Traffic Tickets

Police traffic discussion, ideas, and personal stories (humourous or informative).

How many traffic tickets have you received?

Zero
35
26%
1
38
28%
2
22
16%
3
12
9%
4
5
4%
5-6
13
10%
7-10
4
3%
>10
6
4%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:45 pm

Westcoast wrote:Don't bother asking about the first few years I was driving. :oops:

W

Now I'm curious of your first few years of driving.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Coke6pk
Regular Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:22 am
Location: Kitchener, ON
Contact:

Postby Coke6pk » Wed May 23, 2007 3:47 pm

Westcoast wrote:Zero tickets in the past 15.5 years of driving. :D
Don't bother asking about the first few years I was driving. :oops:

W


If it was anything like my first few years of driving (back when I was invincible :roll: ) we could both be SD_SC1 Jr's. :)

Coke

User avatar
Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:27 am
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Postby Boxer Dogs » Wed May 23, 2007 4:10 pm

Chewie wrote:
nkellof wrote:Zero tickets for me. Got a warning once for going through a late yellow.


Sinner.


:D

User avatar
CourtOfficer
Site Admin
Posts: 6094
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed May 23, 2007 9:54 pm

Coke6pk wrote:
Westcoast wrote:Zero tickets in the past 15.5 years of driving. :D
Don't bother asking about the first few years I was driving. :oops:

W


If it was anything like my first few years of driving (back when I was invincible :roll: ) we could both be SD_SC1 Jr's. :)

Coke


I was no SD_SC1, but was far from perfect!

CO

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:57 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:
Coke6pk wrote:
Westcoast wrote:Zero tickets in the past 15.5 years of driving. :D
Don't bother asking about the first few years I was driving. :oops:

W


If it was anything like my first few years of driving (back when I was invincible :roll: ) we could both be SD_SC1 Jr's. :)

Coke


I was no SD_SC1, but was far from perfect!

CO


I had my first traffic-related policial encounter when I was four and got caught riding in the back of our truck with my brother down to the boat launch.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed May 23, 2007 9:57 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:
Coke6pk wrote:
Westcoast wrote:Zero tickets in the past 15.5 years of driving. :D
Don't bother asking about the first few years I was driving. :oops:

W


If it was anything like my first few years of driving (back when I was invincible :roll: ) we could both be SD_SC1 Jr's. :)

Coke


I was no SD_SC1, but was far from perfect!

CO


:aye:

I'm with the big guy on this one... Been pretty good for quite some time now though! :angel:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:05 am

OPPAux wrote:
Moral of the story, don't speed.


In Saskatchewan a "simple speeding ticket" doesn't affect your safe driver points so your insurance doesn't change. When I asked why that was I was told that it's because simple speeding isn't seen as that much of a safety risk. :ponder:
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Everywhere you want to be.
Contact:

Postby NinjaNikki » Thu May 24, 2007 11:27 am

OPPAux wrote:Here's something interesting that I just found out last week, over a year since my one and only ticket in approximately 19 years of driving.

My auto insurance company is charging me a $104/year "Conviction Surcharge" each year for 3 years after the conviction.

So I got a $50 ticket and it's costing me $362 over three years because of one minor speeding ticket. OK, I'll accept that, I did it, no problem, I've learned my lesson the hard way and I'll take my lumps.

But here's the interesting part. I have a 7 star driving rating and this ticket did not affect that, however, if I get one more ticket within the three years of the first conviction, the $104/year doubles, so that's $624 over the three years plus the cost of the ticket, AND, my 7 star rating would drop to a 5 star rating which would increase my premiums by approximately $500-600 per year.

Now, I have no problem with this at all. The insurance company is a private corporation providing me with insurance and if they have the stats to justify charging convicted drivers more, so be it. But doesn't it seem like they are making, taking a second ticket to court a given even if I am guilty of the offence.

All I'm saying is that the system almost "forces" people to take tickets to court, because even at that rate a $350 POINTS guy seems like a bargain. Now I understand why so many people take tickets to court.

Moral of the story, don't speed.


And that's why most people fight their tickets (or try to) The insurance company doesn't care if you were convicted of doing 1 km over the limit or 100km. The surcharge is ridiculous. In my book insurance companies are the scum of the earth, but that is another rant.
Image

User avatar
fjacky
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: T.O Area
Contact:

Postby fjacky » Thu May 24, 2007 2:09 pm

OPPAux wrote:
NinjaNikki wrote:In my book insurance companies are the scum of the earth, but that is another rant.


They're a necessary evil, like lawyers :twisted: . You don't like them until you need them, then they are your best friend(s).


As they say, If it wasn't for lawyers, we wouldn't need lawyers...... :D
!!!2008!!!

User avatar
NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Everywhere you want to be.
Contact:

Postby NinjaNikki » Fri May 25, 2007 1:05 am

OPPAux wrote:
NinjaNikki wrote:In my book insurance companies are the scum of the earth, but that is another rant.


They're a necessary evil, like lawyers :twisted: . You don't like them until you need them, then they are your best friend(s).


And then when you need them you better pray they don't screw you in some loop hole/crookery like the victims of Katrina. ;)
Image

User avatar
myers
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: burlington
Contact:

Postby myers » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:41 pm

I was asked during my home visit if I had ever fought a ticket.
(24 yrs of driving and 5-6 tickets(minor speeding)
The answer was no.
I guess they apprieciate when one can accept one did wrong and not try to
fight tickets based on technicalities which costs officer and court time.
Think about it first.

Myers.
who dares almost wins.

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:18 am

myers wrote:I was asked during my home visit if I had ever fought a ticket.
(24 yrs of driving and 5-6 tickets(minor speeding)
The answer was no.
I guess they apprieciate when one can accept one did wrong and not try to
fight tickets based on technicalities which costs officer and court time.
Think about it first.

Myers.


It's the person's right to be proven guilty in a court of law. Now, if you know you're guilty and you're trying to get out of it on a technicality, that's not good. However, if someone truly believes that they are innocent, then by all means they should be permitted to contest it in court without it being held against them.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Stinger
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:57 am
Contact:

Postby Stinger » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:24 am

SD_SC1 wrote:
myers wrote:I was asked during my home visit if I had ever fought a ticket.
(24 yrs of driving and 5-6 tickets(minor speeding)
The answer was no.
I guess they apprieciate when one can accept one did wrong and not try to
fight tickets based on technicalities which costs officer and court time.
Think about it first.

Myers.


It's the person's right to be proven guilty in a court of law. Now, if you know you're guilty and you're trying to get out of it on a technicality, that's not good. However, if someone truly believes that they are innocent, then by all means they should be permitted to contest it in court without it being held against them.


The innocence stops when you see the cop car, look at your spedo, and slam on your breaks.

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:08 pm

Stinger wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:
myers wrote:I was asked during my home visit if I had ever fought a ticket.
(24 yrs of driving and 5-6 tickets(minor speeding)
The answer was no.
I guess they apprieciate when one can accept one did wrong and not try to
fight tickets based on technicalities which costs officer and court time.
Think about it first.

Myers.


It's the person's right to be proven guilty in a court of law. Now, if you know you're guilty and you're trying to get out of it on a technicality, that's not good. However, if someone truly believes that they are innocent, then by all means they should be permitted to contest it in court without it being held against them.


The innocence stops when you see the cop car, look at your spedo, and slam on your breaks.


I'm referring to all types of tickets, not just speeding tickets.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Gard
King Poobah
Posts: 2457
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2000 1:01 am
Location: In the Temple of Syrinx.
Contact:

Postby Gard » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:30 pm

One ticket for having thick, gorgeous hair,

One for excessive mackin' and unnecessary stylin'.

That is all.
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest