Hi

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
Vinsanity
Rookie Member

Hi

Postby Vinsanity » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:05 am

Hi I'm 24 years old been doing security for a year at peragon. graduated high school but did not go to college always wanted to be a cop, right out of high school I did construction up until last year when I realized If I wanted to be a cop I can't do construction no more. I get very low pay as a security guard (12.00$hourly) would you guys know any jobs that have good pay and is good experience for policing.

Vinsanity
Rookie Member

Re: Hi

Postby Vinsanity » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:46 am

I guess you need experience in the police kind of field like security etc I doubt the cops are gonna accept a person with no post secondary school with just construction on his resume

Vinsanity
Rookie Member

Postby Vinsanity » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:48 am

I was thinking about brinks but I herd when u start they don't give u good hours or pay

Vinsanity
Rookie Member

Postby Vinsanity » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:32 am

i work with a retired police officer right now he didn't go to college he went to the military straight out of high school for 5 years finished service then applied to York regional police they took him right away he tells me nothing is ever enough (resume)he tells me to get a mall security job or mobile security, get lots of community service hours and go to school or he said to join the military but things are a lot different now he went to the Middle East in the late 60s
He tells me theirs guys with lots of experience on their resume and can't get in and guys with relativity no LE experience and no school and they get in

Vinsanity
Rookie Member

Postby Vinsanity » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:24 am

He was a cop for 30 years and is still well connected yea I know security is not LE I was just looking for suggestions on a job that pays good and is good experience he said he can help me with auxiliary with yrp but working 7 days is gonna be tough

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:23 am

Also, please learn how to structure a sentence, then a paragraph and proper grammar. Just because it's the Internet doesn't mean you don't have to present yourself properly.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

Molson
Rookie Member

Postby Molson » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:38 am

basketcase wrote:Also, please learn how to structure a sentence, then a paragraph and proper grammar. Just because it's the Internet doesn't mean you don't have to present yourself properly.

I can't read it no more... :stupid: