black hawk med pouch?

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
TacticalPotato
Rookie Member

black hawk med pouch?

Postby TacticalPotato » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:25 pm

can someone direct me to where i could buy the blackhawk med pouches i see tps wearing on their molle.

thanks
POLICE CONSTABLE
BCT-1719

“Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” —George Herbert

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: black hawk med pouch?

Postby Dave Brown » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Not sure which one they use exactly, and you can't link in this forum to retailers anyway, but there are lots of choices for good med pouches.

I wrote the article on IFAKs for police officers back a few years ago, and there are even more really good choices today, in a variety of colours. I am sure I can steer you towards some good ones if you PM me.

The one thing to remember about med pouches is that sizes and quality vary, and you are the only one who knows what exactly you want to stick in your kit and where you want to carry it. Some officers use a separate pouch for a tourniquet and a more compact kit for the izzy, hemostatic dressing and chest seals. Others want all four items in one kit.

If this is your first IFAK (and I salute you for thinking about one - every armed officer or anyone who carries a firearm for a living should have one on their person) only you can decide what to carry. I go with minimal kit (TQ, combat bandage, hemostatic gauze, chest seals, knife or EMS shears, sharpie) because the more research I did for that article, the more I had professional EMS, combat med techs and emergency room physicians advise me that less is more. The more experienced the combat medic, the less they would recommend be carried in an individual kit designed for the minimally trained person. (Remember ... your kit is not for saving someone else's life - it is primarily designed for someone else to save YOUR life.)

https://www.blueline.ca/news-stories/features/you-only-have-minutes-why-every-officer-needs-an-individual-first-aid-kit-5294

There is a great thread in the private forums on IFAKs and you can get a good view on what people carry and why.

TacticalPotato
Rookie Member

Re: black hawk med pouch?

Postby TacticalPotato » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Great post/article. I will PM regarding some options for myself. Thanks!

Dave Brown wrote:Not sure which one they use exactly, and you can't link in this forum to retailers anyway, but there are lots of choices for good med pouches.

I wrote the article on IFAKs for police officers back a few years ago, and there are even more really good choices today, in a variety of colours. I am sure I can steer you towards some good ones if you PM me.

The one thing to remember about med pouches is that sizes and quality vary, and you are the only one who knows what exactly you want to stick in your kit and where you want to carry it. Some officers use a separate pouch for a tourniquet and a more compact kit for the izzy, hemostatic dressing and chest seals. Others want all four items in one kit.

If this is your first IFAK (and I salute you for thinking about one - every armed officer or anyone who carries a firearm for a living should have one on their person) only you can decide what to carry. I go with minimal kit (TQ, combat bandage, hemostatic gauze, chest seals, knife or EMS shears, sharpie) because the more research I did for that article, the more I had professional EMS, combat med techs and emergency room physicians advise me that less is more. The more experienced the combat medic, the less they would recommend be carried in an individual kit designed for the minimally trained person. (Remember ... your kit is not for saving someone else's life - it is primarily designed for someone else to save YOUR life.)

https://www.blueline.ca/news-stories/features/you-only-have-minutes-why-every-officer-needs-an-individual-first-aid-kit-5294

There is a great thread in the private forums on IFAKs and you can get a good view on what people carry and why.
POLICE CONSTABLE
BCT-1719

“Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” —George Herbert