3D printed Duty TDU Belt accessories

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

TheSlav
Rookie Member

3D printed Duty TDU Belt accessories

Postby TheSlav » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi guys and gals,

I'm curious if any professional on here has ever 3D printed themselves or bought any accessories for their Duty TDU Belt.

I was tired of dinky leather/fabric Velcro holders that always ripped and broke in some fashion. I happened to be getting into 3D printing as a hobby and it wasn't until my mind opened with the possibilities of such an amazing technology.

I've only played around with one design for my duty belt. I'm curious if anyone else on here has played with this idea.

Here are some pictures of my Leatherman Wave & Anker LC40 Flashlight Holster for the duty belt:

Application: 12/10/2018
Test: 01/31/2019
Test Results: 02/11/2019
Interview: 03/21/2019
CTP:
Psych Evaluation:
Finger and Medical:
Letter of interest:
Job Offer:

Tommy
King Poobah

Re: 3D printed Duty TDU Belt accessories

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 am

I guess my only concern would be if they would be able to hold up to the abuse of front line work.

I know 3D printing has come a long way in the last few years, but how would it stack up to, say... Kydex or other commercially made synthetic holders?
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

TheSlav
Rookie Member

Re: 3D printed Duty TDU Belt accessories

Postby TheSlav » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:11 am

Tommy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 am
I guess my only concern would be if they would be able to hold up to the abuse of front line work.

I know 3D printing has come a long way in the last few years, but how would it stack up to, say... Kydex or other commercially made synthetic holders?
Great question and concern to have.

Here's a great article which should answer any questions you may have. Keep in mind though, the there's are lots of companies who have their own brand of plastics for 3D printing use. So this article may only show the strength of one material they are reviewing, meanwhile there is stronger material out there.

https://3dprint.com/159488/matterhacker ... ment-test/
Application: 12/10/2018
Test: 01/31/2019
Test Results: 02/11/2019
Interview: 03/21/2019
CTP:
Psych Evaluation:
Finger and Medical:
Letter of interest:
Job Offer: