Appealing release from CTP

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
jkone
Rookie Member

Appealing release from CTP

Postby jkone » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:36 pm

I was released last week from CTP. I was wondering if anyone has heard of anyone appealing and getting reinstated or taken into a later class.

The reason I was released is pretty dumb. I applied, and was placed in inventory for Federal CX. In between when I was accepted to inventory and started CTP I screwed up at work, and got suspended for it.
I didn't disclose this to CSC, as I was done the application process, as I figured I'd paid my price, and it was over.

My vindictive ex-GF decided that CSC needed to know this info, and kindly wrote them to advise them.

I was released for "not displaying the values of the organization", as they said I should have told them about it.
I was one of the top performers in the class, and had no other issues, failed tests, behavioural issues, etc.

Apparently I can file a complaint through the Public Service commission. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks alot!

Mongo
Veteran Member

Re: Appealing release from CTP

Postby Mongo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:23 pm

You've certainly come to the right place for advice on this!
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

Chuk750

Postby Chuk750 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Can't wait, surprised it hasn't happened yet....
The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.
Sun-tzu

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:00 pm

geez............. I gotsta get me a seat for this train wreck.
Smurf shirted Constable Side-kick.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Its too easy.

Fishing with a grenade.

Dude, you are obviously a F-Up, lied or didn't disclose something in your past. Real good LE material.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Buffalo8
Rookie Member

Postby Buffalo8 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 pm

"
jkone wrote:I was released last week from CTP. I was wondering if anyone has heard of anyone appealing and getting reinstated or taken into a later class.

The reason I was released is pretty dumb. I applied, and was placed in inventory for Federal CX. In between when I was accepted to inventory and started CTP I screwed up at work, and got suspended for it.
I didn't disclose this to CSC, as I was done the application process, as I figured I'd paid my price, and it was over.

My vindictive ex-GF decided that CSC needed to know this info, and kindly wrote them to advise them.

I was released for "not displaying the values of the organization", as they said I should have told them about it.
I was one of the top performers in the class, and had no other issues, failed tests, behavioural issues, etc.

Apparently I can file a complaint through the Public Service commission. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks alot!
"
How is this Education and Training in the first place?

Wouldn’t this have a better home in Law Enforcement Applicants (FAQ), Police Human Resource Management, or Communications Skills, heck maybe even in The Rant...but certainly not in Education and Training...unless there is something you have actually learned and are willing to share.

Your story is also a bit vague, so without knowing the basic “facts”, it’s nearly impossible to provide a suggestion of any sort.

Besides, filing a complaint through the Public Service Commission is mainly for liberal woosies ;) I kid, I kid, of course.
Scientia est potentia. Scio me nihil scire. Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur. Vincit qui se vincit.

Bubbles1993

Postby Bubbles1993 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:02 pm

jkone wrote:Apparently I can file a complaint through the Public Service commission. Does anyone have any info on this?

Yeah you can find it at you'rescrewed.com...
Last edited by Bubbles1993 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.

- Oscar Wilde

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 pm

You can't complain to the Public Service Commission because you weren't a part of the public service. From what I can recall, you're not a public servant until you graduate from that program and sign your contract. You're SOL.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

Sumo_CPO
Seasoned Member

Postby Sumo_CPO » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Man, the trolls aren't even trying anymore. :((

I feel somewhat cheated after reading this thread........
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:16 pm

jkone wrote:My vindictive ex-GF decided that CSC needed to know this info...
Do you have any naked ex-girlfriend pictures you can share?

Just asking.... :twisted:
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 am

A.T.R. wrote:Dude, you are obviously a F-Up, lied or didn't disclose something in your past. Real good LE material.

You mean Corrections material.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:47 am

CTP.....CX.....CSC....GF.....What Does It All Mean....???? :?

I think you're just SOOL myself......

:wave:
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 am

Kopparoo2b wrote:CTP.....CX.....CSC....GF.....What Does It All Mean....???? :?

I think you're just SOOL myself......

:wave:

Means he wasn't good enough for CBSA.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 am

A.T.R. wrote:Means he wasn't good enough for CBSA.

:lol:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Federal CO

Postby Federal CO » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:59 pm

jkone wrote:I was released last week from CTP. I was wondering if anyone has heard of anyone appealing and getting reinstated or taken into a later class.

Thanks alot!

Your integrity is non existent. This has been discovered by the CSC.

Your "screw up at work" must have been pretty heavy.

See the pile of salt over there? Yeah, go pound it :wave:
Very good. But brick not hit back!