Implicit Bias Training in Law Enforcement

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
HNew
Rookie Member

Implicit Bias Training in Law Enforcement

Postby HNew » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:40 am

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum but a long time reader of the magazine. I'm a member of one of the larger police services in Ontario and I have a quick question/discussion topic for the group.

How do implicit biases impact your organization? What do you think of the training that is available on the topic of implicit bias and/or do you have any training you would recommend on this topic? What is being done to ensure people are aware of their own biases? What impact do you think street check training and the Report of the Independent Street Checks Review by Justice Tulloch has had on policing?

Open to any discussion on the topic.

Pete Broccolo

Re: Implicit Bias Training in Law Enforcement

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 am

HNew wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:40 am
Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum but a long time reader of the magazine. I'm a member of one of the larger police services in Ontario and I have a quick question/discussion topic for the group.

How do implicit biases impact your organization? What do you think of the training that is available on the topic of implicit bias and/or do you have any training you would recommend on this topic? What is being done to ensure people are aware of their own biases? What impact do you think street check training and the Report of the Independent Street Checks Review by Justice Tulloch has had on policing?

Open to any discussion on the topic.
Are you signed-up for the Private side? If not, do.
If so, take it there.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)