Best Dressed Cars Contest

Discussion, ideas and thoughts on police vehicles.
mmiskiman
Rookie Member

Best Dressed Cars Contest

Postby mmiskiman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Thoughts? Comments? Anyone else have any nice lookin new rides to post?

http://blueline.ca/articles/canada-s_be ... ehicles--3

mmiskiman
Rookie Member

Re: Best Dressed Cars of 2012

Postby mmiskiman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:25 pm

88 views, no comments! alrighty!!!! i'll stick to the applicants threads lol

lndshark

Postby lndshark » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:54 pm

I really like the black and white paint schemes of Calgary and Edmonton. West Grey's Charger, the First Place winner is sharp.

I'm anxiously awaiting an update to the RCMP's livery. Wishful thinking?

Cop23

Postby Cop23 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Don't hold your breath on the RCMP to change their decals.. We are cutting 200 millions of our budget, we are so short and we are lacking proper and quality equipment. The last thing to do right now is spend money on decals my friend.
It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Waterman
Rookie Member

Postby Waterman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, I'm a fan of Edmonton and Calgary going back to Black and White, I don't really like what Calgary did in terms of their door decal. I feel something better than just uniform patch could have gone on there. Also I think Calgary should have done both front and rear doors white, not just the front ones.
I do like the use of Gold lettering over the black however

My 2 cents

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Not a fan of the all blue or all black with striping or swooshes.

CBSA scheme kicks ass though.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

hacienda216
Rookie Member

Postby hacienda216 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm

A.T.R. wrote:Not a fan of the all blue or all black with striping or swooshes.

CBSA scheme kicks ass though.

I think those black (or dark blue?) CBSA cars with the similar branding with slick tops look badass. There are quite a few of those kicking around the Niagara POA's.

The Ford factory brandings are blaaaaaaaaaah.

mmiskiman
Rookie Member

Postby mmiskiman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:44 pm

big fan of the black and whites in general. Very "police" looking (if thats an adjective i can use... lol) drove past one of the new EPS interceptor suv's the other day, very sharp

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Its nice to see the CBSA vehicle package win. They've put together a professional striping/marking scheme.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 pm

devilwoman wrote:Its nice to see the CBSA vehicle package win. They've put together a professional striping/marking scheme.

If only CSC could get a striping/marking scheme down. We don't have a standard so it varies so much.

shootemup
Sage Member

Postby shootemup » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am

So who drives the CBSA vehicles? G4S security guards doing prisoner transport?
Jackbooted Cig Enforcer

smarmy_rebel
Rookie Member

Postby smarmy_rebel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Hoodwinkle wrote:
shootemup wrote:So who drives the CBSA vehicles? G4S security guards doing prisoner transport?

No.

CBSA transports their own...for the most part. G4S is contracted to transport regulatory immigration cases. Anything criminal, is dealt with by our own...or police.

And those "regulatory immigration cases" are responsible for the vast vast vast vast majority of CBSA transports...

hacienda216 wrote:
I think those black (or dark blue?) CBSA cars with the similar branding with slick tops look badass. There are quite a few of those kicking around the Niagara POA's.

In order for a car to be considered a "slick top" I think there has to be a premeditated effort to make a vehicle more "stealthy" by removing a light bar that would otherwise be on said vehicle.

The cars you speak of simply lack light bars and only have very basic lighting packages on them... (Maybe that's because the CBSA doesn't really need emergency lighting, but I'm sure that's a conversation lots of people here are eager to have!)

Oh, and the fact that some of the cars are white, some are blue, and some are black with several different styles of markings (at the same POE!!!) is just proof that there really isn't a cohesive policy for ordering and dressing these vehicles.

I also don't understand why there is gold in the CBSA markings. Someone should have reminded them that the official CBSA colours have been Blue and Silver since like 2006!

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 pm

smarmy_rebel wrote:Oh, and the fact that some of the cars are white, some are blue, and some are black with several different styles of markings (at the same POE!!!) is just proof that there really isn't a cohesive policy for ordering and dressing these vehicles.

Why do you insist on coming back to speak on topics you continually demonstrate to have zero knowledge or experience of? The CBSA does have a policy, and it is white vehicles. It was put into place a couple of years ago. The differing colours of vehicles deployed in the field is not a clear demonstration of a lack of cohesive policy, but rather a clear demonstration of the new policy being phased in. Get lost already.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Oh, and the fact that some of the cars are white, some are blue, and some are black with several different styles of markings (at the same POE!!!) is just proof that there really isn't a cohesive policy for ordering and dressing these vehicles.

I would think that many of those vehicles are: (1) Being replaced and, as such, not having their markings redone. (2) Are in line to have their markings redone. You see this all the time with police services when they go to a new decal scheme. Some have old, some have new. Its time consuming and costly to redo cruisers.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."