay on the breeches."

Uniforms like the Mall security , jail guards, armour car service, paramedics

...No thanks. I like my uniform the way it is.

the Brown report said there were alot of things wrong with the RCMP. I didnt read anything where it said we looked bad or the uniforms were unsafe. There are more things that need attention in the RCMP than what colour the shirts are or how comfortable the socks are.

Safety Guy

Postby Safety Guy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:59 pm

If I've ever bitched about my uniform allowance then I owe the RCMP members an appology!!! I always thought that the RCMP duty uniform looked great but dry clean only duty pants without cargo pockets :crazy:

We get our pick from a uniform order list up to a value of 600$ that's not much when you start addaing in a new jacket or coveralls or something similar but it's more than enough for shirts pants and boots. every year.
Please remember that the man makes the uniform and not the other way around.

Python

Postby Python » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:14 pm

The trousers that the RCMP issues are basically wool dress slacks. The look great when cleaned and pressed but aren't that practical for general duty policing.

As for the shirts, I've seen a few of the new ones and I'm not too impressed. I like the look and feel of the older style of shirt, the new one was probably designed with the idea that most members wear an external carrier (don't get me started :roll: ).

If you're having trouble with your plastic nametag falling off there are two things you can do. One is to start putting it at the top of the pocket flap instead of above the pocket (if the backings fall off then they will stay in your pocket). You can also replace the backings from the cheap souvenir type ones for better quality ones that don't fall off that easily.

The colour of the shirt isn't very tactical at night when you're trying to remain unseen, the dark blue sweater over top works really well. I know it's a bit of a pain in the summer but it's also the middle of the night when you'd be wearing it. Unfortunately they seem to be permanently back ordered on the sweaters. If you want one you can order one similar to the RCMP issued one from DS Tactical.
Take care and stay safe.

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

Pacemaker
Rookie Member

Postby Pacemaker » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:25 am

Can anyone post a photo of the new RCMP pants, or describe what they are going to be like? The e-mail I received isn't very clear.

Chris_53

Postby Chris_53 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:57 pm

DRISCOLL wrote:
MB_RCMP wrote:I hope that when they release the new shirts that they are a thicker material, have velcro for the shirt pockets, and can carry the weight of a notebook without being uncomfortable, looking stupid, and sagging down the whole front of the shirt. Maybe the RCMP should look to CPS and other police services to get an idea of what they should do.

Again.... I am praying that they come out with a cargo pant... but I'm not holding my breath.

i got two of the new shirts, and had i known they were so crappy, i wouldn't have wasted my OWN money on them. they seem thinner than the previous ones. when i held it up to the light, i could practically see through it. not to mention, the velcro name tag looks like shit on them. Complete garbage. if they switch to blue shirts, than it will probably look okay, but i'm not too keen on that idea either. i know there's a huge difference of opinion about that, but i like the shirts the way they were, although a thicker material would last longer and look better.

as for cargo pants, i welcome the idea and i hope they get approved, so i won't have to change out of the ones i wear now every time management flys into town.

rd

I just ordered a new LS shirt a month back in hopes I would get one with the velcro so I could get rid of the pins against my chest and just my luck I got a thinner, cheaper looking shirt minus any velcro. I agree I don't think the blue velcro name tags look sharp but I just want to rid myself of the pin tags at this point.
Pacemaker wrote:Can anyone post a photo of the new RCMP pants, or describe what they are going to be like? The e-mail I received isn't very clear.

I don't have a photo, and other than being certain we're definitely not getting cargos, the vague description of the new pants being washable with more usable pockets (does anyone else think they just moved the pockets a few inches down?) is all I can give you.

psukan
Rookie Member

Postby psukan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Did we not get an e-mail a little while ago saying we are getting even "better" shirts? Redesigned pants? And new ballistic vests with new carriers? Anyone have any idea what they are going to look like? As for the pants, I just suck it up and order some from derks. The force should just go with their pants. I also liked the e-mail as it said we are not getting ball caps, because the forge cap is sufficient....but traffic services is allowed to wear them? Odd.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:39 pm

I heard that your new vest carriers are going to be red, just to give more contrast :lol:
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

el_prez
Grand Poobah

Postby el_prez » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:59 pm

psukan wrote:Did we not get an e-mail a little while ago saying we are getting even "better" shirts? Redesigned pants? And new ballistic vests with new carriers? Anyone have any idea what they are going to look like? As for the pants, I just suck it up and order some from derks. The force should just go with their pants. I also liked the e-mail as it said we are not getting ball caps, because the forge cap is sufficient....but traffic services is allowed to wear them? Odd.

We're getting the HBA, but I didn't hear anything about a new carrier to go with it. That would be really, really nice, but I think it's wishful thinking.
"Did someone dial 9-1-holysh*t?!"

CDM
Rookie Member

Postby CDM » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:58 pm

ya I wont hold my breath

Canadian Blue
King Poobah

Postby Canadian Blue » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:35 pm

I hope that when they release the new shirts that they are a thicker material, have velcro for the shirt pockets, and can carry the weight of a notebook without being uncomfortable, looking stupid, and sagging down the whole front of the shirt.

I've always preferred the look of wearing an internal vest up until I put anything in my breast pockets.

I'm hoping for a newer better shirt (regardless of the colour), cargo pants with pockets where you can put gloves, extra ket, nylon external vest, etc. Unfortunately I'm a cynic and I doubt we'll see any major changes when it comes to our uniform for a long time.

gotchya

Postby gotchya » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 am

Sort of a revival of an old thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sATuUjhwVY
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

dataec
Poobah Overlord

Postby dataec » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:25 pm

I just watched the youtube clip.

Funny, I didn't think it was funny.

On the other hand, it really DID look/sound pathetic.

Jim Street
Poobah Overlord

Postby Jim Street » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:48 pm

edit

don't want offend Rick Mercer fans.

CBC still sucks
Last edited by Jim Street on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.