OPP Mustang

Discussion, ideas and thoughts on police vehicles.
lndshark

Re: OPP Mustang

Postby lndshark » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Windsor Police use this stealthy Silverado SS on the highways:

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 pm

lndshark wrote:Windsor Police use this stealthy Silverado SS on the highways:

Love those Chevy SS.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Last edited by mack_silent on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 am

lndshark wrote:Windsor Police use this stealthy Silverado SS on the highways:

I remember this when I lived in Windsor. At a quick glance, you didn't really notice anything. One day I was out for a walk and saw it park. It was then that you could notice all the hidden lights and extras. I was impressed. They also had a mini-van and Camero all tricked out as well. Lots of willing customers on the E.C. Row! :D
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

matu02ca
Rookie Member

Postby matu02ca » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:54 am

Figured I would throw this in here since I actually have proof. The past is the past in regards to my posting here(apologies), so this time around I'll post pics to back up my claims.

Windsor police now has unmarked camaro SS' in their fleet, 4 from what A lot of people have seen. So here is one of them(So proof of at least one camaro SS).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ourwindsor ... otostream/ (Bottom left next to a 2012 charger)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samuelmc/6937606632/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SjiwgUU ... ure=relmfu

Btw Im not sure if they still have the silverado SS, I havent seen it in quite some time.
http://windsorpoliceandtransit.piczo.com Photos of Windsor Police and Transit Windsor

lndshark

Postby lndshark » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

It's been a little less than a year since I've seen the Silverado. I've seen the Charger but never the Camaro.

The most exciting units I've seen lately were the two un-marked traffic CVPI's at the Yorkton city detachment :mrgreen:

wonka1990
Veteran Member

Postby wonka1990 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Guelph is transitioning over to the ford police interceptors, and being a brand new car and nobody knows them yet, they have a few unmarked ones. They are quite sneaky... for now.
Opinions are my own and are not to reflect any views of my agency.

hacienda216
Rookie Member

Postby hacienda216 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Are there any O Dots on here willing to cop to driving or at least having seen or heard of some ACTUAL Mustang enforcement vehicles....? Maybe a dark blue one, with dark window tint?....Outfitted for traffic with radar, an MWS, etc?

Snow_Man
Rookie Member

Postby Snow_Man » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:12 pm

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CB_f_DupsJU/T ... 2_0785.jpg

Still my favourite!!! To "Swerve and Protect" 8)

Stinger
Poobah Overlord

Postby Stinger » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 pm

hacienda216 wrote:Are there any O Dots on here willing to cop to driving or at least having seen or heard of some ACTUAL Mustang enforcement vehicles....? Maybe a dark blue one, with dark window tint?....Outfitted for traffic with radar, an MWS, etc?

Not that I've heard of.

hacienda216
Rookie Member

Postby hacienda216 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Stinger wrote:
hacienda216 wrote:Are there any O Dots on here willing to cop to driving or at least having seen or heard of some ACTUAL Mustang enforcement vehicles....? Maybe a dark blue one, with dark window tint?....Outfitted for traffic with radar, an MWS, etc?

Not that I've heard of.

I had a picture of it being put together at GHQ garage. I heard it had been a pilot project that got scrapped, vehicle got stripped down and handed over to the SPIN guys....or is it just "spin"...is that an acronym? Anyway, too bad; woulda been a baaaaad ass traffic car.

pasierbek
Rookie Member

Postby pasierbek » Sat May 03, 2014 9:18 pm

The new Mustangs kind of look less "aggressive" with their new redesigned headlights in my honest opinion :? The 2013 Peel Regional Dodge Charger is always nice to see on the roads out of all the fleet vehicles because it looks crude but commands respect at the same time. However, I would have loved to see that Silverado SS in person!
"The world aint all sunshine and rainbows. Its a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody aint gonna hit as hard as life..."

jgiro403
Rookie Member

Postby jgiro403 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:35 am

I would love to see some Police Mustangs on the road. It suits them. Unfortunately they are not at all practical.... oh well.

ewmedicst
Rookie Member

Postby ewmedicst » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Seen a few non-traditional unmarked units in Windsor.

Seen the silverado and charger together securing an intersection (never understood why unmarked vehicles were used to close intersections, but I don't judge). I can assure you the Camaro is real (and not just because he caught me going a wee bit fast, either).

Windsor also recently updated their colours. Only seen 1 charger and 1 escape with it, but seems to be a transition. if I can get a decent pic I'll share.
Not a member of the LE family, but a proud supporter of all they do.

RightCoast
Rookie Member

Postby RightCoast » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:47 am

Calgary Police have a wide selection of untraditional traffic cars. I've seen white 'rig' trucks with back racks and even a plain jane 4dr Pontiac sunfire.

Just yesterday I saw an unmarked F150 that only had lights in the toolbox/grill. After he deactivated his lights you couldn't tell it was police until 20ft away.