Page 9 of 10

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:47 pm
by Z#
:rolllaugh:

Oh, Gard. You make my mundane, internet discussion forum-filled day worthwhile!

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:06 pm
by Stinger
Gard wrote:One ticket for having thick, gorgeous hair,

One for excessive mackin' and unnecessary stylin'.

That is all.


Hey! Are you Jellin?

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:11 pm
by Pete Broccolo
I have had 2 tickets:

- First: Spring 1974 - Drive Without Due Care, reduced to Leave Stop Sign Before Safe, under the Ontario HTA, as the result of a collision. Occurred a half block from my High School just before classes began for the day. Hit a car owned by a fellow that had graduated from my HS a couple of years before. No injuries. Barely cosmetic damage to the beater I was driving; repairable damage to the other car. I had plead NG to the original charge, but plead G to the reduced charge;

- Second: Spring 1978 - Backing Around In An Intersection, under the Swift Current City Traffic By-Law. A citizen complained about my actions while I was in a marked PV after tagging them for Fail To Stop For Stop Sign. I plead out.

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:12 pm
by th
Pete Broccolo wrote:- Second: Spring 1978 - Backing Around In An Intersection, under the Swift Current City Traffic By-Law. A citizen complained about my actions while I was in a marked PV after tagging them for Fail To Stop For Stop Sign. I plead out.
A bylaw guy gave you a ticket for something you did while you were on-duty in a marked car???

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:17 pm
by Pete Broccolo
th wrote:
Pete Broccolo wrote:- Second: Spring 1978 - Backing Around In An Intersection, under the Swift Current City Traffic By-Law. A citizen complained about my actions while I was in a marked PV after tagging them for Fail To Stop For Stop Sign. I plead out.
A bylaw guy gave you a ticket for something you did while you were on-duty in a marked car???

Long story, but NOT a By-Law Enforcement Officer.

However, funnier short story to the above answer. I did stop and ticket the Parking By-Law Enforcement Officer for Swift Current re Fail to Wear Seat Belt sometime before my regrettable moment. As I served him his $25 ticket, he glared at me and growled, "You better never park downtown!" I was so small-colon-clearing upset, I nearly went out and bought a brand new pair of boots just so I could shake in 'em!

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:07 am
by Stannic
4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 am
by echo1
Stannic wrote:4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.


Nice forum opener.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:35 am
by TheWidowsSon
echo1 wrote:
Stannic wrote:4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.


Nice forum opener.


Ya, honesty -- We'll have none of that around here, young man!! :shame:

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:02 pm
by SD_SC1
Pete Broccolo wrote: I did stop and ticket the Parking By-Law Enforcement Officer for Swift Current re Fail to Wear Seat Belt sometime before my regrettable moment. As I served him his $25 ticket, he glared at me and growled, "You better never park downtown!"


$25 for a no seatbelt ticket? What year was that in?

Stannic wrote:4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.


Pfft! I've had more expensive years. ;)

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:11 pm
by devilwoman
That's not exactly something to be bragging about SD. :roll:

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:39 pm
by Stannic
SD_SC1 wrote:
Stannic wrote:4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.


Pfft! I've had more expensive years. ;)


Not proud of it, but I was "young and stupid". Explaining it to the insurance company was "fun"... ... ...lets just say come renewal time they were not pleased. :?

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:25 pm
by SD_SC1
Stannic wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:
Stannic wrote:4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.


Pfft! I've had more expensive years. ;)


Not proud of it, but I was "young and stupid". Explaining it to the insurance company was "fun"... ... ...lets just say come renewal time they were not pleased. :?


My insurance company didn't seem to give a rat's ass.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:42 pm
by Lavics79
I`ve learned my lesson. 9 years ago got stoped for doing 97 on a 90 at 2am. I knew I was at fault and he was doing his job. So I was polite and took it and paid for it.

Just last week, I was followed all the way to my house in the parking lot. Stoped me for having a burned out headlight. I didnt expect a ticket but I sure ran my ass to Canadian tire the next morning so I wouldnt be pushing my luck! :P

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:03 pm
by dusty
I`ve learned my lesson. 9 years ago got stoped for doing 97 on a 90 at 2am. I knew I was at fault and he was doing his job. So I was polite and took it and paid for it.


There must be more to it than that. I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed for 7 km/h over.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:06 pm
by Respond Wayne
:aye:

Took the words right off my keyboard!