New RCMP Shirts

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Braddock54
Rookie Member

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Braddock54 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:24 am

Did someone just say that RCMP shirts are good quality? We must be wearing different stuff. I wish they would rid those grey POS garbage bags into outer space.

Issue Cargos - junk. Now they are just business slacks with cargo pockets. Order from the company in Edmonton and be done with it. Too bad 5.11 doesn't do a yellow stripe - they should.

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Wed May 28, 2014 9:12 am

Braddock54 wrote:Did someone just say that RCMP shirts are good quality? We must be wearing different stuff. I wish they would rid those grey POS garbage bags into outer space.

Issue Cargos - junk. Now they are just business slacks with cargo pockets. Order from the company in Edmonton and be done with it. Too bad 5.11 doesn't do a yellow stripe - they should.

What business in Edmonton makes pants? Do they make the yellow stripe? Maybe 5.11can make a special deal and put stripes on?

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:05 pm

I have seen members here sawing their own stripes on the TAC pants. Some got in shit some didn't. I guess it's up to the NCO and mostly even your team mates.

I have seen some back stubbing for use of unauthorized kit.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

goalieman
Rookie Member

Postby goalieman » Wed May 28, 2014 11:52 pm

I've has the same pants I purchased at the edmonton store for 6 years. Still looking good. Issue pants don't even compare

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Thu May 29, 2014 8:38 am

Tango5 wrote:I have seen members here sawing their own stripes on the TAC pants. Some got in shit some didn't. I guess it's up to the NCO and mostly even your team mates.

I have seen some back stubbing for use of unauthorized kit.

Instead of back stabbing imagine if all officers did the same thing? Then maybe. A message would be sent that, hey update our kit!

nubbsy
Rookie Member
Location: Obstacles are the things you see when you lose sight of the goal.

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:40 am

IndictableChaser wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Not sure if I got the updated stuff or not but the kit I got was 2 short sleeve shirts 2 long sleeve 2 pairs of pants that have yet to come so I just ordered my own ( I am auxiliary so no yellow stripe, but not allowed to wear cargo pants) 2 jackets and 2 pairs of boots. No poky name tag just the Velcro on type. I find all of the kit very comfortable and the shirts are of good quality.

Is the no stripe for aux thing dependent on region?

Auxiliary uniforms must be visibly different from the department they are serving under, in the case of the RCMP we wear solid blue pants, a solid blue hat and have auxiliary patches other than that the uniform is the same. Tango I haven't been issued all of my blue serge yet but the auxiliaries that do have it, have solid blue pants, with a yellow waist belt are yours different?
It's not why we fall that defines us, it's what we do when we get back up.
Career Presentation. 14-07-07
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
RMAQ Phone interview. 14-10-09 passed
File at panel review.passed
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:05 am

... Tango I haven't been issued all of my blue serge yet but the auxiliaries that do have it, have solid blue pants, with a yellow waist belt are yours different?

Yes. We got issued stripe pants for the serge.. It's been approved for a while now.

nubbsy
Rookie Member

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Tango5 wrote:
... Tango I haven't been issued all of my blue serge yet but the auxiliaries that do have it, have solid blue pants, with a yellow waist belt are yours different?

Yes. We got issued stripe pants for the serge.. It's been approved for a while now.

I will have to inquire about it, most of us got issued hats with a yellow stripe with a blue piece of fabric we had to sew on over the yellow. No matter what the uniform, I'm just happy to be helping and making a difference.
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:11 pm

The forage stays blue.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Btw..

Arm patches come Off and the golden, metal RCMP-GRC tags [as I call them :)] get to go On the shoulders.

My biggest Pet Peeve > Do it right, don't be looking sloppy ;)

... Look sharp and act professional, Always!

nubbsy
Rookie Member

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:06 am

Tango5 wrote:Btw..

Arm patches come Off and the golden, metal RCMP-GRC tags [as I call them :)] get to go On the shoulders.

My biggest Pet Peeve > Do it right, don't be looking sloppy ;)

... Look sharp and act professional, Always!

I agree 100%.
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

Spidey
Rookie Member

Postby Spidey » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:31 am

Tailoring shirts is a must, although 55% of the unit cost is not practical since the shirts are worth 20 bucks a pop.. you aren't going to get them slimmed and fitted properly for 10 bucks... but if you have a sewing machine and a wife that can use it, it isn't hard to take in the sides and arms of a shirt.. or just get them custom ordered directly from kit and clothing.

As for the cargos. Like everything in the RCMP, they were made for the obese.... I have colleagues that have bought their own 511 PDU's and brought it to a tailor to have the yellow stripe sewn on... Depends on the NCO, but ours doesn't mind as he has done the same thing! I will be doing that later this year as well. I would rather have an allowance each year on kit (including tailoring costs), than a limit on each kit item.... that way I would get what I need and look good in it. Realistically 5 shirts would last me at least 2-3 years. Ive had my original shirts from Depot (2.5 years now), and the long sleeves have another year on them.. and the short sleeves probably 2 years...
Ex Mountie.... on to GREENER pastures!

badbrad

Postby badbrad » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:41 pm

Order new kit before you go for block training at Depot. Depot tailor shop will do them while you are there. Or they used to.. Maybe it will take a few weeks to do now as ramp up. Can always get some one pick them up for ya.

Braddock54
Rookie Member

Postby Braddock54 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:18 am

I just ordered some new long sleeves. Same size as I what I had before. I'm the same size. The shirts have way less excess in the front back and sides that always required a lot of tucking, or in some members...the muffin top thing. They fit a lot better. The lot quality with the outfit seems to be improving over the past eight years I've been in.

Now if only footwear would catch up. Or least give us a bit more than what would cover Wal Mart boots.

Spidey
Rookie Member

Postby Spidey » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Braddock54 wrote:I just ordered some new long sleeves. Same size as I what I had before. I'm the same size. The shirts have way less excess in the front back and sides that always required a lot of tucking, or in some members...the muffin top thing. They fit a lot better. The lot quality with the outfit seems to be improving over the past eight years I've been in.

Now if only footwear would catch up. Or least give us a bit more than what would cover Wal Mart boots.

The shirts come in full or regular... I am pretty sure Depot just outfitted people with the full or whatever size to get rid of excess stock..... As for boots.. you are allotted 150 prior to tax every year for winter boots.. If you are posted in an area where you really don't need winter boots, you can just use the 150 allotment for a good pair of year round boots every 2 years.... You can get a pretty good pair of duty boots for that price (at least online).. worst case, you pay the difference... I have a pair of underarmour speed freeks and i love them.. Great for all seasons (In Vancouver).. are gortex and breathe great.
Ex Mountie.... on to GREENER pastures!