Traffic Tickets

Police traffic discussion, ideas, and personal stories (humourous or informative).

How many traffic tickets have you received?

Zero
26%
28%
16%
9%
4%
5-6
10%
7-10
3%
>10
4%

Total votes: 135

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:10 pm

AnotherBeginning wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:Ok, they suspended my account because I was such a loud mouth, but they told me that they suspended my account until I became a CJ student. I still have the email somewhere, should you need evidence.

Image lol, keep digging that hole...

I don't even know why they bother bringing up old shit. They need to stop living in the past and look towards the future.
Sed libera nos a malo.

WILLPOWER
Rookie Member

Postby WILLPOWER » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:19 pm

Only 1...

On my first trip to Montreal I passed on a line reserved for Bus Only.

There was 5 police cars waiting for people like me at the set of light

$175 :shock: No Merit Points Loss.
RCMP North West region

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:28 pm

WILLPOWER wrote:Only 1...

On my first trip to Montreal I passed on a line reserved for Bus Only.

There was 5 police cars waiting for people like me at the set of light

$175 :shock: No Merit Points Loss.

That is pretty steep.
Sed libera nos a malo.

jaymalo_eh

Postby jaymalo_eh » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:54 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:I don't even know why they bother bringing up old shit. They need to stop living in the past and look towards the future.

Because past behaviours are a good indicator of future behaviours...that's why police services do extensive backgrounds on applicants and ask about all your past "indescretions".
Meh...

exkalibur
Rookie Member

Postby exkalibur » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:34 pm

I put down 2. In reality, it should be 3 but one of them was later determined to be issued in error (CPIC showed my D/L as expired but the officer was too lazy to search on MTO which showed it was valid - this was around the time of the OPSEU strike a few years back, so it was dismissed).

First one was a red-light ticket at Bathurst and the 407 - the roads were very slippery (ice) and I wasn't able to stop in time for the red. A meter-maid (407 pay-duty OPP) saw me and pulled me over, ticket reduced to improper stop by JP.

Second one was for a "turn contrary to posted sign" - I made a left where I shouldn't have - due to an accident that was blocking the road a few hundred feet away - it's still before the court (haven't had my day despite it being well over a year now).

exkalibur
Rookie Member

Postby exkalibur » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:41 pm

Bookm wrote:It's not my fault the only affordable cars for us teenagers in the early 80's were tar-rippin' muscle cars left over from the 60's... hence 20 tickets (+/-)... but beat some in court. Not ONE violation negatively affected another driver (no accidents) so in my opinion, I have a clean record. :angel:

Who would you rather ride with: the nice lady next door who only has one ticket her whole life (but earned it by causing a 10-car pileup), or me with my trunk-load of tickets but zero accidents?

I don't think you can catagorize driver skill/risk simply by asking how many tickets they've had. You should be asking how many accidents they've caused.

Hmm. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you're either 1) not very old or 2) have a hardon against the HTA.

You having zero accidents and a "truck load" of tickets just means you've been lucky. Luck runs out, bad driving however does not.

exkalibur
Rookie Member

Postby exkalibur » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:44 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:That is pretty steep.

$175 steep? If they're going to put up bus only lanes (or the new HOV lanes on the 404 and 403 up here), they need to make it so much of a steep fine that it's not worth the risk for people. Personally, I'd like to see a minimum $500 and 3 points for getting nailed in one of those lanes.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:18 pm

exkalibur wrote:I put down 2. In reality, it should be 3 but one of them was later determined to be issued in error (CPIC showed my D/L as expired but the officer was too lazy to search on MTO which showed it was valid - this was around the time of the OPSEU strike a few years back, so it was dismissed).

First one was a red-light ticket at Bathurst and the 407 - the roads were very slippery (ice) and I wasn't able to stop in time for the red. A meter-maid (407 pay-duty OPP) saw me and pulled me over, ticket reduced to improper stop by JP.

Second one was for a "turn contrary to posted sign" - I made a left where I shouldn't have - due to an accident that was blocking the road a few hundred feet away - it's still before the court (haven't had my day despite it being well over a year now).

Looks like we are off to a good start on here. :roll:

exkalibur wrote:
Bookm wrote:It's not my fault the only affordable cars for us teenagers in the early 80's were tar-rippin' muscle cars left over from the 60's... hence 20 tickets (+/-)... but beat some in court. Not ONE violation negatively affected another driver (no accidents) so in my opinion, I have a clean record. :angel:

Who would you rather ride with: the nice lady next door who only has one ticket her whole life (but earned it by causing a 10-car pileup), or me with my trunk-load of tickets but zero accidents?

I don't think you can catagorize driver skill/risk simply by asking how many tickets they've had. You should be asking how many accidents they've caused.

Hmm. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you're either 1) not very old or 2) have a hardon against the HTA.

You having zero accidents and a "truck load" of tickets just means you've been lucky. Luck runs out, bad driving however does not.

Don't worry about Bookm, Cam has assisted him (on National TV) to understand that "Faster is NOT Safer". ;)
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

exkalibur
Rookie Member

Postby exkalibur » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:27 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:Looks like we are off to a good start on here. :roll:

LoL! Those aren't my words. The MTO person I spoke to told me (pretty much word for word) "had the officer bothered to push a few extra keys he'd have seen your license is valid" and an officer friend of mine said pretty much everyone calls the 407 officers "meter-maids".

But yea :)

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:41 pm

exkalibur wrote:
Respond Wayne wrote:Looks like we are off to a good start on here. :roll:

LoL! Those aren't my words. The MTO person I spoke to told me (pretty much word for word) "had the officer bothered to push a few extra keys he'd have seen your license is valid" and an officer friend of mine said pretty much everyone calls the 407 officers "meter-maids".

But yea :)

I see... so the other burning question is... where the heck is "Toront, Ontario"? (your location)
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

exkalibur
Rookie Member

Postby exkalibur » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm

It's just left of the City of Typo :)

exkalibur
Rookie Member

Postby exkalibur » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:27 pm

Probably :)

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:36 pm

Everyone is jumping off cliffs??? I am so there!
:wave: