Traffic Tickets

Police traffic discussion, ideas, and personal stories (humourous or informative).

How many traffic tickets have you received?

Zero
26%
28%
16%
9%
4%
5-6
10%
7-10
3%
>10
4%

Total votes: 135

Steve French

Postby Steve French » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:07 am

72 in a 50 when i was 17.

right in front of the girlfriend's house, her dad wasn't home which is why I'm alive to tell this story today.

:P

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:40 am

1 from about six years ago I guess. Photo radar going 66 in a 50.

Footpad
Rookie Member

Postby Footpad » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:17 pm

one is 28 over, fighting it off since the officer said he would take off the points

Just curious but what is going to be your argument?

I am only asking because I only tried to fight one ticket and the simple question of "were you speeding?" kind of blew holes in any argument I came up with. :D
Stress: the suppression of the urge to choke the living shit out of someone who desperately needs it.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:39 pm

Speeding is speeding. If you were speeding, then you're guilty. Pay your damn speeding ticket and take the points! That's the cost of speeding.

I had an insight the other day at work. Driving faster doesn't actually get you somewhere all that much faster. All it does is add more stress and frustration into your life and starts costing you mistakes that put you further behind, just like trying to pour coffee super fast. So then I decided to work and drive slower to avoid added any additional stress to my life.

BTW: 10 over the limit is still speeding.
Sed libera nos a malo.

Steve French

Postby Steve French » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:52 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:I had an insight the other day at work. Driving faster doesn't actually get you somewhere all that much faster. All it does is add more stress and frustration into your life and starts costing you mistakes that put you further behind, just like trying to pour coffee super fast. So then I decided to work and drive slower to avoid added any additional stress to my life.

you could always just leave 10 minues earlier.......

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:58 pm

Steve French wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:I had an insight the other day at work. Driving faster doesn't actually get you somewhere all that much faster. All it does is add more stress and frustration into your life and starts costing you mistakes that put you further behind, just like trying to pour coffee super fast. So then I decided to work and drive slower to avoid added any additional stress to my life.

you could always just leave 10 minues earlier.......

But then I'd have to wake up ten minutes earlier or skip breakfast. I drive the speed limit and I still get to work with 15 minutes to kill. When I sped I got to work with 18 minutes to kill, but the parking lot would be full so I'd have to spend that extra 3 minutes waiting for a parking spot.

You're missing my entire point.
Sed libera nos a malo.

Starsky

Postby Starsky » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:00 pm

I thought we agreed that nobody gives a crap and you wouldn't talk about your stupidity anymore.

Nobody cares about your driving, past or future. Yet you still continue to friggen seek attention by talking about it and NOW trying to spread advice about driving?

You're the last person anybody should take driving advice from. You can't go more than six months without having some type of police involvement related to your driving. Just give it up.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:02 pm

Starsky wrote:I thought we agreed that nobody gives a crap and you wouldn't talk about your stupidity anymore.

Nobody cares about your driving, past or future. Yet you still continue to friggen seek attention by talking about it and NOW trying to spread advice about driving?

You're the last person anybody should take driving advice from. You can't go more than six months without having some type of police involvement related to your driving. Just give it up.

I can make it 6 months.

It's not like your holier than thou advice seems to be taken either.
Sed libera nos a malo.

Starsky

Postby Starsky » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:14 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:
Starsky wrote:I thought we agreed that nobody gives a crap and you wouldn't talk about your stupidity anymore.

I can make it 6 months.

I could care less if my advice is taken or not. I only offer it up when I have something that makes sense to say.

You run on about your stupidity all the time and it's quite frankly very annoying. Go look for attention somewhere else.

Steve French

Postby Steve French » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:24 pm

Starsky wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:

I can make it 6 months.

I could care less if my advice is taken or not. I only offer it up when I have something that makes sense to say.

You run on about your stupidity all the time and it's quite frankly very annoying. Go look for attention somewhere else.

careful what you wish for, she'll register under a second name ask herself questions and answer them as her origianl personality a la o.com.

jaymalo_eh

Postby jaymalo_eh » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:03 pm

Steve French wrote:careful what you wish for, she'll register under a second name ask herself questions and answer them as her origianl personality a la o.com.

and a la 10-62.com
Meh...

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:11 pm

jaymalo_eh wrote:
Steve French wrote:careful what you wish for, she'll register under a second name ask herself questions and answer them as her origianl personality a la o.com.

and a la 10-62.com

That's not what happened.

What happened was they suspended my account until I became a CJ student and they told me that once I became a student I was welcome to return and they would re-activate my account. I became a CJ student sooner than I had originally planned, and when I emailed them to inform them, I never got a response, so I waited a month and sent another email. Then finally I got fed up with waiting that I just created a different account. I never lied about who I was. I never tried to do the two different people as one person thing. I just got tired of getting the run around.
Sed libera nos a malo.

jaymalo_eh

Postby jaymalo_eh » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:46 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:That's not what happened.

What happened was they suspended my account until I became a CJ student...

You keep telling yourself that ;)
Meh...

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:59 pm

jaymalo_eh wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:That's not what happened.

What happened was they suspended my account until I became a CJ student...

You keep telling yourself that ;)

Ok, they suspended my account because I was such a loud mouth, but they told me that they suspended my account until I became a CJ student. I still have the email somewhere, should you need evidence.
Sed libera nos a malo.

AnotherBeginning
Seasoned Member

Postby AnotherBeginning » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:12 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:Ok, they suspended my account because I was such a loud mouth, but they told me that they suspended my account until I became a CJ student. I still have the email somewhere, should you need evidence.

Image lol, keep digging that hole...