New RCMP Shirts

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Mike_from_BC
Rookie Member

New RCMP Shirts

Postby Mike_from_BC » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:55 am

Just ordered some new shirts for my month in Whistler, and the patrol shirts now have a piece of velcro above the right pocket to attach a SBA blue nametag! Can we finally get rid of those stupid pokey plastic things that NEVER stayed on?? I was hoping that the pockets would have been velcro too, but nope, just the silly nametag. The RCMP is all about progress right? Anyone heard anything else on new shirts coming out, or new kit??

Mike_from_BC
Rookie Member

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Mike_from_BC » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:13 pm

So you were punished for losing weight :ponder: Makes you wonder! I've been transferred to a plain clothes section so maybe by the time I put a uniform back on we'll have some decent stuff to wear (that I don't have to purchase with my own money!). Good to know they're at least testing some new blues - so we should see them in Alberta in about 10 years right??

Mike_from_BC
Rookie Member

Postby Mike_from_BC » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Ahhh, gotcha :)

Mark S
Poobah Overlord

Postby Mark S » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:56 pm

I got a re-issue of blue plastic name tags that don't actually fall off, its kinda nice.
Welcome to Winnipeg. We were born here, what's your excuse?

ocelot
Rookie Member

Postby ocelot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Are the new blues machine washable?

MB_RCMP
Sage Member

Postby MB_RCMP » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:17 pm

I hope that when they release the new shirts that they are a thicker material, have velcro for the shirt pockets, and can carry the weight of a notebook without being uncomfortable, looking stupid, and sagging down the whole front of the shirt. Maybe the RCMP should look to CPS and other police services to get an idea of what they should do.

Again.... I am praying that they come out with a cargo pant... but I'm not holding my breath.
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the RCMP way - which is usually synonymous with the wrong way, just with more paperwork.

Jim Street
Poobah Overlord

Postby Jim Street » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Your pants aren't cargo?
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

MB_RCMP
Sage Member

Postby MB_RCMP » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Nope... we're issued polyester dress pants - dry-clean only.

I sadly buy my own pants, which are cargo pants, because this outfit issues crap. Because of where I am, it really doesn't matter as nobody sees me. If I were elsewhere down south, I would be in trouble.
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the RCMP way - which is usually synonymous with the wrong way, just with more paperwork.

Jim Street
Poobah Overlord

Postby Jim Street » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Yeah that makes sense.....cargoes are a must. Nice regulations :thumbsup:
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

RJB
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby RJB » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 pm

MB_RCMP wrote:Maybe the RCMP should look to CPS and other police services to get an idea of what they should do.
I agree. CPS has some excellent kit for us.. I have no complaints at all. And 3 free uniform shirts every year. I just blew all you mounties' minds!

Jim Street
Poobah Overlord

Postby Jim Street » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Only three? That's not very many.

Federal CO

Postby Federal CO » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 pm

MB_RCMP wrote:I hope that when they release the new shirts that they are a thicker material, have velcro for the shirt pockets, and can carry the weight of a notebook without being uncomfortable, looking stupid, and sagging down the whole front of the shirt.

You could always develope a chest to prevent that :smirk:
Very good. But brick not hit back!