Ford Interceptor silent partner issue.

Discussion, ideas and thoughts on police vehicles.
meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Re: Ford Interceptor silent partner issue.

Postby meathead1 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Yet your reply completely ignores the extremely valid point I made. Everyone secures their prisoners. What about people who aren't prisoners????
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

Whistler
Veteran Member

Postby Whistler » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm

I don't see why half cages aren't more popular... How often are there two prisoners/passengers in the back seat? I don't see it often if ever around here.

Half cage leaves enough room for a prisoner in right rear seat and also lets you have full mobility to move the driver seat back and reclined if you want too (no not in a "gangsta lean" but I am 6'3" and the cage limits seat travel in a lot of cars).

The new PIs I saw in Cornwall were fitted with half cages and the guys loved them. If smaller cars are going to become the norm in policing I can see the half cages getting pretty popular.

smarmy_rebel
Rookie Member

Postby smarmy_rebel » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 pm

meathead1 wrote:So you handcuff everyone before putting them in the back? What about giving someone a lift, or a person you are giving a breath test to, or a witness you are taking a statement from- you know, people you have NO LEGAL AUTHORITY to handcuff???

Tell the CBSA that...

Well, prior to the no transport policy that is!

SourSkittles
Rookie Member

Postby SourSkittles » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:15 am

Whistler wrote:I don't see why half cages aren't more popular... How often are there two prisoners/passengers in the back seat? I don't see it often if ever around here.

Half cage leaves enough room for a prisoner in right rear seat and also lets you have full mobility to move the driver seat back and reclined if you want too (no not in a "gangsta lean" but I am 6'3" and the cage limits seat travel in a lot of cars).

The new PIs I saw in Cornwall were fitted with half cages and the guys loved them. If smaller cars are going to become the norm in policing I can see the half cages getting pretty popular.

No kidding, I'm just under 6'7 theres no way in hell I can fit into a vic or charger with a cage installed. Everyone else called that my first day lol.
Aim low and you will succeed.

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:53 pm

SourSkittles wrote:
Whistler wrote:I don't see why half cages aren't more popular... How often are there two prisoners/passengers in the back seat? I don't see it often if ever around here.

No kidding, I'm just under 6'7 theres no way in hell I can fit into a vic or charger with a cage installed. Everyone else called that my first day lol.

So they gave you the taxi without the cage to drive?
OFFICER OF THE LAW

Tinman
Grand Poobah

Postby Tinman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 pm

SourSkittles wrote: Everyone else called that my first day lol.

The first day of what?
Say what you mean. Do what you say.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 pm

hacienda216
Rookie Member

Postby hacienda216 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 pm

opp2 wrote:...Not everyone on the side of the highway is an asshole at first blush...

Meh, if you average it out...look at most multi-lane highways. You've got 50% of Lane 3 occupied by assholes doing 95km/h and passing no one, 75% of Lane 2 occupied by assholes doing 104km/h and passing the assholes in Lane 3, and 75% of Lane 1 occupied by assholes doing 106km/h and passing Lane 2. Then you gotta factor in a couple assholes threading the needle at 160, add a few more assholes that can't work their signals or use their mirrors....man, thats a lot of assholes. If they're on a highway in southern Ontario, chances are they're an asshole.

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:58 pm

I was driving home from work last night and was almost run to the guard rails by two tractor-trailers because those assholes think it's necessary to do 102 km/hr passing somebody who's doing 100km/hr and cut you off to do it. I hate truckers! :banghead:
OFFICER OF THE LAW

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:14 pm

smarmy_rebel wrote:Tell the CBSA that...
Well, prior to the no transport policy that is!

WTF are you talking about?
Have you even done a U of F course?
Last edited by gotchya on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Not sure who you're responding to there.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

railcop
Grand Poobah

Postby railcop » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 am

opp2 wrote:
meathead1 wrote:Yet your reply completely ignores the extremely valid point I made. Everyone secures their prisoners. What about people who aren't prisoners????

I agree with Meathead...we often, he far more than I, would stop on the highway with folks who shouldn't be there, whether for a breakdown, pedestrian etc. There are times we don't arrest people, and when we offer them a ride. Not everyone on the side of the highway is an asshole at first blush..

It's a valid point.

Valid for sure. I was only responding to the one post and not the whole issue. Of course there are other situations to consider. Is the lack of a more ridged partition a safety concern? Yes. Do I want the airbag to deploy properly. Yes. Take each situation as it comes and do what you need to do to be as safe as you can. Our service has decided to go with the spit shield vs a more ridged solution. No need to discuss tactics here but on the other side it may make a good thread.
railcop
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 pm

meathead1 wrote:Not sure who you're responding to there.

That smarmy_rebel idiot. He's still pretending he's on the job with CBSA by commenting about things he knows nothing about. Was hiding in the shadows for a bit. Wish he'd go back and take SourSkittles with him.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.