Woman charged with making gesture at cop

Police traffic discussion, ideas, and personal stories (humourous or informative).

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Re: Woman charged with making gesture at cop

Postby Minimum Wage Warrior » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:52 am

Speeding is one of those tests for people that really shows their character. What they say about it when they get caught tells a lot about someones integrity. It's ironic that the best response, admitting to it, is the best way to get away with a warning and also the easiest way to get convicted.

I recall a guy who wanted to argue getting a ticket for a rolling stop. He blasted me saying I was young and inexperienced, he's driven in reverse more than I have forwards, etc. I just explained the ticket and how to pay it or dispute it. He was borderline criminal code at one point when he wanted to complain by calling 911. I was polite and I think that really just made him steam even more seeing how he wasn't getting a reaction. When he pulled away from us we made sure to see if he came to a complete stop down the road. If he did another rolling stop we were going to give him another ticket. The complaints will roll off my back but if he thinks he can roll stop signs because he has a big mouth then that's something else completely.
Minimum Wage Warrior
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Shawshank » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Minimum Wage Warrior wrote:Speeding is one of those tests for people that really shows their character. What they say about it when they get caught tells a lot about someones integrity. It's ironic that the best response, admitting to it, is the best way to get away with a warning and also the easiest way to get convicted.

I recall a guy who wanted to argue getting a ticket for a rolling stop. He blasted me saying I was young and inexperienced, he's driven in reverse more than I have forwards, etc. I just explained the ticket and how to pay it or dispute it. He was borderline criminal code at one point when he wanted to complain by calling 911. I was polite and I think that really just made him steam even more seeing how he wasn't getting a reaction. When he pulled away from us we made sure to see if he came to a complete stop down the road. If he did another rolling stop we were going to give him another ticket. The complaints will roll off my back but if he thinks he can roll stop signs because he has a big mouth then that's something else completely.

Did he roll another stop?
Each day I don't move further towards my goal is a day that I have squandered.
My time will come.
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby Minimum Wage Warrior » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:48 pm

No, nice full stop at the next sign down the road. We were watching.
Minimum Wage Warrior
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Dudley DoRight » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:30 pm

meathead1 wrote:it's like a "fail to sign ownership in ink" charge- crown knows the guy was a douchebag to get that ticket.

I charged a serial B&E artist for having the incorrect colour on his vehicle regsitration. He had roller painted it flat black to make it harder to see while he worked"...and so we would not recognize him. Got a standing ovation and chicken noises from GIS until I pointed out I had charged him with VTs more than they had charged him with PSP & BE...and he always got convicted of my charges. :pistols:
Dudley DoRight
King Poobah

Postby ShadowBrooks » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Dudley DoRight wrote:
meathead1 wrote:it's like a "fail to sign ownership in ink" charge- crown knows the guy was a douchebag to get that ticket.

I charged a serial B&E artist for having the incorrect colour on his vehicle regsitration. He had roller painted it flat black to make it harder to see while he worked"...and so we would not recognize him. Got a standing ovation and chicken noises from GIS until I pointed out I had charged him with VTs more than they had charged him with PSP & BE...and he always got convicted of my charges. :pistols:

Get em where you can... I have a fail to state name and address guy right now that I gave multiple VT's too, hoping to get stay of proceedings on the others for a guilty plea on the stupid charge..
Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.
ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Traffic Initiatives