"Extras"

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
Tango5
Rookie Member

Re: "Extras"

Postby Tango5 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:46 am

mdc and I have had a talk through PMs.
We have cleared things up, at least I hope we did.

mdc, I do have kids, three of them pre-teens.
It's hard for sure.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:52 am

that's nice. I'm still interested in who he works for, since he made a big show of advising he was a peace officer, carries a badge, gets red and blues and (when it's shipped to him) gets to carry a gun.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

scairns
Rookie Member

Postby scairns » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 am

meathead1 wrote:that's nice. I'm still interested in who he works for, since he made a big show of advising he was a peace officer, carries a badge, gets red and blues and (when it's shipped to him) gets to carry a gun.

He's CBSA: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13520&p=335513#p335513

mdc
Rookie Member

Postby mdc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 am

Well, I apologize to everyone here for making a big show during any of this. It doesn't look professional and it alienates the members.

red_coat
Sage Member

Postby red_coat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 am

mdc, maybe you should get off your high horse and actually re-read the first post too. I know you're CBSA (or at least that's what was implied in the other thread posted) and have powers to compel the truth from people, but you obviously can not comprehend what is written as well as you think you do.

1. He has applied to be a POLICE OFFICER
2. He asks about course that have "relevance to POLICING"
3. He refers to an officer inspecting his car seat, when was the last time a CBSA "Officer" did that?

Therefore, it should be understood that when he says officer, he means POLICE OFFICER.

Pull your own foot out of your own mouth.

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 am

Red Coat, do you really want to mess with a guy who has full badge powers??

You may have a red coat but MDC has red AND blues!
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

red_coat
Sage Member

Postby red_coat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 am

So do I, and I'm allowed to use them whenever I want.

It still doesn't change the fact that he called someone off for doing exactly what he did, but he doesn't realize that.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:46 am

Last thing I want is to step on toes. Take it literally.

Being Regural Members, Minicipal or RCMP, Auxiliary/Reserve Members or Peace Officers... Whatever. Why there so much, I don't know .. resentment.

I share a car with 'you', ... sometimes. I wear the same patch on my sleeve.
Peace Officers ( insert CBSA ) does his own thing to assure laws are upheld.

Why the constant fights and arguments. Aren't we all on the same side?
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

mdc
Rookie Member

Postby mdc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:59 am

Clearly recognizing when one has made an error and owning up to it still isn't good enough for some people around here.

Regardless of where he applied or who's the intended target was, please stop attacking my stupid disclaimer at the bottom of the original post and re-read the whole thing.

If I incorrectly advised the op as to things that would be of a benefit to him as a an applicant, then I welcome the comments and suggestions.

ArcticCop
King Poobah

Postby ArcticCop » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:28 pm

mdc wrote:If I incorrectly advised the op as to things that would be of a benefit to him as a an applicant, then I welcome the comments and suggestions.

Here a suggestion- shut up. The guy asked about applying to the police. The police officers general consensus is that he should just apply. Perhaps take a verbal judo course...but its not required.

You, having never been a cop, dont need to offer him any help. Perhaps you should call NASA and help them out with their next mission. You have as much of an informed opinion on that as you do on this.

When they ship you your gun! LOL!

Maximum_Mu
Sage Member

Postby Maximum_Mu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Wannabe , you are missing the fact that you have extras already, and valuable extras at that.

I would welcome a new officer that knows what a slack adjuster does, knows there's usually more than one comic book in the cab, and that could help me interpret a download from a DDEC system, figure out where the bag of coke is hidden, and can explain it to a judge in plain language. Most rigs I work around are on their side, upside down, or burnt out, so no need for the creeper and official peace officer bump helmet.

Pick your force, apply, don't get discouraged and don't take no for an answer.............start running, don't worry about the weights.

Gardenfit
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Gardenfit » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:29 pm

I don't see the dramas..I had my gun posted to me. It was annoying though, they used too much bubble wrap and it had to be jammed into the letter box.

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 am

The poster of this thread should apply asap! I don't think any courses here and there would make a difference. His age and maturity level will set him apart already.
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

Minimum Wage Warrior
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Minimum Wage Warrior » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:55 am

I was actually sent to a one day car seat course shortly after getting on. It was being held in my town and I was an extra body since I was still on my RFT. I got a fancy certificate. All it told me to do was to read the bloody label on the seat.

wannabe fuzz
Rookie Member

Postby wannabe fuzz » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 am

I have applied. Sent in application, disclosure docs, etc., etc., in March. We have had several officers quit or retire in the last couple of months, so heres hoping I get a call. How often should one resend application?? Once a year? Once period? Until their mailbox is bursting full? :D