A.T.R.'s Duty Knives Thread

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
A.T.R.
King Poobah

Re: A.T.R.'s Duty Knives Thread

Postby A.T.R. » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:10 pm

The 11 I returned, wasn't right for some reason........but the 15 is the ultimate tanto recurve.

At the USN GTG the other week, my Buck 119 and Surefire E2 went for a walk and did not return.

And something SOCFK-A flavour might be on the way.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:22 pm

A.T.R. wrote:At the USN GTG the other week, my Buck 119 and Surefire E2 went for a walk and did not return.

You mean someone ran off with them?
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:45 pm

They went into the pass around rotation and I didn't take stock of all that came back. These two may not have made it back home. Im still trying to look for them before I determine someone has them.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Sumo_CPO
Seasoned Member

Postby Sumo_CPO » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:20 pm

That sucks, bro. :twitch:

Tried calling you this evening, but alas, you were not around. I believe I spoke with your daughter, who was an exceptionally polite young lady. :thumbsup:
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

NatWood

Postby NatWood » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Anybody score some stuff at the ongoing Warriors and Wonders sale?
I think it ends at the end of this month.
I was hoping for a Spyderco Shabaria to go on sale but no such luck :(

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Got my uncle a nice Spyderco Manix2 from our friends at S&R knives. Good christmas gift I think. Everyone needs a good a knife, right? And every good knife post deserves a picture attached...

Sumo_CPO
Seasoned Member

Postby Sumo_CPO » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:57 am

Good choice with the Manix. I'm guessing your uncle was suitably impressed?
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Sumo_CPO wrote:Good choice with the Manix. I'm guessing your uncle was suitably impressed?

After he opened it he kept asking everyone if they needed help opening their gifts, and then spent dinner practicing opening it. So he seemed to like it.

genesis563
Rookie Member

Postby genesis563 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am

Well guys. I've never posted on this thread as of yet but I've been reading it for a while and learned a lot doing so. I called up Jay from W&W and I'm going to take the plunge and get me a Emerson CQC-15 BTS. This is going to be my first knife however so i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good practice knife similar to the CQC-15 but a lot cheaper. I don't know if its possible but i really don't wanna screw up my blade sharpening it for the first time or anything else of the sort.
Genesis

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:13 am

genesis563 wrote:Well guys. I've never posted on this thread as of yet but I've been reading it for a while and learned a lot doing so. I called up Jay from W&W and I'm going to take the plunge and get me a Emerson CQC-15 BTS. This is going to be my first knife however so i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good practice knife similar to the CQC-15 but a lot cheaper. I don't know if its possible but i really don't wanna screw up my blade sharpening it for the first time or anything else of the sort.
Genesis

That is my dream blade. They have them in stock?
Take it somewhere to be sharpened!
If your looking for a less costly blade get a spiderco endrua 4 with the spiderco sharpening system.

genesis563
Rookie Member

Postby genesis563 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 pm

No he actually doesn't have any in stock. But i finally managed to scrape up the money to get one and called him up to get a bit of basic info on the knife. I am considering the satin finish serrated blade instead of the black blade. While I'm on the subject, is the satin finish real shiny or sorta mat? If its reflective I'll wait for him to get the BTS back in stock again.

TwE@k
Seasoned Member

Postby TwE@k » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:56 pm

genesis563 wrote:No he actually doesn't have any in stock. But i finally managed to scrape up the money to get one and called him up to get a bit of basic info on the knife. I am considering the satin finish serrated blade instead of the black blade. While I'm on the subject, is the satin finish real shiny or sorta mat? If its reflective I'll wait for him to get the BTS back in stock again.

Satin finished blades are a bit shiny but not reflective if that's what you mean. I think the 15 comes in stonewash too (I still like the black finish though).
WADDAYA MEAN I CAN'T TAKE OFF MY SWEADDER??? I'M HAWT!!!! - Drunken Mr.Rogers

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:07 pm

The 15 will not be available for some time.

Do yourself a favour and get a CQC7B. I prefer non-waved for that knife. Tanto blade, real nice in the hand, and just the right size.

genesis563
Rookie Member

Postby genesis563 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:14 pm

I really love the CQC7 as well but i'm VERY hesitant about the chisel grind on the tanto... I really want a good knife for military and i don't know if the chisel grind will be best. That's why i chose to go with the 15 cause it has a modified tanto tip, a good belly and a v grind. Perhaps you could enlighten me? I don't want to spend over 200$, i want some sort of tanto blade (cause i love them) and as for the rest, i'm open to discussion.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 pm

I like the stonewash. It is a nice matte finish.
The satin is very much brighter.
I think there is a long wait on anything new coming from Emerson for a number of reasons.
I scored the last new Commander I have seen available. Nobody knows when more Emersons will be available :(