Simon Fraser University Criminology MA research

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

april_chai
Rookie Member

Simon Fraser University Criminology MA research

Postby april_chai » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:55 am

Hello there,

My name is April Chai and I am a Master's student in Criminology at Simon Fraser University, BC. I am looking for participants (e.g., retired or active: correctional officers, parole officers, police officers, investigators etc.) to do a short online survey for my Qualitative research project. The purpose of this survey is to discover how working with sex offenders shape or influence frontline professionals’ perceptions of them. You will be asked to complete an anonymous survey that will ask about your day-to-day interactions with sex offenders at work, your beliefs and feelings about them, and if your occupational role had an effect on your views towards them. Results from this research will hopefully inform better policies in regards to the management of sex offenders, and to improve frontline employees' mental health.

Please contact me directly at april_chai@sfu.ca if you are interested in participating, and I will send you a secure link to the online survey.

Thank you so much for your time! Looking forward to your responses.

Regards,
April Chai, B.A. (Psyc), PBD (Crim), M.A. student
School of Criminology
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive,
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6