Idiot Drivers

Police traffic discussion, ideas, and personal stories (humourous or informative).
Mandeep 81
Rookie Member

Idiot Drivers

Postby Mandeep 81 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:59 pm

This is direceted more towards anyone thats with law enforcment in the lower mainland.......Cant they do anything about these idiots. I mean sure I had a 'Stang too but I mean I had the brains to do that kinda stuff at the track and not in a parking lot where I could have hit god knows how many cars or people for that matter. Can't the cops do something for something like this?..................
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.asp ... F1E9B3F457
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.asp ... 92060F1804

Mandeep 81
Rookie Member

Postby Mandeep 81 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:01 pm

whoops, they were the same video, just a little bit of it was cut off before.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:13 pm

Bet the tire shops do a booming business! ;)

Kinda interesting that they doing this during the daylight hours. :?

It looks like someone did do something in the first clip, unless that Crown Vic was going to have a go at burning rubber? :P
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:14 pm

The only crime there was the music...

Oh and also everything else they were doing...

Mandeep 81
Rookie Member

Postby Mandeep 81 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:15 pm

Well what I meant was cant they shut these kinda things down?? Cause I was also part of the website that these people are on but they keep doing it and they advertise on the net that theyre going to meet up somewhere adn then street race somewhere else. I dont know if that makes sense or not but whatever.

SGSpilot
Rookie Member

Postby SGSpilot » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:40 am

Mandeep81, I dont know about Vancouver, but here in Delta the most annoying people are the ones with the lowered imports with the bloody subwoofers making your car two lanes over vibrate and the tinted front windows. those things get on my nerves. Fortunatly, most of the muslce car guys make the trek to Langley on the weekends.

KevinH
Grand Poobah

Postby KevinH » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:59 am

I would think that if its on private property, with the owner's consent, there's not a whole lot the police could do (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Some nice cars there though - too bad that they're owned by a bunch of shorty-long-backs....(mullet heads).

Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah

Postby Dave Jenkins » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:19 pm

I would think that there are a few things that could be used (in a pinch) here. Although some of what I saw appeared to be on a public road and if so your Traffic Act should have something to apply then there are noise by-laws and creating noxious fumes (tire smoke) if one wants to get creative. The one segment showed a lot of bystanders in close proximity and that to me would suggest a C.C. Dangerous Driving charge might apply as when he releases the brake lock it is conceivable the car might careen into the crowd.

If this stuff is taking place on private property these yahoos have to come and go via public roads. Some how I doubt they'd drive properly to and from and the coppers could have a field day.

Sooner or later something will bring it to an end. Just hope it won't be the death of an innocent bystander!
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
-Mahatma Gandhi

LUKE78
Rookie Member

Postby LUKE78 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:35 pm

To my knowledge the parking lots near spanish banks is accessible by the public at almost all times of the day.Theres actually a few of them which strech out for a bit.My concern is alot of people run,walk,bike,and sit near where all of this took place.Its only a matter of time when one of these 3000kg machines losses control and runs over someone getting out of a car or just walking by.As for the road just near by its a very narrow , uneven , pot holed two way road that when doing the unexpected could result in serious injuries.People driving through there speed all the time whether its on a motor bike or car and i barely see the police going through there.Its unfortunate because the drive through there on a nice clear day is very nice with the beach,ocean,and mountains all surrounding you.These guys aren't the first to meet up there , all other car , truck, and bike clubs gather there to show off what they got.

ACE

Mark P
Rookie Member

Postby Mark P » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:16 pm

Nice cars... I want one...

Well not that one stanger that had the 22 inch chromes on it. That just looked stupid...

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Clearly those are people with more money than brains.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:53 pm

WorkingOnIt wrote:Clearly those are people with more money than brains.

This is how they end up Image

Mark P
Rookie Member

Postby Mark P » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:52 pm

well one could say that some of them must have half a brain since they can afford those cars and mods. I mean heck, there is no way all their mommy's/daddy's paid for them.

RJB
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby RJB » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:18 pm

KevinH wrote:I would think that if its on private property, with the owner's consent, there's not a whole lot the police could do (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
If the parking lot was near an actual road I would issue a stunting ticket.. as burning rubber is distracting to users of the highway. $402.